No announcement yet.

Week 8: Lions @ Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as a franchise QB would be nice, I'm not sold that it's the most logical pick.

I wish you could draft a heart, because right now this team has none. It's not just a matter of a need for talent infusion. I mean..how do you go from a top 5 defense to......that?

At no point did I see a team that really cared. That's by far the most dissapointing thing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

And Tommie Harris is ******* stupid. Can we get one coach to teach him how to not jump offsides?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        As much as a franchise QB would be nice, I'm not sold that it's the most logical pick.

I wish you could draft a heart, because right now this team has none. It's not just a matter of a need for talent infusion. I mean..how do you go from a top 5 defense to......that?

At no point did I see a team that really cared. That's by far the most dissapointing thing.
        can we draft the wizard of oz? I mean our team could get a heart, Daniel Manning can get some courage, our QB can perhaps get a brain...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

We need to draft a safety. Archuleta sucks in pass coverage, but isn't bad in the box. D Manning is just bad. We just need to get healthy on Defense. Depending on how Dvoracek rehabs, we really don't need to sign/draft anyone else on Defense (except resigning Briggs). We just need an offense that can keep them fresh.

Offense...man is the o-line showing its age. They are embarrassing to watch. Berrian is still too soft and Griese has no arm. Benson ran hard today at least. Angelo and co have some major decisions to make on offense. We could see new faces at every position next year, aside from TE.

Comment

I think this season is the result of Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith getting cocky. Both of whom seemed to have this thinking over the off-season that they could lose key role players and just fill in their guys. Letting Rivera walk was a bad move, and it shows arrogance on Lovie's part. Letting half of our depth in the defensive backfield walk was idiotic. Not addressing the oline and drafting Garrett Wolfe were bone head moves and we're paying for it.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by k0ng View Post
              Offense...man is the o-line showing its age. They are embarrassing to watch.
              Speaking of the OLine, did anyone see what C. Smith did to Tait in the 4th quarter?

Holy ****. That was brutal.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Letting Ron Rivera go was not a bad move. It was the right move. Babich was bound to take over and it was best to make the transition right away. Plus, after all, Lovie runs the D primarily anyway.
                Last edited by Smokey Joe; 10-28-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                  Letting Ron Turner go was not a bad move. It was the right move. Babich was bound to take over and it was best to make the transition right away. Plus, after all, Lovie runs the D primarily anyway.
                  I'm not sure letting Rivera go was a smart move though, bears D hasn't been it's old self this season.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                    I think this season is the result of Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith getting cocky. Both of whom seemed to have this thinking over the off-season that they could lose key role players and just fill in their guys. Letting Rivera walk was a bad move, and it shows arrogance on Lovie's part. Letting half of our depth in the defensive backfield walk was idiotic. Not addressing the oline and drafting Garrett Wolfe were bone head moves and we're paying for it.
                    Eh....I don't want to overeact too much here.

I mean...I really liked Todd Johnson, and Chris Harris is an ok player, but would I love having them start either? Not really.

Babich clearly seems overwhelmed right now, so I don't question that. But I'm not upset about letting Rivera go as he was basically pimping himself out during the last two playoffs. And I don't recall too many people here damning the move at the time.

Clearly we need to draft some youth on the line, but I wouldn't take back the Olsen pick at all. After that there wasn't a whole lot to get excited about. Ugoh at #37 would have been nice, but the trade down was a smart move.

Wolfe was a terrible pick, no argument there.

My biggest beef this offseason was two things, which I questioned at the time.

The Darwin Walker trade and signing made no sense. Why are we paying a backup DT this much money? It still makes no sense to me at all.

The other move was making Lovie a top 5 paid coach. I understand it's a move they had to make to save face, but he's an average coach at best.

Comment

I think LT would be a wise choice for the Bears if a good one is available. Watching Corey Smith spear John Tait to the ground must've been embarrassing.

Comment

The bears should wait till the 2nd or 3rd round and draft a conservative, play manager QB, a guy who wont throw 4 picks but wont throw 4 td's, a guy who wont lose it for them. I think this is many bears fans idea too. Am i right?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Well, ideally a QB in the first would be perfect, but with needs in the secondary and on the OLine, we might as well just stick it out one more year with Orton or Griese.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing how Orton does before we go draft a QB. Orton has all the physical tools, but lets see if he can play a game and how he has progressed since his rookie season. But also, the QB stock coming out next year isnt so hot I believe, so if we are to go QB, I would go this year when there are quite a bit of decent QBs that could end up being good

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                              I wouldnt mind seeing how Orton does before we go draft a QB. Orton has all the physical tools, but lets see if he can play a game and how he has progressed since his rookie season. But also, the QB stock coming out next year isnt so hot I believe, so if we are to go QB, I would go this year when there are quite a bit of decent QBs that could end up being good
                              Well it's obviously very early, but Tebow, Longshore, and Caldwell could all be 1st rounders next year.

But I agree....it's weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Well it's obviously very early, but Tebow, Longshore, and Caldwell could all be 1st rounders next year.

But I agree....it's weaker.
                                this class is very strong, but I agree you could have a swing at Orton before drafting someone, definately a first round O-lineman wouldn't hurt

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information