Thoughts on Benson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    Haha, the Bears board is funny. I do the same thing every once and a while.

But on Benson, right now he is looking like a bust just because he cant manage anything w/o an offensive line. I think to draft a player like that, you need to have one to begin with. But not only that, he doesnt play with any drive, he goes down on contact easy, not a great reciever, or blocker. I dont know even with a good offensive line that he would be any good just because he goes down so easily.

Would I be opposed to drafting DMC? no. I think the 2 back system would be good, but it would signal that Benson isnt who we thought that he was, and that he wont be around once his contract runs up unless he signs for less money.

I think priorities though would go somewhat in this order:
    OL
    QB/S
    WR/RB

And I dont think that we need an OLB if Briggs ends up leaving. We have spent 2 3rd round draft picks on OLB in Okwo and Jamar Williams. I think we give them a shot before we give up on them.
    Bearfan..you hit some major points on the head with this. His attitude stinks. If he wants people off of his ass then he needs to start doing and stop talking. Again our offensive line is bad..its not the worst o-line i've ever seen. There are several runningbacks in this league that do well with marginal offensive lines. To hear him make laim excuses for his inability to run with fire under his ass is a bunch of crap. I've seen him run hard last year. He's not doing any of this now regardless of the offensive line. I personally am looking forward to an opportunity to see him wake up and smell the coffee or see someone else deserving of the position to replace him as runningback. JMO.

Comment

What runningback can play without an offensive line?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Walter Payton and Barry Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by evershot View Post
          He means running backs who aren't the best players to ever play their position. And you forgot Jim Brown.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            He means running backs who aren't the best players to ever play their position. And you forgot Jim Brown.
            I guess, but the fact benson doesn't run well isn't just the O-line, he's just not that good.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

There's a certain one in SoCal that I can think of. I think his first name's Ladanian. ;)

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Originally posted by evershot View Post
                I would agree that Benson is not at the level of Payton or Sanders. I'm glad we cleared that up. I'd still like to think there is some middle-room, however, between greatest of all time and absolutely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                  There's a certain one in SoCal that I can think of. I think his first name's Ladanian. ;)
                  I would totally disagree with this actually. LT needs his offensive line very much to be an effective runner. That's why he often has games of 20-30 yards. He's dangerous once he gets to the second level but if you can meet him at the line he's really not that good.

Comment

I would agree that Benson is not at the level of Payton or Sanders. I'm glad we cleared that up. I'd still like to think there is some middle-room, however, between greatest of all time and absolutely worthless.
                    Nope, your either Sweetness or Curtis Enis. No other options.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I think there is a 60% chance he's gone next year if he continues to play the way he has been.

The OL is indeed terrible though.

Comment

If they get him some O-line help, maybe he could produce. I guess being his first season where he is the work horse, with crap around him, qb and o-line, has made him look like crap. I think he is a back that needs to split carries, some backs have gotten it done with swiss cheese for o-line. But then again look at Edge James in AZ, with O-line help if he still does crap, then he has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                          I think there is a 60% chance he's gone next year if he continues to play the way he has been.

The OL is indeed terrible though.
                          he ain't going anywhere. His cap hit would still hurt this team a ton. Something like 5 million I think.

Comment

We could draft another RB this year but the problem isn't the RB's, it's the person choosing these players. JA has a terrible eye for talent on the offensive side of the ball. He hasn't drafted one good offensive player outside of Greg Olsen, who looks like a keeper. The only other player on offense that he's drafted that has been worth anything is Berrian. But Berrian has played like crap this year, he hasn't been catching the ball and he looks lazy running his routes, not to mention that he doesn't really like to block.

So in all reality, if we ever want a good offense, JA has to step aside and let someone who knows how to evaluate talent on offense make the decisions. (which will never happen, so we should just hope for another GM)

Comment

Anything less than 25 carries and 100 yards against the Raiders this weekend, and I'd be really concerned with Benson.

btw I love Olsen. What a great pick at #31. The next Tony Gonzalez imo.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

What we need is a great young offensive mind to be our OC.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information