Thoughts on Benson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaSuperfan View Post

So in all reality, if we ever want a good offense, JA has to step aside and let someone who knows how to evaluate talent on offense make the decisions. (which will never happen, so we should just hope for another GM)

But IMO JA has done a GREAT job. His eye for defensive talent is top notch, and if it means that we wont have a top 10 offense in the NFL...so be it.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

For what its worth, from a guy who's a Giants fan, and a Benson owner in Fantasy football, Benson reminds me of Ron Dayne.

Slow off the ball, not great vision, and for a guy who's supposed to be a pounder, he doesn't do alot of pounding.

However, I don't think he's as bad as people are painting him just yet. Give him a fair shake. In all likelihood, he'll be decent in a 1,2 RBC punch. I just don't think he'll be the workhorse he was supposed to be.

Comment

Yeah he needs to split the carriers, but also he can't be working with a crap line. Even the Edge James can't do anything with crap line look at him now.

Comment

Im a longhorn fan, so I need to give my two cents...

I thought Benson was over hyped coming out of college, however I did think he was a sure-fire solid NFL running back.

I would say he has been disappointing. Not horrible, and it is not all his fault. But if his attitude was better, I would feel sorry for him.

As it stands now, he needs to shut the heck up.
          I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Benson's stats say he played terrible, and he did at times today, well yesterday, but overall he did alright. The offensive line was terrible, and he had a couple good runs. Benson's problems are fixable, if we sure up the offensive line and get a compentent number 2 running back. None of this Garrett Wolfe **** get the midget outta here, and let AP slide back to 3 and special teams.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

His stats where similar to White, White had 30 carries for 100 yards. Wolfe had 1 carry. White and Benson are similar, White has 4 ypc, but thats a bit inflated because of his few 100 yrd games. Benson has like 3, true dat that White is doing better on the goaline.

Comment

I think if JA wants to do his pick in Benson some justice, he should draft OL at least 2wice in the 1st three rounds. Benson has been bad, but he shows flashes every once in a while getting those 9 yarders. Even if he doesnt pan out, we will still have some young guys on the OL as the base. Its a win win

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                  But IMO JA has done a GREAT job. His eye for defensive talent is top notch, and if it means that we wont have a top 10 offense in the NFL...so be it.
                  Yes but if it means your offense, which isn't brilliant to begin with, is just getting worse over the years... And I hate to mention it, but your defense isn't playing that well either.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Yeah, bear d is going down hill.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      His stats where similar to White, White had 30 carries for 100 yards. Wolfe had 1 carry. White and Benson are similar, White has 4 ypc, but thats a bit inflated because of his few 100 yrd games. Benson has like 3, true dat that White is doing better on the goaline.
                      How are White's stats inflated because he had a few 100 yard games?

Comment

Before, I was gung ho for ditching Benson. Now I am rethinking my thought process. Benson is a runner much like Alexander and LJ, needs a good line. When they have a good line, they not only are good, but they excel at a very high level. I think we need to give Benson that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                          Before, I was gung ho for ditching Benson. Now I am rethinking my thought process. Benson is a runner much like Alexander and LJ, needs a good line. When they have a good line, they not only are good, but they excel at a very high level. I think we need to give Benson that chance.
                          How have you came to that conclusion? Has Benson ever been successful in the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            Yes but if it means your offense, which isn't brilliant to begin with, is just getting worse over the years... And I hate to mention it, but your defense isn't playing that well either.
                            The offense is getting worse because the offensive line is getting worse. Struggling against the Raiders? Run the red flags.

The Bears definitely need to address offensive line in this upcoming Draft, as some posters have wisely noted already.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              Yeah, bear d is going down hill.
                              Actually our defense has improved considerably over the last 3 games. We've dealt with some issues this season but by and large the defense is young and talented. I'm not sure what 2008 will hold for the Bears, but I'm fairly certain we'll be back in the top 10 of defenses.

Offense may require another serious overhaul again though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                                How have you came to that conclusion? Has Benson ever been successful in the NFL?
                                The same way you came to the Orton is garbage conclusion ;)

Last year he had some sucsess when the offensive line was playing well. You can also attribute that to the 1-2 punch, and an existing passing attack, but he still didnt play atrocious. According to Fox Sports, he was averaging 4.1ypc last year. Not amazing, but its around the average. Thats when the line is playing good in his second year.

And I came to that conclusion after I read it somewhere *dont ask me where*. I like the comparison, I am not saying that he is LJ or Alexander, but he has shown that he can get a good 5-10yrd run when there is a hole, a la offensive line. Like I said, build the line, see how he does, its a win win

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information