Thoughts on Benson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    The same way you came to the Orton is garbage conclusion ;)

Last year he had some sucsess when the offensive line was playing well. You can also attribute that to the 1-2 punch, and an existing passing attack, but he still didnt play atrocious. According to Fox Sports, he was averaging 4.1ypc last year. Not amazing, but its around the average. Thats when the line is playing good in his second year.

And I came to that conclusion after I read it somewhere *dont ask me where*. I like the comparison, I am not saying that he is LJ or Alexander, but he has shown that he can get a good 5-10yrd run when there is a hole, a la offensive line. Like I said, build the line, see how he does, its a win win
    I agree that runningback is far from the Bears main issue. I'm probably just thinking of Benson as the 5th overall pick instead of a runningback who could be solid but unspectacular. It's sometimes hard to separate a players draft position and what can be expected out of them a few years later.

Comment

O-line and Qb.

Comment

I think they are going to bring him back for one more year. That said, I do expect them to add a back, whether it be through FA or the draft. Considering our glaring OT/QB concerns, along with other potential concerns at S and WR, amongst others, I think we'll look FA hard. Just not sure if we have the room to sign Burner, but we'll have to wait and see. Can't think of who else is a FA RB right now.

Comment

they already have that scat back (garrett wolfe) that can compliment bensons game and bring some energy and change of pace to this bears O. why arent they using him more often?

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
            I think they are going to bring him back for one more year. That said, I do expect them to add a back, whether it be through FA or the draft. Considering our glaring OT/QB concerns, along with other potential concerns at S and WR, amongst others, I think we'll look FA hard. Just not sure if we have the room to sign Burner, but we'll have to wait and see. Can't think of who else is a FA RB right now.
            A few of the big names:

Jamal Lewis
            Fred Taylor
            Chris Brown
            Julius Jones

Julius Jones could be an interesting experiment in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              they already have that scat back (garrett wolfe) that can compliment bensons game and bring some energy and change of pace to this bears O. why arent they using him more often?
              Because he's too small.

sig by VLS
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
              I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                A few of the big names:

Jamal Lewis
                Fred Taylor
                Chris Brown
                Julius Jones

And Benson already has a great relationship with a Jones brother.

Oh wait.....

I'd like Chris Brown personally. We apparently kicked the tires on him this offseason but he signed with the Titans because he thought he'd get more opportunities.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                  Because he's too small.
                  And is a piece of garbage. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    We could but Benson would have a temper tantrum. But then he would smoke some pot and things would be cool. Im all for Chris Brown. A lot will depend on what scheme the next offensive coordinator will bring in.
                    Last edited by SFbear; 11-12-2007, 10:54 PM.

Comment

It all depends on how much the Bears are willing to spend. They could get Jamal Lewis...

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Its the O line and Qb, all they need is a good backup, to split the carries with, also Turner is available.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          And Benson already has a great relationship with a Jones brother.

Oh wait.....

I'd like Chris Brown personally. We apparently kicked the tires on him this offseason but he signed with the Titans because he thought he'd get more opportunities.
                          Haha, I forgot that they were brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                            Because he's too small.
                            and sucks.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                              We could but Benson would have a temper tantrum. But then he would smoke some pot and things would be cool.
                              LOL

It was second-hand.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Other then the fact that he sucks. Nothing else.
                                Sad to see how him,Cadillac, and Brown are doing.
                                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information