Thoughts on Benson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
    Other then the fact that he sucks. Nothing else.
    Sad to see how him,Cadillac, and Brown are doing.
    Ronnie Brown was playing great football until he got hurt.

Comment

If he came cheap enough Jamal Lewis would be interesting. Chris Brown would be a nice pickup. Julius Jones would be interesting, he'd be a nice compliment to Benson, and both him and Benson thrive in a 2 back system. Whether or not the Jones family wants to deal with the Bears again is another story.

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

Turner would be a good pick up

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          Turner would be a good pick up
          Much too expensive for the Bears tastes. We need to keep some of that money to sign our own guys.

sig by VLS
          I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
            Benson's stats say he played terrible, and he did at times today, well yesterday, but overall he did alright. The offensive line was terrible, and he had a couple good runs. Benson's problems are fixable, if we sure up the offensive line and get a compentent number 2 running back. None of this Garrett Wolfe **** get the midget outta here, and let AP slide back to 3 and special teams.
            Again I witnessed CB break a couple runs to get tackled by a safety, cb etc. This guy should be running these guys over. Its as if he says, "alright I got 6 yards..time to bag it in". Again our O-Line needs a lot of help but its not as bad as people are making it. If Anthony Thomas could muster 1000yds and 4.2 ypc with that crap O-Line or better yet offense we had in 2003 then Cedric Benson should with this one. Hell we even had Kordell Stewart as our starting qb with Marty Booker posting season ending stats comprable to Berrian of now. That team was disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              It all depends on how much the Bears are willing to spend. They could get Jamal Lewis...
              Please dear God no. We had enough head cases. There's plenty of rookie runningbacks that could emerge as solid pro's. It doesn't have to be a 1st rnd pick either.

Jonathan Stewart is a very good back. The kid comes from a church background similar to Tommie Harris and he's focused on working hard. I had the chance to watch him rip people up in highschool and I have to say it was similar to seeing highschool clips of Corey Dillon. If he can keep a level head as he did in highschool he has a lot of promise in the pro's.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                Please dear God no. We had enough head cases. There's plenty of rookie runningbacks that could emerge as solid pro's. It doesn't have to be a 1st rnd pick either.

Jonathan Stewart is a very good back. The kid comes from a church background similar to Tommie Harris and he's focused on working hard. I had the chance to watch him rip people up in highschool and I have to say it was similar to seeing highschool clips of Corey Dillon. If he can keep a level head as he did in highschool he has a lot of promise in the pro's.
                Stewart is a fine player, but he will clearly come at a 1st round price, which will require us once again to carry Benson as our backup or eat all of his salary, something that I don't think we could do if we wanted to. Not to mention that we would completely ignore our other needs. It's simply not going to happen.

And I could care less whether a player goes to church. Jefferey Dahmer was raised in a church family too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Stewart is a fine player, but he will clearly come at a 1st round price, which will require us once again to carry Benson as our backup or eat all of his salary, something that I don't think we could do if we wanted to. Not to mention that we would completely ignore our other needs. It's simply not going to happen.

And I could care less whether a player goes to church. Jefferey Dahmer was raised in a church family too.
                  My point was he shows himself to be a model citizen. (which could change given a few million in your pocket). The kid worked hard and stayed out of trouble. We all see he's a solid collegiate runningback. Now if he can carry this into the pro's he can make himself to be one hell of a NFL back. I'm not sure if he'll go in the 1st but I would definatelly look at snagging him if he remained until the 2nd. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                    My point was he shows himself to be a model citizen. (which could change given a few million in your pocket). The kid worked hard and stayed out of trouble. We all see he's a solid collegiate runningback. Now if he can carry this into the pro's he can make himself to be one hell of a NFL back. I'm not sure if he'll go in the 1st but I would definatelly look at snagging him if he remained until the 2nd. JMO
                    Stewart is a sure-fire 1st round back. Trust me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

We have bigger needs to spend our first , second and third round picks on.

sig by VLS
                      I don't care...

Comment

Either get Turner or a RB in the draft. Ive never been a fan of used cars if you get what im saying.

Comment

Felix Jones should be considered in the 2nd round at some point if he was available. The only RB I'd consider in the 1st round would be Darren McFadden, but we'll win too many games to even get a chance at him.

Comment

Please take Julius Jones off our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by DaSuperfan View Post
                              Felix Jones should be considered in the 2nd round at some point if he was available. The only RB I'd consider in the 1st round would be Darren McFadden, but we'll win too many games to even get a chance at him.
                              Felix Jones is considered as a top 10 talent by some. I don't know what you are talking about, this junior RB class is loaded with great talent and a lot of them are already considered to be possible first rounders.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Please take Julius Jones off our hands.
                                Julius Jones' current contract, which ends after this season, will see to that.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information