2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    Can I get some thoughts on Earl Bennett?
    He seems to be fine, it def hurts with that Offense but he seems to have the best TC of any WR so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
      no, definately not. Our O-line is too bad.
      I take it this is somewhat of a consensus.. I'd like to specify.. would forte be appealing to a 12 team league that starts 2 rb's and a w/r flex position? My amateur guess as to how he will preform is that he will get alot of touches and score because hes the best (and only?) goal line option.. is that not so?

sig by bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
        I take it this is somewhat of a consensus.. I'd like to specify.. would forte be appealing to a 12 team league that starts 2 rb's and a w/r flex position? My amateur guess as to how he will preform is that he will get alot of touches and score because hes the best (and only?) goal line option.. is that not so?
        That is correct, but the mistake you made is that our RB situation is most likely going to be by committee. Forte will probably start games, but Kevin Jones will steal alot of touches, and Garret Wolfe will be used sometimes. The committee approach and our bad o-line will definately limit him.
        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• After two games I'd say it looks like we'll be able to win maybe 5 or 6 games.
          Our oline is terrible, our two QB's too, btw don't they just look really really bad fundamentally? Maybe it's because of the constant pressure they are under.
          There is a couple of talented players at the RB and WR position, but I think the offensive playcalling is really holding them back.
          The seahawks just started jumping that quick out route, because it was called every other pass play. This probably has something to do with our terrible oline play aswell.

On defense there is speed and talent, but a ton of missed tackles.
          There is depth at a lot of positions - DE, CB etc..

But in the end, the offense is going to really hold us back this year..
          Change is needed - Tebow in the first maybe?

Comment

• Kyle Orton has been named the starter for week one.
            http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...kush081808.htm
            This really should not be a surprise to anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
              Kyle Orton has been named the starter for week one.
              http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...kush081808.htm
              This really should not be a surprise to anyone.
              So how many games until Chicago fans start booing Orton despite terrible Oline play and start calling for Rex(or Hanie) to start. I'll say 5.

Comment

• I'll go with 4, they will call for Hanie.

Comment

• you'll never...ever....see me calling for rex grossman to start at QB. I'd rather start at QB...

Comment

• Originally posted by xspikex View Post
                    Our oline is terrible, our two QB's too, btw don't they just look really really bad fundamentally? Maybe it's because of the constant pressure they are under.
                    There is a couple of talented players at the RB and WR position, but I think the offensive playcalling is really holding them back.

I agree. Grossman looks better than last year. He's getting a little better presence, but, he's just not having enough time with the playcalling we get. Orton doesn't look much better in that regard. Positive to orton is that he's harder to knock down and doesn't look for the play.

I expect turner to be out at the end of year.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                      So how many games until Chicago fans start booing Orton despite terrible Oline play and start calling for Rex(or Hanie) to start. I'll say 5.
                      Fan reaction will be interesting this year. I think most people expect us to be bad, but I'm not sure that will pacify the masses.

Orton will get a much longer leash than Grossman would have however. Especially among the Rex-haters that will be happy to just have anyone else.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Kyle Orton will certainly be worse than Rex Grossman would have... not because of what he'll do, but because of what he won't do.

Kyle Orton will add nothing to this offense... at least when Grossman was in the offense was watchable for a few minutes every game.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                          Kyle Orton will certainly be worse than Rex Grossman would have... not because of what he'll do, but because of what he won't do.

Kyle Orton will add nothing to this offense... at least when Grossman was in the offense was watchable for a few minutes every game.
                          This is pretty much my thought process. Orton is a good QB for a team with a dominant OL, good run game, good defense, and good ST's. He's a game manager.

If our team wants to win we have to have more than a game manager. We have a guy who can put up some points. Now granted Rex isn't by any means an All-Pro QB but he gives our offense a dimension Orton doesn't. No one is going to respect our passing game with Orton in at QB. At least wth Rex they might play back a bit to give us some running room lol.

I know Rex is inconsistent but since the majority on here think we aren't going anywhere this year anyway, why not unleash the dragons for another season? What have we got to lose? Instead we go with the conservative decision on a guy who probably won't average 200 yards a game in the air. Awesome.

I'd rather have Hanie in there than Orton.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• i'm with both of you. grossman, if he can figure out how to pull it out, will give us more wins. not because of what he won't do (turn the ball over), but because what he will do (**** it, go deep).

i like him. i'd give him 1/2 of the season, i'd give hanie the second half.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• I just don't see how you can really grade out QB's with our POS offensive line. Orton got great protection in his debut against Kansas City. Rex got smacked against Seattle. In fact I don't think Orton was touched in the first game.

Neither one really asserted themselves but in the 2 preseason games, Orton recieved more protection from the first unit.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                                i'm with both of you. grossman, if he can figure out how to pull it out, will give us more wins. not because of what he won't do (turn the ball over), but because what he will do (**** it, go deep).

i like him. i'd give him 1/2 of the season, i'd give hanie the second half.
                                Yeah IF he could figure it out. Isn't that what we've been saying for about two years now?
                                No, Grossman is the worse choice. He will not give us more wins because he gives the ball up too much. He fumbles snaps, he randomly falls down, he throws into double or triple coverage. At least I can count on Orton to NOT hand the ball over to the other team at our 40.

Grossman has had his chance to improve and he has never done it. We saw Orton as a rookie, and in a couple of games last year. I want to give him his chance.
                                Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                                Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information