2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm REALLY worried about our defense.
    Looks like we haven't improved on anything that was bad last year.

Constantly looking for the big play has us missing tackles all over the field.
    On a WR screen the corner is suppose to break down and make a sure tackle, not lunge himself forward trying to make a play behind the LOS only to miss the tackle and let the WR pick up ten yards.
    And the same goes for every position on defense!
    Break down, make the tackle!!
    Yes we're fast and atlethic on that side of the ball, but having guys throwing themself at the ballcarrier trying to tackle him with one arm just isn't going to work.
    There is alot of overpursuiting and really poor block shedding going on as well..
    There's so much talent but so many mental mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      i hope they do. they've gotta be just as sick of his **** as I am, if not moreso.... you block and block and block and that midget hocks up a interception 35 yards down the field and suddenly you have to go try and tackle the guy who made the pick...

I'd hate him too as an o-lineman
      You'd be paid to block. If you're not blocking (which they're not), they should be riding the pine.

They're clearly pulling the same **** with grossman as they did with benson.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        You'd be paid to block. If you're not blocking (which they're not), they should be riding the pine.

They're clearly pulling the same **** with grossman as they did with benson.
        For some reason I can't bring myself to actually mind it...

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing Grossman getting cut and bringing in someone like Simms to be the backup. I think at this point, Grossman is more of distraction then anything else.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            I wouldn't mind seeing Grossman getting cut and bringing in someone like Simms to be the backup. I think at this point, Grossman is more of distraction then anything else.
            dude.....that would be amazing. I don't even really want there to be a remote chance of Rex playing this year and I think you know as well as I do that if he's on the roster and KO struggles for more than about 1 game in a row, the temptation to let Rex go and pray for "good Rex" to show up will be there.....

I kind of wanted Pennington for at least that reason when he was still a FA. Simms would be adequate too

Comment

• I think Smokey Joe has a good point. Grossman does not have any chance of succeeding here. For three straight games, Orton gets much better protection than Grossman did. Eventually, that becomes a trend instead of an anamoly. Fans also can't wait to boo Grossman every chance they get. If everybody doesn't want him that badly, just get rid of him.

Comment

• Simms ******* sucks. I'd rather just have Hanie.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Simms ******* sucks. I'd rather just have Hanie.
                  ******* suck more than Grossman though? thats really really hard to do....

Comment

• I've never ever liked Simms, either in college or in the pros.

Give me Sexy Rexy any day of the week and twice on Sundays instead.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      I've never ever liked Simms, either in college or in the pros.

Give me Sexy Rexy any day of the week and twice on Sundays instead.
                      only if you get to put him on the other team.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        For some reason I can't bring myself to actually mind it...
                        I can. If you cant control the whims of your offensive line. You are a ****** coach. If i was JA and i could tell my o-line wasn't blocking for one of my players, i'd trade them all to the lions and chiefs.

if you want to say someone sucks, and your own team is out against you. Dude. I don't care how much you may hate grossman, that is piss poor ethics.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Yes, Simms is worse than Grossman. Besides being Phil Simms' son what has he ever done?

Comment

• He has another man's initials tattoed on his ankle.

Yeah, he's a winner.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• What about bringing in a guy like Andrew Walter or John Beck? Two younger guys who have lost favor in their respective clubs. Im all for cutting Grossman but not with just Hanie sitting there. Beck or Walter would be a good pr move, they bring in a young guy to sit behind KO.
                              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Personally I think Walter is garbage and would killed behind our line.

Beck would make some sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information