2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Personally I think Walter is garbage and would killed behind our line.

Beck would make some sense.
    As I said before, I liked Beck coming out, but if he is as bad as he has reportedly been in Miami, I want no part in him. There's an incredibly slim chance he could do better here than there but given the two teams respective situations, I sincerely doubt it.

Comment

• Hmm....I wouldn't be against giving Beck a shot. Problem with that is I've read that the Cowboys are fairly interested in him and might even give up a late round pick to trade for him. The Dolphins are just waiting for the end of the preseason to make sure none of their other QB's get hurt or in case any other teams come at them with a better offer.

Comment

• I would take Walter over Beck. I think Walter has a better long term potential if we were to try and develop him, and he has been in the NFL longer. Beck was a 26 year old rookie...thats older than Kyle right now.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• It's not a matter if the backup we bring in is better or worse then Rex. It's a matter of having a guy who we will know for sure will not cause any distractions, and someone the whole team has not soiled on. Call me crazy, but I think the whole Bears team is sick of Grossman and won't be sad to see him gone at all... similar to the way they felt about Benson.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            It's not a matter if the backup we bring in is better or worse then Rex. It's a matter of having a guy who we will know for sure will not cause any distractions, and someone the whole team has not soiled on. Call me crazy, but I think the whole Bears team is sick of Grossman and won't be sad to see him gone at all... similar to the way they felt about Benson.
            You really have nothing to base that on. I don't think you're crazy, you're just baselessly speculating.

Publicly most players have showed an unjustifiable loyalty to Grossman. You really can't say that about Benson, who some players had no problem publicly bashing.

Not to mention that it's a terrible policy in general to allow players to make personel decisions.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Wow...Marcus Monk got cut today. I expected him to get cut of course, but I thought he would at least make the final 75.

Comment

• I was bummed to read that. Did he show any promise?
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• hopefully no one else wants him and we get him back on the practice squad...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    I was bummed to read that. Did he show any promise?
                    From everything I've read no. The fact that he was below Brandon Rideau and Mike Hass throughout camp says something too.

I'm sure if we wanted him on the practice squad we wouldn't have already cut him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      You really have nothing to base that on. I don't think you're crazy, you're just baselessly speculating.

Publicly most players have showed an unjustifiable loyalty to Grossman. You really can't say that about Benson, who some players had no problem publicly bashing.

Not to mention that it's a terrible policy in general to allow players to make personel decisions.
                      Michael Haynes said in an article a couple months ago that no one in the locker room actually liked Grossman, or something along those lines. And what to do want the players on the team to publicly say? We hate Grossman? Come on now.

And while it might be a bad policy to allow players make personel decisions, you have to keep the majority of your players happy.

It's no secret Grossman is unhappy about being benched, and while he might not be a distraction yet, he has potential to be one. I say just get rid of him now and finally cut ties with him. It's not like he has any upside left with this team. And if Orton sucks and gets benched, we're ****** anyway no matter who the backup is.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• I can't imagine that Grossman will be a distraction given that nobody cares what he thinks. It doesn't really matter either way, I just think Grossman is a little better than the alternative.

Comment

• I don't see Grossman as a distraction. If anything, he would be an even bigger distraction if he was starting. Nobody is ever happy over getting benched. At least he decided to deal with it by saying he would do his best as a backup.

Comment

• http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008...n_bears_a.html

Miller to pick between Bears and Bucs; Manning Jr. headed out
                            By Brad Biggson
                            August 26, 2008

The agent for veteran offensive tackle Fred Miller said he expects him to make a decision today between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Bears.

Harold Lewis said the Bears have offered Miller a one-year contract for the minimum of $830,000, and the Bucs have an offer on the table that is believed to be richer. Miller's family lives in the area and he has business interests here.

The Bears are also expected to part ways with cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. later today, one way or another. Manning was told to leave Halas Hall after he was removed from a meeting before practice. The Bears will grant him his release or trade him.

Check back later for more information.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRn5-LQCg2s
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• yeah...pretty much. Fred Miller allowing anyone with a body to roar past him and make sacks.....

Sucks for RMJ I think....as long as he didn't have to start, he seemed to excel in the nickel role...

Comment

• What the hell are we doing competing with another team for Fred ***** Miller?

This really drives home why drafting tackles is so important. Otherwise you're left scraping the bottom of the barrel. In the future perhaps Angelo can pick one without a herniated disc in his spine.

Ugh. I just had a terrible thought. What if we end up paying Miller a larger salary than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information