Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm really starting to think the lack of run defense falls on Babich. Personel-wise we're essentially the same team as last year. I suppose the changes made at a defensive tackle position could have some effect, but the best run stopper on the team right now is probably Anthony Adams so I don't see that. It just seems like there are far too many holes and far too few people to fill those holes. I hate to call for Babich's head after one year, particularly cause he seems like a great guy, but I'm not sure he's up for the job quite frankly.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • I miss Ron Rivera in that, under Rivera, I think we mixed up our defensive calls more. I know Lovie wants to run cover 2 most of the time, but I liked it better when we mixed things up and challenged teams to adjust. Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe Babich has mixed things up, but sure feels like we've called cover 2 a lot more this year.

      Comment


      • I don't think our Run D was really that good last year either. They were getting gashed all of last season to. The only difference was that the offense was keeping the D off the field a lot more the first half of last season. Sure Babich and Lovie deserve a lot of the blame for this season, but it seems to me that most teams have the cover 2 and the variations of it figured out pretty well.

        Another big reason why we can't stop the run is it seems our dline is always pass rushing and taking themselves out of the play. Then the offensive lineman just go and block Briggs and Urlacher. Better playcalling could fix this. Drafting a fatass DT to take up space would also help.
        Last edited by k0ng; 12-03-2007, 11:21 AM.

        Comment


        • It seems to be whenever I watch the Bears that they struggle against the stretch play more than anything in regard to the ground game. That could be attributed to an overly aggressive front seven that get by on athleticism more than power, thus the RB can just sit and wait for them to make their move and shoot for the vacated lane. Ward did that on a few occasions and it helped to have Madison Hedgecock mauling whoever got into his path. He played the game of his life yesterday.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

          Comment


          • Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
            I miss Ron Rivera in that, under Rivera, I think we mixed up our defensive calls more. I know Lovie wants to run cover 2 most of the time, but I liked it better when we mixed things up and challenged teams to adjust. Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe Babich has mixed things up, but sure feels like we've called cover 2 a lot more this year.
            To quote 51 we've played alot more cover 2 since not having Vasher and Brown.

            sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

            Comment


            • am I the only one that would love to bring in a fat 330+ lb run stuffer for the DLine?

              ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                am I the only one that would love to bring in a fat 330+ lb run stuffer for the DLine?
                If he could get to the QB then definetly.

                Comment


                • Profootballtalk.com reports LB Lance Briggs and the Bears have come to terms on a long-term contract extension.

                  Briggs, who is currently playing under the one-year franchise tender, has played hurt all season but still performed at a high level. Terms of the deal aren't yet available.
                  Hooray if true!

                  ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    am I the only one that would love to bring in a fat 330+ lb run stuffer for the DLine?
                    We could. But then Lovie would make him lose about 40 lbs. Lovie's infatuation with pass rush inspite of run D upsets me sometimes.

                    Comment


                    • Actually I don't have a problem with speed over size. I think Lovie's bend but don't break mentality is the wisest course of action in today's NFL. The problem is that people simply aren't making tackles. 9 times out of 10 Danieal Manning shouldn't even count as a defender against the run.

                      Nice to hear about Briggs if true too. I'll be interested in the numbers and if this makes him the highest paid player on the team. Tillman's deal is currently numero uno, and I personally doubt they would go much higher than that.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Actually I don't have a problem with speed over size. I think Lovie's bend but don't break mentality is the wisest course of action in today's NFL. The problem is that people simply aren't making tackles. 9 times out of 10 Danieal Manning shouldn't even count as a defender against the run.

                        Nice to hear about Briggs if true too. I'll be interested in the numbers and if this makes him the highest paid player on the team. Tillman's deal is currently numero uno, and I personally doubt they would go much higher than that.
                        I don't either, but it'd be nice to have a big fatass run stuffer for obvious running downs and goal line stands.

                        ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Actually I don't have a problem with speed over size. I think Lovie's bend but don't break mentality is the wisest course of action in today's NFL. The problem is that people simply aren't making tackles. 9 times out of 10 Danieal Manning shouldn't even count as a defender against the run.

                          Nice to hear about Briggs if true too. I'll be interested in the numbers and if this makes him the highest paid player on the team. Tillman's deal is currently numero uno, and I personally doubt they would go much higher than that.
                          I don't argue with speed vs size emphasis but it appears sometimes that Lovie tends to disregard the influence of personnel on run defense. Game after game of giving up record numbers in rushing all we hear is that the players aren't executing his scheme properly rather than admitting that it was probably a bad idea to start Mark Anderson over Alex Brown.

                          Comment


                          • If this Briggs rumor is true, what do you guy guys think about replacing Hillenmeyer with Jamar Williams or Okwo? Jamar is a beast on ST and sure looks much more athletic than Hunter. I'm pretty sick of watching Hunter miss tackles.

                            Comment


                            • The thing about the Briggs rumor is it probably isn't true. It's PFT after all.

                              sig by VLS
                              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                              I don't care...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by k0ng View Post
                                If this Briggs rumor is true, what do you guy guys think about replacing Hillenmeyer with Jamar Williams or Okwo? Jamar is a beast on ST and sure looks much more athletic than Hunter. I'm pretty sick of watching Hunter miss tackles.
                                no... Hillenmeyer is so ******* underrated.

                                ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information