No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter is a solid SLB. He's not gonna put up Patrick Willis numbers but he does exactly what is expected off him and he matches up extrememly well with his size against TE's.

Comment

• I was going to say that I like bigger guys than Hillenmeyer to play SLB, but ChicagoBears.com lists him bigger than he looks @ 6-4, 238.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        I don't either, but it'd be nice to have a big fatass run stuffer for obvious running downs and goal line stands.
        Oh John Henderson...

I agree... If anything pick up some big boy in the late rounds, i'm sure they're'll be some fatass 350-360 monster dude available who we can groom into said run-stuffer

secondly, yes, hunter is WAY underrated. he's solid. and that's more than our entire DB corps can say.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• I hope Rex didn't tear his ACL again. Even if he did, there's no way we should draft a young QB and let him get killed behind that poor excuse we call an offensive line.

Comment

• Hopefully it is now Kyle Orton's time to show us what he's got...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• I liked what I saw from Garrett Wolfe today, he wasnt amazing, but he did a nice job blocking from what I saw, and did a nice job recieving out of the backfield. Him getting tackled is funny to watch just b/c the defender just wraps their arm around him and takes him to the ground.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                I liked what I saw from Garrett Wolfe today, he wasnt amazing, but he did a nice job blocking from what I saw, and did a nice job recieving out of the backfield. Him getting tackled is funny to watch just b/c the defender just wraps their arm around him and takes him to the ground.
                that's usually what happens in a tackle... what you should of said is that the defender smothers him to the ground... or envelops him to the ground.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                  that's usually what happens in a tackle... what you should of said is that the defender smothers him to the ground... or envelops him to the ground.
                  It was more the one arm takedown, kinda like if you wrestle your littler cousin or brother. Just funny to see it in the NFL

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                  who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Fred Miller should have continued to be benched.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Question for you Bears fans who might know, do you guys think you will resign Berrian in the offseason?? He is really starting to emerge as a standout wr and not just a deep threat, you guys do have Davis and Bradley, I wasnt sure if the organization felt they wanted to keep him or let him walk and give the younger guys a chance

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Question for you Bears fans who might know, do you guys think you will resign Berrian in the offseason?? He is really starting to emerge as a standout wr and not just a deep threat, you guys do have Davis and Bradley, I wasnt sure if the organization felt they wanted to keep him or let him walk and give the younger guys a chance
                        I think the only way the team doesn't franchise Berrian is if they are convinced that Hester is ready to start next year. I've been on the franchise Berrian bandwaggon since the draft.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          I think the only way the team doesn't franchise Berrian is if they are convinced that Hester is ready to start next year. I've been on the franchise Berrian bandwaggon since the draft.
                          With that being said, Hester looked like a more complete wr tonight, not just running fade patterns, and his hands are coming along...I think him and Bradley can be great athletic wrs just not as far along as Berrian is...of course franchising him is probably the smartest thing

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• obviously the coaches don't think too highly of Bradley since he's not getting any PT at all.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• I think I've all but given up hope on our coaches abilitity to utilize its weapons. Berrian I don't believe will go anywhere for the simple fact that he's the only wr that has shown consistency of some sort. Moose is a great blocker but lets face it. He's not getting any younger. Hester could emerge as a solid slot receiver but he's still way too raw. Bradley is getting d_cked. I know he's had injury concerns in the past but in all honesty the times we've depended on him the guy has done nothing but produced. I agree with Grossman that the guy needs to play more. I personally think if he can stop getting injured he'd be one hell of a 2nd receiver and deep threat with Berrian. The question is..can he stay healthy?

The more I watch this O-Line the more I want to puke. Terance Metcalf is trash. Watching him is like watching Fred Miller.

Griese's noodle arm is all but killing this offense. He has no juice on any of his balls which is why they've limited him to 5 yd slants and dumps.

Safety becomes more of a glaring need and DT depth is all but gone.

There will be a lot of upgrades needed for this team. As much as I want to say offensively we need some key positions, I can say the same thing for defense.

*sigh* what a rough day.

Comment

• There's nothing you can do when you have 4 quality DT's and they all get hurt. That's just bad luck. We absolutely need a safety that can tackle AND at least be decent in coverage. Mcgowan and D. Manning give little to nothing in run support and Arch looks like a lost puppy covering deep. Ruben Brown and Fred Miller need the axe. If we have the chance to bring in a quality LT either via free agency or the draft I feel that has to be the #1 priority, because that would move over Tait to RT which he would be better suited for. I wouldn't mind another early to mid round Guard in the draft like we did last year cause the guys we got just can't get a push. I would prefer go address QB via free agency, if we could get a qualty starter rather than through the draft cause i'm not high on any of these QB's helping us more than a OT would. Grossman has looked a lot better, not great but better. None of these Qb's would help out until probably year 2-3. I'm glad I fell asleep early I can't stand watching this team collapse and lose games we used to be able to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information