2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
    I would think that cornerback should be the last thing to worry about with Tillman and Vasher locked up long-term, even though Vasher's hurt now. As long as McBride and Graham can keep developing. McBride should make Manning Jr. expendable at nickelback.
    Defensive end may not be a problem either if Bazuin can come back and Anderson can adjust. They should draft or sign another D-Tackle.
    Personally, I think they would draft Kenny Phillips out of Miami to give them a ball-hawk at free safety and hope that Kevin Payne can become the starter. If Grossman comes back next year, I would hope that they would draft a tackle, either Clady or Baker. Or if Grossman is gone, another quarterback in Ryan or Woodson
    When you don't have a franchise quarterback, and you don't have a franchise left tackle, the audacity to take a safety with your first pick is far too unrealistic.

And I love the safety position, I think it's very underrated, especially in our scheme. But it's still a bit of a luxury considering our other needs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
      I would think that cornerback should be the last thing to worry about with Tillman and Vasher locked up long-term, even though Vasher's hurt now. As long as McBride and Graham can keep developing. McBride should make Manning Jr. expendable at nickelback.
      Defensive end may not be a problem either if Bazuin can come back and Anderson can adjust. They should draft or sign another D-Tackle.
      Personally, I think they would draft Kenny Phillips out of Miami to give them a ball-hawk at free safety and hope that Kevin Payne can become the starter. If Grossman comes back next year, I would hope that they would draft a tackle, either Clady or Baker. Or if Grossman is gone, another quarterback in Ryan or Woodson
      I will repeat, if we do draft Kenny Phillips, he would be SS for us as Manning is fine at FS.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• looks like I convinced you on Levelle Hawkins being around in the 3rd ;)

I think Jordy goes in that 2nd-3rd round range though... and no Jamar Adams in your 3rd round safeties?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
          I will repeat, if we do draft Kenny Phillips, he would be SS for us as Manning is fine at FS.
          I'm not so sure he's "fine". Based on what exactly?

Granted, I think he's less likely to be replaced, but his coverage skills aren't all that impressive and my grandma tackles better than he does.

Comment

looks like I convinced you on Levelle Hawkins being around in the 3rd ;)

I think Jordy goes in that 2nd-3rd round range though... and no Jamar Adams in your 3rd round safeties?
            I said that it was "maybe" unrealistic.

I have no idea where Jordy goes. Right now I've got him as a 3rd rounder, but he could jump if he times well. That's his biggest issue right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I'm not so sure he's "fine". Based on what exactly?

Granted, I think he's less likely to be replaced, but his coverage skills aren't all that impressive and my grandma tackles better than he does.
              fine as is he isn't causing this team to suck... Ask yourself, which is better, Manning at FS and Phillips at SS, OR Phillips at FS and Payne at SS...

Comment

• was skimming the sun-times article on Grossman today and pondering what we do if Grossman/Berrian/Brown/Briggs all leave. Certainly it's not impossible that is what occurs. I've been working under the assumption that we retool in an effort to keep our window ... but if we lose all those guys (particularly Berrian, as the other three have been talked about enough to be ready for it), the retooling process increases by a bit and does make me wonder if we would be better off trying to rebuild the window, rather than extend the window, particularly since we don't have a QB to anchor the current window around.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  was skimming the sun-times article on Grossman today and pondering what we do if Grossman/Berrian/Brown/Briggs all leave. Certainly it's not impossible that is what occurs. I've been working under the assumption that we retool in an effort to keep our window ... but if we lose all those guys (particularly Berrian, as the other three have been talked about enough to be ready for it), the retooling process increases by a bit and does make me wonder if we would be better off trying to rebuild the window, rather than extend the window, particularly since we don't have a QB to anchor the current window around.
                  Ah metaphors.....

The thing with retooling is that if we're going to do that it starts with Berrian and Briggs. They are the future of this team, among others.

That said, it seems pretty evident that we aren't going to be good next year no matter what, which is probably one reason I'm so willing to let Lovie slash his own throat.

Comment

fine as is he isn't causing this team to suck... Ask yourself, which is better, Manning at FS and Phillips at SS, OR Phillips at FS and Payne at SS...
                    I have no idea at this point, as Payne has hardly played. I'm not going to judge them based off of draft slot selection as it seems you're doing however.

Comment

• I personally hated the Payne pick and I don't think he will be anything more then a backup safety/special teamer.

I think John Wendling would have been a MUCH better pick.

Comment

• what do you guys think of signing Corey Williams in the offseason? Probably won't break the bank and would weaken the Pack a little. He can play both NT and UT I think and is a good penetrator for a guy his size, 6'4" and 315. He's got 7 sacks this season, so he would fit the type of pass rush DT we have been looking for to compliment Harris.

Comment

• what UFA DT's and Safeties are going to be out there the of this season? I think getting a DT would be a smart pick.

Comment

• I just said Corey Williams.

Comment

• We signed Jimmy Kennedy yesterday, I'm not expecting much but it's an interesting pickup considering his stock coming out of college.

Comment

• Seems like little Berrian wants to stay in the Windy City

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information