X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Renji View Post
    Seems like little Berrian wants to stay in the Windy City
    Where did you hear that?

Also does anyone know where I could find that logo of grossman with the F**k it im going deep. I hope someone knows what im talking about it was in one of the threads i just cant find it. I was thinking about making it a shirt! thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Ah metaphors.....

The thing with retooling is that if we're going to do that it starts with Berrian and Briggs. They are the future of this team, among others.

That said, it seems pretty evident that we aren't going to be good next year no matter what, which is probably one reason I'm so willing to let Lovie slash his own throat.
      I think this team can be pretty good next year. If we resign the right people, a couple of key FA acquisitions, a solid draft, and get our people healthy(Dusty, Mike Brown, Tommie Harris, and Urlacher mainly)...I think we could contend in the NFC again.

Health and the offensive line were our downfall this year.
      Last edited by k0ng; 12-14-2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Age, ****** tackling, poor coaching, bitchy attitudes, overrated talent, no quarterback play, bad depth, bad luck, injuries, a porous offensive line, a runningback that only tries half the time, terrible free agent signings, Danieal Manning, Adam Archuleta, a very tough schedule, the fact that we played a cream puff schedule last year, and many many other factors contributed to our downfall this year.

That said, I think we can make the playoffs next year due to equally poor quarterback play from everyone else in the division (this is of course banking that Favre either retires or returns to 2004,2005,2006 form).

Regardless, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd rather cut a ****-ton of veterans a and build a team that can compete for a Superbowl in 3-4 years than maintain a team that can win 9-10 games with a little luck.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I can't remember a time when an entire secondary was injured and playing back-ups like the Bears had for a stretch this season. Tillman came back, and helped win the Packers game (Chicagowned), but Vasher still hasn't returned.

Safeties, that's not so rare I guess, the Colts were playing their 5th and 6th safeties last year in Marlin Jackson (a corner moved out of necessity) and Dexter Reid (free agent off the street). Maybe that's inherent to the base Cover 2/Tampa 2 defense, because of how involved safeties are in tackling and responsibilities.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
            ... helped win the Packers game (Chicagowned)
            So are you a closet Bears fan?

Its cool. Im kind of a closet Colts fan. After the Superbowl when the pain (from stabbing myself in the eye repeatedly in response to Grossman throwing up that floater) slowly subsided, I was actually pretty happy to see Peyton and Dungy get rings.

Yeah when you ask safeties to play a much larger role in the box to tackle RBs their going to get worn down as the season goes on. Its a pity because Mike Brown's injury problems didn't surface until Lovie came to town. I was hoping that the rookie Kevin Payne, 220 lbs and former RB, might develop into a solid SS that we can rely on to stay upright throughout the season but he of course landed on IR.

Comment

• haha i hated the colts but seriously, compared to the Patriots, i love everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Age, ****** tackling, poor coaching, bitchy attitudes, overrated talent, no quarterback play, bad depth, bad luck, injuries, a porous offensive line, a runningback that only tries half the time, terrible free agent signings, Danieal Manning, Adam Archuleta, a very tough schedule, the fact that we played a cream puff schedule last year, and many many other factors contributed to our downfall this year.

That said, I think we can make the playoffs next year due to equally poor quarterback play from everyone else in the division (this is of course banking that Favre either retires or returns to 2004,2005,2006 form).

Regardless, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd rather cut a ****-ton of veterans a and build a team that can compete for a Superbowl in 3-4 years than maintain a team that can win 9-10 games with a little luck.
                Agreed.

Top of the list of cutting vets? Miller, Moose, Mike Brown, Metcalf... i can't think of anyone else that we'd drop... davis or bradley will probably hit the dirt too... which is sad, i'd rather have bradley, but knowing lovie and ron turner, it'll be davis that stays, where i think bradley is a more natural number 2 receiver... (and we still wouldn't have a go-to guy. period. but with the 'possible emergence of greg olsen' looming, clark, and peterson/wolfe out of the backfield (secondly notice that benson cannot catch the ball... (thirdly notice, no one else can catch the ball))... they might collectively compensate with a receiver by committee approach... who knows... maybe greg olsen will be a #1 receiver ala rivers and gates... or campbell and cooley... or croyle and gonzo (although the examples have been getting fuzzy this year)...

the point that remains is this...

left tackle. long armed ***** with a low center of gravity needs to be groomed and smartened up is our first priority. shift tait back right... let beekman, garza, and a healthy brown rotate in the middle... either way, it's gonna be a ***** to groom a left tackle since we need one now... either trade for one, pick one up in FA, or something. i don't feel like drafting one would be the best idea. i mean, as much as i can't think of an answer in the FA pool right now... it doesn't mean that it's a terrible idea to draft one, i mean sure, there's plenty of them i wouldn't mind... but Cherilus isn't one of them. i would not pick him and expect him to play LT. period. i would probably pick any of the top 5 guards to play LT... not jake long (not like we'd get him anyway), not sam baker... the only one i'd really pick is barry richardson... and even then, his pass protection skills are marginal at best, needs a year or two, but could still probably start LT... i still say max starks would be a good idea if we do stick with grossman... speed rushing isn't something that the NFCN does particuarly well (with the exception of mark anderson, who's still quicker than kampmann ), so, i'm not too worried that he's not the fastest LT in the league... and i mean. any time when you have a familiar left tackle who you've also spent 4 years with... who's a proven vet... i wouldn't be against reaching out and spending some money on him...

i sense a lt;dr coming in the future from everyone except bf who'll criticize me mercelessly... what is he not here for...

anyway.

i agree, we can still make the play offs next year... tavaris jackson isn't the answer for the vikes, and they have as many problems as we do, it's just less apparent because everyone's in awe of the expensive run-blocking line they have... the pack might not do well next year... but that's unlikely too... the lions... well... they have even more problems than the bears do... like a nearly dead john kitna... no backups... but they do have a ballhawking defense, that's for sure, but does that stop the run or pass? no... they're looking like a more fun version of the 90's cards... the only difference is is that the 90's cards weren't actually fun to watch sometimes...

if we have a healthier season next year... we'll be no worse than the 05 squad...

bf, who else would you cut for vets?
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• i wouldnt cut mike brown. He is injury prone, bu tgod he is soo good. the bears were like 8-1 last year with him and he did a good job against the Chargers too. He is an emotional leader and just needs to stay healthy

Comment

i wouldnt cut mike brown. He is injury prone, bu tgod he is soo good. the bears were like 8-1 last year with him and he did a good job against the Chargers too. He is an emotional leader and just needs to stay healthy
                    Problem is that he cant stay healthy. Yes he is one of the most loved players on the Bears, but if a guy cant stay healthy, there is no point in hoping to rely on him when in reality you cant.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• but he is a force. Bob Sanders is the same kind i think and he is a great player. U dont have to pay him that big money but keep him

Comment

• Mike Brown isn't even worth the roster spot that he takes up before the final cuts. He should retire. It's over.

Comment

but he is a force. Bob Sanders is the same kind i think and he is a great player. U dont have to pay him that big money but keep him
                          He is a force...when healthy. That is rare now-a-days. Like 51 said, he should retire. Its one injury after another with him.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• hmm...k
                            what is the bigger risk? Safety, OL, QB, RB with the first round pick?

Comment

• I'm not sure what you're asking, which position is the weakest or which is the position most risky to draft for?

I think the position we are weakest at is safety. That said, it's not as important as LT or QB, so I would put it 3rd on my priority list. Of the two between LT and QB, it would just depend on the value to me. If one of the top 3 quarterbacks is available I would bite, as the value drops off drastically after that. A good LT could potentially be found in the 2nd round and at worst we would have a good RT and have Tait and LT for another year.

Honestly, if we shored up the RT position that would help Tait as well, because we could put the TE or shift the runningback over to his side more often.

Runningback is probably a 4th concern to me, that or WR.

Comment

• I meant risky. Is there a lot of high risk high reward prospects out there? Is it better to go riskier sometimes than to go conservative? Im not really familiar with the draft prospects due to the fact that i cant watch any college games.

btw Bf51 if u had to choose between Jake Long and 1 of the 3 QBs...who?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information