2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
    Who are you more scared of the bears signing: Marvin Harrison or Joey Galloway?
    Galloway. Well......idk. I'd rather just not mess with both at all. Harrison could at least still catch some short stuff and run some decent routes. Galloway's whole career has been about using speed to get deep and he hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to do that for oh.....3-4 seasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      Who are you more scared of the bears signing: Marvin Harrison or Joey Galloway?
      Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Galloway. Well......idk. I'd rather just not mess with both at all. Harrison could at least still catch some short stuff and run some decent routes. Galloway's whole career has been about using speed to get deep and he hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to do that for oh.....3-4 seasons?
      3 out of the last 4 seasons he's gained 1k yards.

I could live with a Galloway signing. He's been productive with the exception of last season's injury plagued year. Prior to that he had three straight 1k yard seasons. Not bad for a non explosive TB offense. And he is a decent vet to have around.

WR - Hakeem Nicks
      WR - Devin Hester
      WR - Joey Galloway
      WR - Pat White?

Galloway isn't a big time difference maker, but he'd come cheap and is better than any of the trash Angelo brought in last year.

Harrison is definitely not coming here. He wants to revive his career and this is the last place to come to do that. He's from Philly, lives in Philly, and his former college QB is the QB of the Eagles. I'd be shocked if he didn't end up playing for the Eagles next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
        3 out of the last 4 seasons he's gained 1k yards.

I could live with a Galloway signing. He's been productive with the exception of last season's injury plagued year. Prior to that he had three straight 1k yard seasons. Not bad for a non explosive TB offense. And he is a decent vet to have around.

WR - Hakeem Nicks
        WR - Devin Hester
        WR - Joey Galloway
        WR - Pat White?

Galloway isn't a big time difference maker, but he'd come cheap and is better than any of the trash Angelo brought in last year.

Harrison is definitely not coming here. He wants to revive his career and this is the last place to come to do that. He's from Philly, lives in Philly, and his former college QB is the QB of the Eagles. I'd be shocked if he didn't end up playing for the Eagles next year.
        Oh, haha...just seems like it's been a while since Galloway was relevant.

And I'd love Hakeem Nicks. Perfect WR for us...

But Pat White will be taken long before I'd be willing to touch him. QB/receiver tweeners always seemed to get pushed up. (Matt Jones, Randel El, Isiah Stanbeck...etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          Oh, haha...just seems like it's been a while since Galloway was relevant.

And I'd love Hakeem Nicks. Perfect WR for us...

But Pat White will be taken long before I'd be willing to touch him. QB/receiver tweeners always seemed to get pushed up. (Matt Jones, Randel El, Isiah Stanbeck...etc.)
          Yeah, he's been kind of sneaky productive, haha. Those stats are pretty impressive. Especially considering the QB carousel Tampa has gone through recently under Gruden. Like I said though, if he comes cheap he's definitely better than any of the junk we brought in last year and wouldn't be a bad vet to have around. He would probably be a good guy for Hester to learn from.

I don't like Pat White as a QB either, but I like the intangibles and WR potential.

Comment

• Galloway has received special veteran treatment from Gruden in Tampa (practicing very limitedly), which is part of the reason he's been good for so long. I don't know if Lovie could make an exception like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
              Galloway has received special veteran treatment from Gruden in Tampa (practicing very limitedly), which is part of the reason he's been good for so long. I don't know if Lovie could make an exception like that.
              Lovie basically runs a health spa for veterans.

Comment

• I wouldn't count on Marvin Harrison to the Bears. So says Larry Mayer:

I don’t see the Bears trying to sign Marvin Harrison. I don’t want to take anything away from the former Colts star because he’s had a Hall of Fame career. But Harrison, who will turn 37 in August, clearly has lost a step. He didn’t appear to be the same player this past year, averaging a career-low 10.6 yards per reception while battling a knee injury. There are also character concerns related to a shooting last year in Philadelphia that involved a gun owned by Harrison. He was never charged for the incident, but given what occurred with Tank Johnson, I think that’s another reason why Harrison wouldn't be a good fit for the Bears.
                It also sounds like they are pretty set on giving Earl Bennett the first crack at the other WR spot and honestly, I totally welcome that. This team isn't a Superbowl winner. Let the young kids play.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• im kinda confused about them looking at Hester as a #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    im kinda confused about them looking at Hester as a #1.
                    Well, he's our #1...I doubt we can sign or draft anyone that would immediately be better.

But hopefully if we drafted a Nicks or Britt, they'd be the "#1" in a season or two and Hester could play 2nd fiddle.

Comment

• yea but they are saying: we are looking for a #2 next to Hester, as if Hester is a #1 WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        im kinda confused about them looking at Hester as a #1.
                        Well they could be lowering expectations. If they say "We desparately need a #1 WR this offseason" and then strike out on any decent FA's and end up with a developmental rookie it's going to be hard for them to pretend they're confident in the current roster.

This way if they come up short, they can just write up fluff pieces about how excited they are about Bennett taking the number two spot. Oh wait...they're already doing that. Echoes of Bradley being the number one last year.

Remember that Ron Turner talked about needing an offensive weapon before Tait announced his retirement. OT is probably highest priority now and since FA pool is weak, they're probably expecting no better than a project WR who won't see much playing time. I could be wrong.

Comment

• I'm interested in seeing if the Bears go after either Dockery or Brandon Moore.

Moore has a reputation for being good in the run game & he's a local product. Went to Illinois.. Grew up in the wonderful neighborhood that is Gary, Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                            I'm interested in seeing if the Bears go after either Dockery or Brandon Moore.

Moore has a reputation for being good in the run game & he's a local product. Went to Illinois.. Grew up in the wonderful neighborhood that is Gary, Indiana.
                            I think they should get a look see.

Comment

• I really wanted Bernard Scott, RB, Abilene Christian, in rounds 6-7, but he definitely raised his stock after the combine.

*edit* damn it, thought this was the draft topic
                              Last edited by shady00; 02-27-2009, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Ok the Score guys were saying the Bears signed somebody but I had to go into the office before i could find out who... I can't find anything about it online but one of you are bound to know... hook a brotha up.
                                "Baby, I'm going to sine your pitty on the runny kine!"
                                ~Pootie Tang

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information