2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    I doubt Melton even sees the field next year, and I'm a big fan of his. This is likely a 2-3 year project, which works fine since either O-Gun or Mark Anderson, or both, will be leaving next year.
    I just listened to the Melton interview on chicagobears.com and reporters asked him if he was going to be a short yard back, he laughed and said that it hasn't been brought up, but he would like to punch a few in.

I don't think Melton will play very much his first year, either, but O-Gun has struggled staying healthy and if Anderson plays like he did last year I hope he gets used to the bench.

Some notes from the Lovie interview:

- D.J. Moore, Johnny Knox, & Iglesias have stood out.
    - Not real sure where Lance Louis will play.
    - Cutler & Hester are both at the practices, watching, working out.
    Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL; 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Three teams were interested in the Bears' 49th pick. One was offering a 2010 first-round pick straight up. The Bears were ready to do the deal. But then the player the other team wanted was taken by someone else. Deal off.
      **** my life!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
        **** my life!
        Agreed. I like Gilbert, a lot, but I can live without him and Melton, for a 2010 first rounder.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
          Agreed. I like Gilbert, a lot, but I can live without him and Melton, for a 2010 first rounder.
          I would actually prefer Gilbert and Melton now rather than a first next year. That way they will already have a year of experience under their belts coming into next season. Either situation is win/win, though.

Comment

• Next year's draft is ******* stacked. I would have taken any 1st rounder, even the Patriots.

I love me some Cutler, but it's going to suck to miss out on the 1st round next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Three teams were interested in the Bears' 49th pick. One was offering a 2010 first-round pick straight up. The Bears were ready to do the deal. But then the player the other team wanted was taken by someone else. Deal off.

**** my life!
              Is there a source with that quote?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                I doubt Melton even sees the field next year, and I'm a big fan of his. This is likely a 2-3 year project, which works fine since either O-Gun or Mark Anderson, or both, will be leaving next year.
                Your probably right, but being drafted in a 4-3 he is in a good spot to end up a steal, some 3-4 teams started looking at him after his crazy workout numbers but he doesn't need to do any more position changing.

A few years of good coaching I definately think he'll grow into a very solid DE...If he didn't waste those earlier years at RB he would of been alot further along as far as technique is concerned.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 85BearFan View Post
                  http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7423124.column

sorry forgot it with original post

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure Bust is diabolical enough to create a fake quote just start a discussion.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with wanting to know who the source was, whether or not it's worth putting stock in. In this case, I would think yes.

Plus it should have been included in the first place, but like BKL said, it slipped his mind at the time.

No big.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Nothing wrong with wanting to know who the source was, whether or not it's worth putting stock in. In this case, I would think yes.

Plus it should have been included in the first place, but like BKL said, it slipped his mind at the time.

No big.
                        I was mainly joking and being sarcastic. I meant no harm when I said it.

Comment

thanks man, good stuff

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                          Yeah, I'm sure Bust is diabolical enough to create a fake quote just start a discussion.
                          haha, nah...I was just lazy and underestimated the power of google at first. I found it after a few tries though.

I wonder when/what teams would have given that future 1st and for who. It had to be obviously sometime after Robiskie got picked. That team wanted Barwin perhaps? Oh well, I was very high on Gilbert (thought he was worth 49, @ 68 was gravy) so I'm still very pleased with the outcome.
                          Last edited by 85BearFan; 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009..._to_safet.html

It seems Corey Graham may be moving to FS. Interesting.

SS - Payne
                            FS - Graham
                            CB1 - Tillman
                            CB2 - Vasher
                            CB3 - Manning (played well @ nickel)

If Vasher returns to form.. That is not too bad. I like Graham. He's tough and is a pretty good athlete.

Our secondary will depend on the DL as usual. Marinelli needs to work his magic, big time.

Who is going to get cut? Could Steltz be out already?

Comment

thanks man, good stuff

haha, nah...I was just lazy and underestimated the power of google at first. I found it after a few tries though.
                              two things you should never do, be a bears fan and underestimate the power of google.

On Andrew Luck
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009..._to_safet.html

It seems Corey Graham may be moving to FS. Interesting.

SS - Payne
                                FS - Graham
                                CB1 - Tillman
                                CB2 - Vasher
                                CB3 - Manning (played well @ nickel)

If Vasher returns to form.. That is not too bad. I like Graham. He's tough and is a pretty good athlete.

Our secondary will depend on the DL as usual. Marinelli needs to work his magic, big time.

Who is going to get cut? Could Steltz be out already?
                                I'd be a little upset if we cut Steltz already after the big deal we made about him after drafting him when JA said he views him as a potential starter.

It doesn't really hurt that we passed on JDB now obviously, but that was the reasoning back then as to why we went Steltz....

And I still haven't seen why he's so bad. He was a rookie last year....if every team cut every rookie who didn't play perfectly we'd have no rookies left.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information