2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    I'd be a little upset if we cut Steltz already after the big deal we made about him after drafting him when JA said he views him as a potential starter.

It doesn't really hurt that we passed on JDB now obviously, but that was the reasoning back then as to why we went Steltz....

And I still haven't seen why he's so bad. He was a rookie last year....if every team cut every rookie who didn't play perfectly we'd have no rookies left.
    JA isn't that stupid. I mean, he has momentary lapses of judgment that last for a few years... but Steltz is new. He's gonna find his niche and at least be competitive in the S position. Not every rookie comes out and demolishes their first year.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
      JA isn't that stupid. I mean, he has momentary lapses of judgment that last for a few years... but Steltz is new. He's gonna find his niche and at least be competitive in the S position. Not every rookie comes out and demolishes their first year.
      Didn't I....sort of just say those same things basically? lol...

I don't want to see Steltz cut....4th rounders aren't quite throw away picks.

Comment

• I'm not really sure what we saw in Steltz in the first place that convinced us he could be a starter. He doesn't have good range or coverage ability and plays small in the running game. I suppose he is supposed to have good instincts but I haven't seen it. I could see him contributing on ST this year but once again, where's the starter potential. It's weird too, because our Southern scout is usually spot on with DBs.

Comment

• hey, he was one of the guys that saved us from losing to the Lions, im still grateful for that

Comment

• Steltz isn't getting cut

Comment

• If any of our DBs get cut, it will probably be McBride or Bowman. I do want to see Bowman succeed, he showed some promise in the one game against the Vikings. He could succeed at free safety or cornerback. The biggest problem with him is staying healthy. I doubt that Bowman will get cut this year. I can't see McBride succeeding in our scheme with his size. He did better than most 7th round picks, but I can't see him succeeding in our scheme with his size and ball skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                Didn't I....sort of just say those same things basically? lol...

I don't want to see Steltz cut....4th rounders aren't quite throw away picks.
                you did.
                i'm just agreeing with you, gathering consensus that, hey. not every player ends up like mark anderson who destroys for like a 16 game span and is never seen again. and thank god, because long term players in the safety are much cheaper than new prospects.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• i was wondering

Amani Toomer anyone? cause apparently we gave him a call

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...und-the-League

i like it. he could be the WR mentor veteran that this corp is lacking

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                    i was wondering

Amani Toomer anyone? cause apparently we gave him a call

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...und-the-League

i like it. he could be the WR mentor veteran that this corp is lacking
                    As long as it's a cheapie deal and he competes like anyone else would, I wouldn't mind it.

Comment

• I'd welcome Amani. We need to add a veteran with all our young receivers.

Comment

• We are close to signing TE Michael Gaines. Apparently we are looking at him as a FB. He's 6'4" 277. He's always been more of a blocking oriented player, but he can catch.

I'm guessing that Lance Louis isn't looking good at either TE or FB like we had hoped.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Would we consider taking Surrency in the supp draft? I would consider a 7th for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            Would we consider taking Surrency in the supp draft? I would consider a 7th for him.
                            I'd definitely would like to see that. He's a big target with some skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                              I'd definitely would like to see that. He's a big target with some skills.
                              We could just put him on the IR for a season or 2 so no one snatchs him off the PS.

Comment

• So what are going to be our positional battles in training camp? My guesses.

SLB: Nick Roach vs Hunter Hillenmeyer. Not sure about this one. I think Hunter will win it back.

RE: Alex Brown vs Mark Anderson. Dont see this actually being a battle.

LE: Adewale Ogunleye vs Jarron Gilbert vs Henry Melton. Ogun will likely win but I would like to see Gilbert get some reps here.

NT: Anthony Adams vs Dusty Dvoracek vs Marcus Harrison. I hope Harrison can with this battle.

#2 CB: Nathan Vasher vs Corey Graham. I think Vasher will win this if they are considering Graham at FS.

FS: Craig Steltz vs Corey Graham vs Josh Bullocks. If Graham is giving a real opportunity at FS I think he would win it but I think Steltz will be our starter here.

#2 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis. I think Earl will take this.

#3 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis vs Johnny Knox. I think Rashied Davis will be our #3 but Iglesias could beat him out sooner then later.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information