2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    So what are going to be our positional battles in training camp? My guesses.

SLB: Nick Roach vs Hunter Hillenmeyer. Not sure about this one. I think Hunter will win it back.
    Hillenmeyer will likely be given every shot to win it (With Roach and Freeman vying for the spot). If he doesn't impress, good chance he'll be cut.

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    RE: Alex Brown vs Mark Anderson. Dont see this actually being a battle.
    Why is this even listed? Brown's job is as close to the safest on the whole team, especially considering he was our best starter on the DLine last year.

LE: Adewale Ogunleye vs Jarron Gilbert vs Henry Melton. Ogun will likely win but I would like to see Gilbert get some reps here.
    If anything, this is where Anderson would compete, but that won't be the case either. The only time Gilbert might possibly play DE in our scheme is in a goalline situation, but I doubt that. And Melton will not be expected to contribute anytime soon. Idonije will probably be the main backup for Ogunleye.

NT: Anthony Adams vs Dusty Dvoracek vs Marcus Harrison. I hope Harrison can with this battle.
    I think DD is all but gone right now. Odds are we'll see a lot of Adams on 1st and 2nd down, and Harrison on 3rd and mid-long. With Gilbert to backup and give Harris breaks, Harrison can focus on NT.

#2 CB: Nathan Vasher vs Corey Graham. I think Vasher will win this if they are considering Graham at FS.
    Considering he's our 2nd or 3rd best corner right now, I doubt we see a move of Graham to FS. Vasher will likely be given every shot to start, but if he sucks again, we're gonna want Graham to be prepared and not have to switch back and forth from 2 different positions.

FS: Craig Steltz vs Corey Graham vs Josh Bullocks. If Graham is giving a real opportunity at FS I think he would win it but I think Steltz will be our starter here.
    I think it's mainly just Steltz and Bullocks here, and I think Bullocks will win this one easy. Bullocks, in a zone scheme again, could thrive.

#2 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis. I think Earl will take this.

#3 WR: Earl Bennett vs Juaquin Iglesias vs Rashied Davis vs Johnny Knox. I think Rashied Davis will be our #3 but Iglesias could beat him out sooner then later.
    I think we'll see Iglesias as the starter with Bennett in the slot. However, we could see a lot of Olsen split out as the 2nd receiver with Bennett at slot. Iglesias just makes more sense as the no. 2 as he makes a better compliment to Hester and profiles more as a Marty/Moose type. Davis will likely be the 4 or 5, and while I really like Knox, he's probably gonna need at least 2 years to develop. However, I could see Knox having a great preseason and will push for a job.

However, I think Olsen will be listed as a TE, but in all reality, he'll be the 2nd WR. Right now, I can't think of a better option. Have him as the no. 2 with Clark at TE.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Olsen wont be playing WR. He will occasionally split out wide though. I think Bennett will be our #2 move to slot for Davis/Iglesias.

Comment

• I think Bennett can start at #2 and Iglesias can start off in the slot. With Iglesias' skill set right now, I think he will do well in the slot. He can find holes in the defense and he runs well after the catch. I think down the road, Knox can surprise people. Both Iglesias and Knox need to improve their strength in order to be effective receivers.
        For defensive end, the starters should remain the same. It wouldn't surprise me if Anderson ends up getting cut or traded during the preseason.
        I think Bullocks has the athletic ability to be a good safety, but I'm not expecting any miracles out of him. If Vasher can't cut it, at least Graham showed that he can be a good starter. Moore could also make some plays next year.

Comment

• are there any news about Kinder?

Comment

• ill cry tears of joy if we sign marshall next FA

Comment

• If we don't make the playoffs this year, my dream scenario would be Shanny as their new HC and he brings in Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                If we don't make the playoffs this year, my dream scenario would be Shanny as their new HC and he brings in Marshall.
                So we.....recreate the recent Bronco's teams that couldn't play defense and broke down late in the season?

Also, iirc, Marshall is one more slip on a McDonald's bag away from a year long suspension. He'll get more money somewhere else that I'd give him here with his character concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  So we.....recreate the recent Bronco's teams that couldn't play defense and broke down late in the season?

Also, iirc, Marshall is one more slip on a McDonald's bag away from a year long suspension. He'll get more money somewhere else that I'd give him here with his character concerns.
                  You got Shanny with complete control over the O, and you have JA with complete control over player personal on the D. You hire some badass DC to have complete control over the D play calling wise.

I'm telling ya, we could make it work!

Comment

• I have a feeling that if we tank to the point of firings, Lovie and JA are going to both go.

And I doubt Shanny goes to any team that doesn't give him full control. A two time superbowl champ like him is going to have suitors lining up for miles depending on some teams fair next year. (Washington? Dallas?)

Comment

• Shanahan for OC would blow my mind :o

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                        Shanahan for OC would blow my mind :o
                        Having anyone not named Ron Turner as your OC should get you guys excited

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Having anyone not named Ron Turner as your OC should get you guys excited
                          unless its Mike Martz

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                            Shanahan for OC would blow my mind :o
                            <.00000000000000000000001% chance of that ever happening. HC or bust for him.

Comment

• I still haven't stomached the fact the Bears got Cutlerz. I love you guys. I will be posting in here more often, so deal with it! :D
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                <.00000000000000000000001% chance of that ever happening. HC or bust for him.
                                HC/GM or bust.
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information