Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    HC/GM or bust.
    True, very true. I think he might consider a position if he isn't the true GM but has final say.......for example if Washington wanted him after the season but wanted to keep Cerrato around or something. (Not sure his title is actually GM though...)

Comment

• If we tank, JA could be gone with Lovie, but I'm not so sure. If we have a repeat of 08, than I think JA stays for sure. He's a had a great offseason for sure, now it's up to the coaches and players.

My dream scenario if this were to happen:

Shannahan with complete control over the O and shared GM responsibilities (aka he gets to pick the O players he wants, but JA has the final say if we go D or O).

We hire a solid vet to be the DC and basically have complete controll over all defensive play calling and schemes, preferably a 4-3 Blitz Heavy Scheme similar to Jimmy Johnson.

JA as the GM with final say but works with Shanny.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        If we tank, JA could be gone with Lovie, but I'm not so sure. If we have a repeat of 08, than I think JA stays for sure. He's a had a great offseason for sure, now it's up to the coaches and players.

My dream scenario if this were to happen:

Shannahan with complete control over the O and shared GM responsibilities (aka he gets to pick the O players he wants, but JA has the final say if we go D or O).

We hire a solid vet to be the DC and basically have complete controll over all defensive play calling and schemes, preferably a 4-3 Blitz Heavy Scheme similar to Jimmy Johnson.

JA as the GM with final say but works with Shanny.
        We dont have the LBs for a blitz happy scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
          We dont have the LBs for a blitz happy scheme.
          Correction, we don't have the SAM!

Briggs probably more so would fit as the MIKE and Lach would have to move out to WILL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            Correction, we don't have the SAM!

Briggs probably more so would fit as the MIKE and Lach would have to move out to WILL.
            Briggs and Urlacher are sub par at best as blitzers.

Comment

• What was that quote used here a while back?

Something like.....Briggs was handcrafted by god as the perfect cover 2 WILL.

Yeah....not a blitzer.

Comment

• I'm not the biggest fan of Turner but he gets way too much blame amongst the Bear fan base. Do you know how hard it is to design an offense without having a legit QB? Granted the run game has usually been pretty good but last year we had a game manager type QB, no offensive line, and a very bad WR core. How is Turner supposed to do anything with that to work with?

I'm anxious to see how he does now that he's got a weapon in Cutler, Forte will hopefully be better, our OL is upgraded, and I think even though our WR's aren't that great they will be better as well this year.

Lets see how Turner does with some flexibility in the passing game. If he does not do well I'm on board with those who want him canned but I'm willing to give him a chance now that he has something to work with.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• perfect situation would be of JA and Shanny are both there. With JA with the final call.

I really like that concept, if the defense doesn't pick it up. Not saying it won't (because, i think it definitely, definitely could), but, if worse does come do worse. we go 7-9... i think Lovie is gonna be on the hot seat.
                  http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                  For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• yea i think most of the Turner statements are just jokes anyways.

Comment

• Our O has been able to score points. Its never pretty and not always consistent but even last season we were 15th in scoring.

Comment

• and also second in turnovers and one of the best special teams. Im not completely a Turner hater, but usually the only good drive we have is the first one of the game. I dunno who is to blame for that.
                        hm. looks like i need a sig...

Comment

• I would love to see a stat for 3 and outs. That is my biggest problem with Turner. His play calling is very predictable, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                            I would love to see a stat for 3 and outs. That is my biggest problem with Turner. His play calling is very predictable, IMO.
                            When you have mediocre QB's it's pretty hard to be creative in your play calls.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Turner's problems have been inconsistency and trying to get too cute at times. However, I don't feel like going into detail about it.

Comment

• u gotta say though, when Grossman was on like the first 5 weeks 2 years ago, the playcalling was nice.

but for the love of god stop calling FB Dives

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information