2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
    u gotta say though, when Grossman was on like the first 5 weeks 2 years ago, the playcalling was nice.

but for the love of god stop calling FB Dives
    The play calling was always fine (other than the FB dives) it was the exacuation that was sub-par.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      The play calling was always fine (other than the FB dives) it was the exacuation that was sub-par.
      ^^

I can't agree more. But, the preparation looks sloppy, the playcalling looks sloppy, even if it works.. And that you HAVE to put on the OC.

/smack /smack /smack.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        When you have mediocre QB's it's pretty hard to be creative in your play calls.
        You don't have to be creative to not be predictable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
          You don't have to be creative to not be predictable.
          There are a lot of plays they cant call because Orton doesnt have to ability to make the throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            There are a lot of plays they cant call because Orton doesnt have to ability to make the throw.
            I'm not dedicating another post towards Orton ever again. So, I'm not going to argue this.

I'm just glad we don't have to worry about this anymore.

Turner has one year to prove his worth. The more I think about this coaching staff - I think it's playoffs or BUST.

Comment

• mhm the Bears Kickoff return team was still ranked 5th in the league. kinda surprised

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                mhm the Bears Kickoff return team was still ranked 5th in the league. kinda surprised
                Our special teams has always been a great unit. I think losing Ayanbadejo hurt us last year, clearly, but hopefully Toub will be able to find another special teams demon to open up holes in front of Hester/Manning/Knox/whoever else for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevePerry
                  Holmgren is already angling for the Bears job.

It is definitely playoffs or bust for Lovie with all the coaches that will be available next year.

Holmgren, Shanny, Chin, etc..
                  I doubt we'd ever give any of them enough money to come here.

Comment

• Lovie is the highest paid coach in the league right now.

and who is chin?
                    hm. looks like i need a sig...

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                      I doubt we'd ever give any of them enough money to come here.
                      Lovie is getting paid quite a bit and has finished last in the division as many times as he has won the division.

2 playoff appearances, two last place finishes, and a 2nd place finish.

If he misses the playoffs again this year he'd be 2/6.

and who is chin?

Comment

• Originally posted by StevePerry
                        Holmgren is already angling for the Bears job.

It is definitely playoffs or bust for Lovie with all the coaches that will be available next year.

Holmgren, Shanny, Chin, etc..
                        I think Shanny would be the only realistic one, especially if we kept JA. I think we're about as far as possible away from being able to run a 3-4, so chin is out, and I'd rather dislike having him anyway......I think he was a bit overrated having been in Steelers territory my whole life.

Holmgren....ehhhh....I doubt he'd go to the Packers biggest rival. He has a street named after him in GB for winning them that Superbowl. Where/how has he already been "angling" for the job?

Comment

• Right but correct me if Im wrong, I think you have to take into account we would have to keep paying Lovie for the last year on his contract (which like you said will be pretty high) along with paying the new coach at a pretty lucrative deal to out bid teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.

Holmgren, Shanny, and Gruden are all known to like Cutler so that could change things.

Comment

• http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...ler_to_be.html

"We played against Jay in Denver, it may have been his first start,'' Holmgren said. "He was a little wild, but he has really good ability. He can really throw it. And I didn't begin to comment on how he's developed and things like that because, but he went to the Pro Bowl. And he's a young quarterback. And I know this, those guys are hard to find. They really are.

"If you have one then you have to cultivate it and build up a trust and ride that horse all the way. And it surprised me a little bit, to be honest. I think it's a wonderful thing for the Bears. I think the Bears have always been a difficult team to play, and their defense has always been very, very strong. And they've always had some question marks over the years at quarterback, and this seems to have solved that problem.I expect it to be a very good thing for Chicago."
                            I'm assuming Perry knows a little more, but those quotes were from a radio appearance in Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                              http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...ler_to_be.html

I'm assuming Perry knows a little more, but those quotes were from a radio appearance in Chicago.
                              That doesn't look like Holmgren is angling for the job....lots of people have been pimping out Cutler's abilities. (Many detractors too of course....)

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                                Right but correct me if Im wrong, I think you have to take into account we would have to keep paying Lovie for the last year on his contract (which like you said will be pretty high) along with paying the new coach at a pretty lucrative deal to out bid teams like the Redskins and Cowboys.

Holmgren, Shanny, and Gruden are all known to like Cutler so that could change things.
                                I think Shanny would without a doubt take a pay cut to come to his hometown and reunite with Cutler. Also, Holmgren is really getting up there in age, he doesn't have a few years to take off and isn't a long term solution. That leads me to believe that it wouldn't be a big time lucrative deal.

I've never been a huge fan of Gruden.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information