Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I agree with you, BB. Not a big fan of Edwards, a quarterback needs a wide receiver he can trust. Although if Edwards could get over his constant drops, he could be pretty darn good.

    Boldin's been a bit banged up the last few seasons though, or at least it seems that way.
    I'm telling ya, if Marshall stays out of trouble this year, there's a good chance we could see him in Chicago. Anyone who watched Bronco games know how good of a connection Marshall and Cutler had, and why would you not try and reunite that in Chicago? However, he is a big ? to stay out of trouble.

    Also, odds of that happening increase if we miss the playoffs, Lovie gets canned, and Shanny becomes our new HC.

    As for Boldin, I love him, but he's going to be on the wrong side of 30 soon and his body has taken quite the beating, and now he wants a new big deal. I remember I was all for trying to get Boldin before, but I think his health risks are too great of a concern to give up too much for him. As for Edwards, if he can get his drops under control, he's got as much potential as any receiver in this league.

    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

    Comment


    • Anyone who hasn't already should go vote for the NFC North in the NFL main section poll...it's the division all-star team championship game and I truly think the NFC North team is better than the AFC North which features a weaker offense imo and an aging portion of the defense, as well as weaker corners.

      Comment


      • http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=4179090

        Turner talks
        hm. looks like i need a sig...

        Comment


        • Comparing Anquan versus Braylon is truly laughable. The guy has always been a clear stud in the league. I think both Boldin and Fitz create matchup problems for each other. I don't think it is swayed both ways. If Boldin could stay healthy for a full season we'd see him doing much more than we've already seen. He could easily go to another team and make it to the Pro-Bowl. Braylon is good but not great. Lets not forget he had Kellen Winslow so what does this say about him?

          Comment


          • Per PFT we're going to bring in Pisa for a visit, likely as more competition for Hunter and Roach at SAM. Probably would backup the WILL spot too should something happen to Briggs.....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Per PFT we're going to bring in Pisa for a visit, likely as more competition for Hunter and Roach at SAM. Probably would backup the WILL spot too should something happen to Briggs.....
              http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...on_pisa_t.html

              Here's a little extra on that. I'm all for this personally. I'm hoping they can convert Freeman to a SAM but Pisa will not be a bad addition given our mediocre performance from the SAM position.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...on_pisa_t.html

                Here's a little extra on that. I'm all for this personally. I'm hoping they can convert Freeman to a SAM but Pisa will not be a bad addition given our mediocre performance from the SAM position.
                Links bad.

                Comment


                • Pisa is a good fit at MIKE for us. He'll likely be Lach's backup and a special teamer, if we bring him in.

                  ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    Pisa is a good fit at MIKE for us. He'll likely be Lach's backup and a special teamer, if we bring him in.
                    With the amount of interest he's generating, he'll probably be looking for somewhere he can start. I read that his best years were when he was playing SLB for Lovie and Babich so Id have to assume if we signed him he'd probably be handed the SLB spot. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the Archuletta experiment all over again.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                      With the amount of interest he's generating, he'll probably be looking for somewhere he can start. I read that his best years were when he was playing SLB for Lovie and Babich so Id have to assume if we signed him he'd probably be handed the SLB spot. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the Archuletta experiment all over again.
                      I didnt even think about at the Lovie connection. If he has been successful in the tampa 2 in the past as SLB I think we definitely go after him. We have the cap room to do it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                        http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...on_pisa_t.html

                        Here's a little extra on that. I'm all for this personally. I'm hoping they can convert Freeman to a SAM but Pisa will not be a bad addition given our mediocre performance from the SAM position.
                        Just going to add this: Freeman was better in college as a WILL and I don't see him becoming a great SAM in the NFL. He might become a great WILL, maybe even a MIKE in our system, but I don't see him as a SAM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                          I didnt even think about at the Lovie connection. If he has been successful in the tampa 2 in the past as SLB I think we definitely go after him. We have the cap room to do it.
                          They spent only one year together, 2003. But in that year, Tinoisamoa had the most interceptions (3) in any single season of his career to this point. So there is that.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                          Comment


                          • http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...052109.article

                            Whelp, Graham is now a FS. Sounds permanent too.

                            Comment


                            • wasnt he like the 2nd best CB last year? i dont quite understand

                              also apparently we interviewed Rob Hood
                              Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...052109.article

                                Whelp, Graham is now a FS. Sounds permanent too.
                                Yeah, I don't get this. If Vasher blows again, we have to replace him with either a rookie in Moore, or a mediocre backup in McBride. Graham should have definitely stayed at CB and be the main backup at both CB spots.

                                ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information