Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i dont think McBride is mediocre but definitely not someone id trust 100%

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...052109.article

      Whelp, Graham is now a FS. Sounds permanent too.
      I think this is a great move. He played some FS in college. He's a willing hitter and tackler. Will have great speed for a FS.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        Yeah, I don't get this. If Vasher blows again, we have to replace him with either a rookie in Moore, or a mediocre backup in McBride. Graham should have definitely stayed at CB and be the main backup at both CB spots.
        Id prefer our best players start rather than play backup. He could always move back to CB if something happens.

        Comment


        • I like Graham at FS. As long as he can cover the deep zones, we should be alright. If anything happens to Vasher, Moore should be able to step in. I think Bowman can have a niche on the team, as long as he can stay healthy, even though that's a pretty big 'if'.

          Comment


          • Let me know if these work.

            http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...on_pisa_t.html

            http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bsep20.article

            Comment


            • Apparently Pisa had a really good meeting with the Bears staff and the Patriots are likely out of the hunt. It's looking really good for us.

              Also, Matt Jones won't be suspended this year. I wouldn't mind signing him if we can work in something where he has to pass a drug test every week.

              ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                Apparently Pisa had a really good meeting with the Bears staff and the Patriots are likely out of the hunt. It's looking really good for us.

                Also, Matt Jones won't be suspended this year. I wouldn't mind signing him if we can work in something where he has to pass a drug test every week.
                Interesting note about Jones. He's been pretty much a bust up until this point, but I wonder if Cutler could make him work here in Chicago.

                One thing that jumped out to me about Jones is he moves the chains. If I am looking at this right he caught 47 passes for first downs. That is a pretty nice number, especially in that Jacksonville offense which wasn't pretty to watch.

                If Angelo can look past him being clearly a dope head he is a decent fit, IMO. I am a bit worried about the red zone offense. I understand that Forte & Olsen can create mismatches while in the redzone, but a 6'6" target at receiver could really help out down there.

                It could work out, IMO. His skill set fits, but the guy is an idiot clearly.

                Also, could he be looked at as a possible wildcat guy?

                I was not a huge Jones guy coming out of the draft, but he is gifted and could fit well.. I'm curious to hear what others have to say about this one.

                Comment


                • Eh. If he signs a one year vet minimum prove it deal and maybe beats out Rashied then fine.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Eh. If he signs a one year vet minimum prove it deal and maybe beats out Rashied then fine.
                    Like I said, mandatory drug tests every week. He fails one, boom, he's gone.

                    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                      Interesting note about Jones. He's been pretty much a bust up until this point, but I wonder if Cutler could make him work here in Chicago.

                      One thing that jumped out to me about Jones is he moves the chains. If I am looking at this right he caught 47 passes for first downs. That is a pretty nice number, especially in that Jacksonville offense which wasn't pretty to watch.

                      If Angelo can look past him being clearly a dope head he is a decent fit, IMO. I am a bit worried about the red zone offense. I understand that Forte & Olsen can create mismatches while in the redzone, but a 6'6" target at receiver could really help out down there.

                      It could work out, IMO. His skill set fits, but the guy is an idiot clearly.

                      Also, could he be looked at as a possible wildcat guy?

                      I was not a huge Jones guy coming out of the draft, but he is gifted and could fit well.. I'm curious to hear what others have to say about this one.
                      I wouldnt call Jones a bust since he was the #1 WR in Jacksonville. Not bad for an ex-QB. He's entering his prime.

                      Comment


                      • i like him as a receiver but his idiocy leads me to believe that Angelo wont touch him.
                        Bears fan

                        Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


                        In Tyler We Trust

                        Welcome to Project Mayhem

                        This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

                        Comment


                        • Busy day today. Pisa is signed, we extended Idonije through 2011, and we have 7 of our 9 draft picks signed (only Gilbert and Iglesias remain unsigned).

                          http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...with_pisa.html

                          This has been a f'n great offseason by JA. Even if miss the playoffs, I think JA will be safe because of how good of an offseason this has been.

                          ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                          Comment


                          • I like the Pisa signing.

                            Comment


                            • Finally...someone to unseat HH. I hope Pisa shines with flying colors. I love this signing and I think Pisa could do very well here in Chicago. Depth at LB was greatly needed and now Freeman and Pisa can add to the mix. Now if we can solidify some Safeties who are worth a damn.

                              Comment


                              • I cannot wait for the season to start..

                                I think a lot of this season will come down to the play of Orlando Pace.. If we can get a motivated Pace to get physical in the run game while getting his pass protection from last year.. Man things are going to look pretty.

                                LT - Pace
                                LG - Omiyale
                                C - Kreutz
                                RG - Garza
                                RT - Williams

                                I still can't get over the fact our OL is going to look like that next year.. That is beautiful work by JA.

                                I don't even think if Pace has to sit a few games it would hurt all that much with the depth and versatility we have now.

                                I am also kind of excited about Kevin Jones.. Last year he clearly wasn't 100%. But, now that he is fully rehabbed and 100% he should produce plenty behind Forte.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information