No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if anyone heard but the reports from Bears workouts were that Urlacher was conditioning wise one of the best looking players out there.

I think he may be a little pissed off at being called out for his play this past season. ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• It's from David Haugh's front page article on the Tribune website, I'm too lazy to get a link. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-want-burress/

Looks like some of our players (particularly Hester and Clark mentioned there) really want the team to go after Plaxico.

Originally, I was very against it, but from the sounds of things in there, Plax is ready to play and if his trial date is after the 2009 season is done, he would be a great 1 year mercenary for some team.

1 year, pay him what it takes, and I think he'd be a great fit for us. He really has been a great weapon in both of his previous stops and has done wonders for Ben and Eli, and I think Cutler is twice the QB they are when Plax first starting playing with those guys. I think he really helped build them a bit.

So I'd be all for the move if, like the article says, his trial date is after the 2009 season.

Comment

• i'm with you BB, pretty much the same sentiments that you have, i also have... Hey, it could be much worse, imo, and if we could pick up plax, it'd be a shot in the arm.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-want-burress/

Looks like some of our players (particularly Hester and Clark mentioned there) really want the team to go after Plaxico.

Originally, I was very against it, but from the sounds of things in there, Plax is ready to play and if his trial date is after the 2009 season is done, he would be a great 1 year mercenary for some team.

1 year, pay him what it takes, and I think he'd be a great fit for us. He really has been a great weapon in both of his previous stops and has done wonders for Ben and Eli, and I think Cutler is twice the QB they are when Plax first starting playing with those guys. I think he really helped build them a bit.

So I'd be all for the move if, like the article says, his trial date is after the 2009 season.
            Was just about to post this. Also in the article

"Agent Drew Rosenhaus did not return a phone call seeking comment, but he announced last week that three teams have inquired about Burress. They are believed to be the Bears, Jets and Buccaneers."

I don't know how strong of a statement "They are believed to be" is but if you couple this with Larry Mayer's all out endorsement of getting Plaxico I think Angelo is ready to pounce if the legal issues are resolved.

Overall I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have bigger problems with his work ethic than his stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
              Overall I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have bigger problems with his work ethic than his stupidity.
              They are equally big in my mind. However, I would think he would want to erase the bad picture of himself during this. Occurrences such as this USUALLY humble people. Let's hope if we sign him it did and he works to show people he is not an asshole.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                They are equally big in my mind. However, I would think he would want to erase the bad picture of himself during this. Occurrences such as this USUALLY humble people. Let's hope if we sign him it did and he works to show people he is not an asshole.
                i'm sure he wants to get paid.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• I believe it was that Steve Perry guy who said that Angelo's interest in Plaxico was legit.

I would definitely like Plax in Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                    What exactly gives you this impression? I haven't exactly followed Burress' career so I can't say you're wrong, and I know he pretty much didn't practice during their Super Bowl year, but everything that I have heard about him is that he's extremely diligent in terms of how he studies and how he breaks down his opposition. It would be nice if he practiced hard too, but the NFL has more than a few guys who always brought it on game day regardless of what happened leading up to that point (Joey Galloway is another example of a guy who hardly practiced and still was a very productive receiver for a period).

Comment

• Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                      What exactly gives you this impression? I haven't exactly followed Burress' career so I can't say you're wrong, and I know he pretty much didn't practice during their Super Bowl year, but everything that I have heard about him is that he's extremely diligent in terms of how he studies and how he breaks down his opposition. It would be nice if he practiced hard too, but the NFL has more than a few guys who always brought it on game day regardless of what happened leading up to that point (Joey Galloway is another example of a guy who hardly practiced and still was a very productive receiver for a period).
                      He has been fined dozens of times by the Giants and suspended by them last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                        I believe it was that Steve Perry guy who said that Angelo's interest in Plaxico was legit.

I would definitely like Plax in Chicago.
                        He said that almost 2 months ago. Messiah?

Comment

• ha i wasnt very keen to him when he started posting here, mainly because of the 3rd person singular thingy, but he is a nice contributor and the things he says actually turn out to be true

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            ha i wasnt very keen to him when he started posting here, mainly because of the 3rd person singular thingy, but he is a nice contributor and the things he says actually turn out to be true
                            Neither was I when he was of FF but he knows his stuff. Go get um Steve!!!!

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-isnt-serious/

Terrible, terrible, godawful scare averted.....

Thank christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                                He said that almost 2 months ago. Messiah?
                                That or he's tapping phone lines..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information