No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have faith in Benson, but you're not sold on him... I think Brown could be a very good backup and someone to push Benson. And I think with him being in a bit of a reduced role, he can stay healthy for at least the majority of the season.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• I'm not sold on Andersen at all. The guy has some serious weapons around him. People talk like he has no talent around him.

Edwards is a superstar. Winslow is one of the more under rated players in the league. He is a huge weapon.

And the OL is a lot better than advertised. I would not shell out a first round pick for Anderson. I would happily give up the 2nd though.

Draft an OL in round 1; trade the 2nd for Anderson.

Comment

• It's not whether or not I'm sold on Benson. It's more, if Benson is hurt or struggles, will Brown be able to push him and step in? I have high doubts about that.

As for Derek Anderson, the Browns hold all the cards on that due to his RFA status. I'd be surprised if they didn't hold firm. Now ... I could see a situation where, if Crennel leaves and Savage gets to pick another coach, maybe they cave and take a 2nd this year instead of a first this year, but it would likely require high future assets, perhaps a future 1st.

That said, all speculation on my part, though.

Comment

• If Courtney Greene comes out I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd or 3rd... either him or Josh Barrett are the best options at SS in the draft for us, IMO.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• I think this is a bad year to need a safety in the draft...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              I think this is a bad year to need a safety in the draft...
              It's a good thing we don't need a safety in the draft

sig by VLS
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
              I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                I could see it too, but dang if it doesn't excite me. If I was certain he'd stay healthy, sure. But eh ... just not sold on it.
                I've been saying the exact same thing. He's great when he's healthy. They key word is WHEN. Wasting money on another guy who hasn't been healthy 1 full season is a waste. If he could stay healthy I'd be estatic. He's not and this worries me given our current injury prone runningback who lacks motivation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                  I still have faith in Benson, but you're not sold on him... I think Brown could be a very good backup and someone to push Benson. And I think with him being in a bit of a reduced role, he can stay healthy for at least the majority of the season.
                  Smokey he can't even stay healthy backing up Lendale White. What makes you think this is going to change with Benson? He's never been healthy his entire career. He even had injury concerns in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    I think Briggs is worth the money to stay, but I can see why we let him go... if we're lucky maybe he doesn't reach 75% of his snaps and we can franchise him and trade him.
                    Briggs hit that mark not too long ago, actually.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Jerry held a conference recently and said that they being more dynamic on offense was their #1 goal in the offseason, that indicates to me that Berrian, and likely Grossman, will be brought back.
                    If I were Angelo, I'd be more concerned with making my offense more consistent and effective than "more dynamic." Heck, the Bengals offense and Lions offense are dynamic, doesn't mean they're all that good.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Which of these SS prospects would be best for us?

Nic Harris
                      William Moore
                      Courtney Greene
                      Craig Steltz
                      Jamar Adams

Comment

• Nic Harris has a ton of upside and the OU ties are there.

Comment

• Because, you know, Grossman makes the offense more dynamic.

By that JA quote I hope that means Turner is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                            Because, you know, Grossman makes the offense more dynamic.

By that JA quote I hope that means Turner is gone.
                            How does he not? There's a difference between good and dynamic. There are things that Grossman can do that Griese or Orton cannot. There's no question about that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• i was j/w how many of u guys outright want turner gone and how many of u like the idea of getting mike martz with the rumors detroit will let him go?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
                                i was j/w how many of u guys outright want turner gone and how many of u like the idea of getting mike martz with the rumors detroit will let him go?
                                I like the idea, we want dynamic offense, he can give us one. My only thing is that unless we have a QB that makes minimal mistakes, we will have the same problems that the Lions had.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information