No announcement yet.

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping we could be specific with this.

Comment

• hmm....i dont know of all the FA's out there but i know max starks will be one and hes experienced at RT. would seem to fit nicely.

and ive been saying ernest wilford for weeks now, but that was also hoping berrian would come back. neither seem likely now but you never know...

Comment

• The Dolphins released Marty Booker today. I'd like to see us pick him back up at a low price, assuming his feelings aren't still hurt about being traded in the first place (I recall him making comments to the degree that the coaches and FO not giving a **** about improving the offense).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I think someone on the interior of the offensive line, like Alan Faneca would be a big addition. I think then adding a possible bookend tackle in the draft like Chris Williams, Sam Baker or Jeff Otah makes a lot of sense.

A veteran WR like Booker would be a nice addition, but I think we can find guys to catch the ball as long as the QB can get them the ball. Greg Olsen also makes this less of a need.

Angelo usually doesn't make big splashes, but I think the best thing the Bears can do is to resign Briggs. Cut Ruben Brown, Archuleta and possibly Mushin or Fred Miller to make room for his new contract and signing bonus.

The One Man Fastbreak and Illini Legend Dee Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by Bighead734 View Post
            I think someone on the interior of the offensive line, like Alan Faneca would be a big addition. I think then adding a possible bookend tackle in the draft like Chris Williams, Sam Baker or Jeff Otah makes a lot of sense.

A veteran WR like Booker would be a nice addition, but I think we can find guys to catch the ball as long as the QB can get them the ball. Greg Olsen also makes this less of a need.

Angelo usually doesn't make big splashes, but I think the best thing the Bears can do is to resign Briggs. Cut Ruben Brown, Archuleta and possibly Mushin or Fred Miller to make room for his new contract and signing bonus.
            DEFINITELY fred miller. guys a sieve.

i think faneca would just become another quick fix for a year or 2 like reuben brown was and then be too old...id rather see money put in someone younger who can be around for more than 2 years.

and bookers too similar to muhammad at this stage in thier careers i feel. id rather just keep muhammad since hes been in the offense longer and more lately than booker....

im all about younger talent

Comment

• Originally posted by Bighead734 View Post
              I think someone on the interior of the offensive line, like Alan Faneca would be a big addition. I think then adding a possible bookend tackle in the draft like Chris Williams, Sam Baker or Jeff Otah makes a lot of sense.

Damnit!!!! BrING MARY BOOKER BACK!!! lol..Let Moose go and bring Booker back. Boy that would bring tears of joy.

Comment

• What do you guys think about bringing in Mike Wahle at Guard? He's a lot younger than the majority of our OL and he'll be a lot cheaper than Fancea.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  What do you guys think about bringing in Mike Wahle at Guard? He's a lot younger than the majority of our OL and he'll be a lot cheaper than Fancea.
                  a lot younger? your view of "a lot" seems a little off to me....

i want young guys who can anchor the thing for years to come. old, overpriced veterans.....no thanks. we still need to get rid of those that we have

and booker...sure he would be cheaper than muhammad, but is he really that much better? plus hes been away from our team/franchise/system for quite some time now...

Comment

• Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                    Damnit!!!! BrING MARY BOOKER BACK!!! lol..Let Moose go and bring Booker back. Boy that would bring tears of joy.
                    Would you keep crying when our team doesn't get any better.

sig by VLS
                    Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                    I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      a lot younger? your view of "a lot" seems a little off to me....

i want young guys who can anchor the thing for years to come. old, overpriced veterans.....no thanks. we still need to get rid of those that we have

and booker...sure he would be cheaper than muhammad, but is he really that much better? plus hes been away from our team/franchise/system for quite some time now...
                      He's only 30. I'm not saying sign him to a 7 year contract but he's a solid Guard and if Ruben Brown retires than a 30 year old Terrance Metcalf is gonna fill in? No thanks. I'd rather have a proven vet who would come in a play well right away. If we draft an O-lineman who says that he'll pan out. That's the good thing about vet they're less likely to bust and it would give us more options come draft day. If we don't get an O-lineman i'm still all for us drafting at least 1 if not 2 early in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                        He's only 30. I'm not saying sign him to a 7 year contract but he's a solid Guard and if Ruben Brown retires than a 30 year old Terrance Metcalf is gonna fill in? No thanks. I'd rather have a proven vet who would come in a play well right away. If we draft an O-lineman who says that he'll pan out. That's the good thing about vet they're less likely to bust and it would give us more options come draft day. If we don't get an O-lineman i'm still all for us drafting at least 1 if not 2 early in the draft.
                        The nice thing about drafting a guy though is that you coach him up to be a solid to good player from day one. You also have him in the prime of his career, instead of on the downslope. The strategy of nabbing vets worked for us once, but I wouldnt take that road again. I like how the Packers have built their offense, through the draft, and their OL is good, and will stay good because they are young. Draft is the way to go.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                          The nice thing about drafting a guy though is that you coach him up to be a solid to good player from day one. You also have him in the prime of his career, instead of on the downslope. The strategy of nabbing vets worked for us once, but I wouldnt take that road again. I like how the Packers have built their offense, through the draft, and their OL is good, and will stay good because they are young. Draft is the way to go.
                          exactly, we're seeing the result of grabbing vets for one big run now.

our big run didnt end up with a championship and now we're stuck with them playing lousy at the tail end of their careers (miller, brown...)

look at the teams who are perennial contenders. they have a few key, superstar veterans and then just always influx some young talent in around them.

thats the kind of team i would like to see built here

Comment

• So you think we should rebuild?

Comment

• Apparently Booker's first preference is to return to Chicago.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                                Apparently Booker's first preference is to return to Chicago.
                                Where did you hear that?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information