2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    Apparently Booker's first preference is to return to Chicago.
    Yay!! I'll be there to greet him with candy and flowers. Sign Marty!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...r-back-to.html

Booker, cut by the Miami Dolphins, has drawn interest from a number of teams. The Bears were not among the initial group which contacted Booker within 24 hours of his release, but Booker reportedly has made it clear that his first preference would be a return to Chicago.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• If Booker wants to come back for a discount i'd be all for it, he'd be a good replacement for Moose.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
          So you think we should rebuild?
          I personally think that we need to rebuild the offense. We are halfway there is how I see it, the defense is good, not many older players, a lot of youth, but the offense is ancient talent, or hopeful talent w/ the occasional good players (Olsen, Berrian). I think what needs to be rebuilt from the ground up is the OL, then get a decent RB to push Benson, then move to QB and finish up w/ WR

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• i would think right at this moment WR would be b4 QB

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
              i would think right at this moment WR would be b4 QB
              I would have to disagree, a superstar WR wouldnt be able to be a difference maker unless he had a QB capable of letting him be that difference maker. I mean, say we dont get berrian back, but we get Booker as everyone here has really liked the idea of that. WRs look like: Moose, Booker, Bradley, Hester, Hass, possibly a rookie. That is good enough IMO for a QB to do enough in Chicago to where he wont be blasted. I mean, if you give us someone like Randy Moss, or Chad Johnson (refrain from bad mouthing, I am throwing his name in there just b/c), but we have someone like Orton or Grossman back at QB. I would take and build the QB before I take a superstar reciever, b/c it is the QB who gets the ball into the WRs hands.

Comment

• i'm sorry but i don't think i would be happy with that WR corps. Moose you have to expect more drop off, Booker is where Moose was about 2-4 yrs ago, about to drop off, Bradley is... well who knows whats up with him and the coaches, Hester is good but still unpolished and slightly unproven(as a WR), Hass is completely unproven and as good as a guy like devin thomas would be he's still unproven. i think if we could pull off a trade for CJ we should. and still sign Wilford/Booker, cut Moose. The you have CJ, Wilford/Booker, Bradley, Hester. now u can look at a QB and see if he can play. of course all of this means nothing if fred miller isn't gone and Clady/Williams/Otah aren't on the roster

Comment

• I honestly question if the people that want Ernest Wilford have ever seen him play. I would take Booker over Wilford every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hell, I'd take Justin Gage over Wilford.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    I honestly question if the people that want Ernest Wilford have ever seen him play. I would take Booker over Wilford every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hell, I'd take Justin Gage over Wilford.
                    well thats your opinion....

I would have to disagree, a superstar WR wouldnt be able to be a difference maker unless he had a QB capable of letting him be that difference maker. I mean, say we dont get berrian back, but we get Booker as everyone here has really liked the idea of that. WRs look like: Moose, Booker, Bradley, Hester, Hass, possibly a rookie. That is good enough IMO for a QB to do enough in Chicago to where he wont be blasted. I mean, if you give us someone like Randy Moss, or Chad Johnson (refrain from bad mouthing, I am throwing his name in there just b/c), but we have someone like Orton or Grossman back at QB. I would take and build the QB before I take a superstar reciever, b/c it is the QB who gets the ball into the WRs hands.
                    let me introduce you to kyle orton, career winning percentage of 66%, hasnt lost to the packers....

look, ive conceded the running back argument to you guys, so lets fix that and lets see what KO can do.

and our WR corps is somewhat scary bad....hester is a wildcard at WR because no one can be sure what we're going to get out of him there, but outside of him, there snothing to be excited about...

Comment

• I think the general consensus on Wilford is that he's pretty much a turd. When the Jaguars, who have a pretty awful receiving core, have shown little interest in bringing him back, that's pretty telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        well thats your opinion....

let me introduce you to kyle orton, career winning percentage of 66%, hasnt lost to the packers....

look, ive conceded the running back argument to you guys, so lets fix that and lets see what KO can do.

and our WR corps is somewhat scary bad....hester is a wildcard at WR because no one can be sure what we're going to get out of him there, but outside of him, there snothing to be excited about...
                        I love KO, dont get me wrong, I think he should have a fair chance to start next year, but if he doesnt preform, then QB is a need again. I wouldnt mind grabbing a QB in round 2 or 3 as an insurance pick to KO (if he starts), even though that KO is what Bears football is: Smart, minimal mistakes, run the football. I guess when I was posting that I was talking in general, b/c I do like KO a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                          I love KO, dont get me wrong, I think he should have a fair chance to start next year, but if he doesnt preform, then QB is a need again. I wouldnt mind grabbing a QB in round 2 or 3 as an insurance pick to KO (if he starts), even though that KO is what Bears football is: Smart, minimal mistakes, run the football. I guess when I was posting that I was talking in general, b/c I do like KO a lot.
                          right right, no i agree there. a QB in round 2 or 3 who can sit behind him as a long term insurance policy. i agree there.

the guy wins 2/3 of his starts and even did so last year when there wasnt much of a healthy team left around him. (an in the minny loss, he looked more rusty and cold that just plain bad, and who wouldn't after sitting for 2 years?) he needs a chance just to go in as the starting QB and see what happens from there

Comment

• Marty Booker: Open to Return to Bears

Sorry if all ready posted didn't want to start a thread just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                              Marty Booker: Open to Return to Bears

Sorry if all ready posted didn't want to start a thread just in case.
                              I would love to have booker again. If we can keep berrian and sign booker our receiver core would be solid. That would probably require us to sign Mr. Drop Touchdowns Muhammed. Berrian, Booker, Hester sounds good on paper. That is wishful thinking though.

Bookers production has dropped off the last few years, but lets face it, the dolphins are a terrible team. You cant blame booker for that.

Comment

• I just wanted to give props to 51 about Chilo Rachel... you said he was a 2nd rounder, and I said he was a 3rd at the earliest. Right now, it is looking like he is a sure fire 2nd rounder. I'm not saying I want him, but just giving credit where it's due.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information