2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    I just wanted to give props to 51 about Chilo Rachel... you said he was a 2nd rounder, and I said he was a 3rd at the earliest. Right now, it is looking like he is a sure fire 2nd rounder. I'm not saying I want him, but just giving credit where it's due.
    Muchos gracias. Some of it is due to a weak guard class, but I think his athleticism will allow him to play on the left side. Combined with his strength and physicality and that's a pretty solid prospect.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
      I would have to disagree, a superstar WR wouldnt be able to be a difference maker unless he had a QB capable of letting him be that difference maker. I mean, say we dont get berrian back, but we get Booker as everyone here has really liked the idea of that. WRs look like: Moose, Booker, Bradley, Hester, Hass, possibly a rookie. That is good enough IMO for a QB to do enough in Chicago to where he wont be blasted. I mean, if you give us someone like Randy Moss, or Chad Johnson (refrain from bad mouthing, I am throwing his name in there just b/c), but we have someone like Orton or Grossman back at QB. I would take and build the QB before I take a superstar reciever, b/c it is the QB who gets the ball into the WRs hands.
      not true.

steve smith had delhomme tossing him the rock for years. he became pretty good that way. andre johnson too. he had david carr. he still looked great and yes, made lots of plays that almost won the texans games. almost. almost.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• ^Look at Calvin Johnson in college. Reggie Ball = turd.

Comment

• From today's press conference at the Combine:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...g-up-next.html

Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith just said he thinks Devin Hester has the potential to become a "No. 1" receiver in the league. It was the most significant thing Smith said during a 20-minute visit with the media.

Smith said he's still optimistic the Bears can find a way to keep Bernard Berrian, Mike Brown and Lance Briggs, but his body language didn't indicate he had much hope.

"My glass is half full," he said. "I'm an optimistic person."

Smith was asked about the status of seven different players, including starting running back Cedric Benson.

"He didn't have a good season," Smith said of Benson. "There are some reasons why, injuries...I still think he's a good football player. I think he can be productive in this league."

Smith was evasive when asked whether Benson would begin the season as the starter. He mentioned that Garrett Wolfe and Adrian Peterson were both in the mix. Smith also said that safety Adam Archuleta would be back with the team next season, which can't be great news for Bears fans.

Smith was sporting a white goatee that made him look like Dr. Harry Edwards, who you'll remember from his days with Bill Walsh and the 49ers.
          Last edited by Geo; 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• ^yeah i was just reading that too. Lovie is kinda getting on my nerves. It seems he's too nice to take a stance and almost challenge his players. I know that's how he functions but I just can't help to think how Benson would be reacting to everything if he had say...Mike Ditka as his HC.

Comment

• aye, lovie is a little too passive imo as well...

though teh archuleta thing isnt that bad as we said before since hes still a freak, he can play good special teams, and he would be a decent mentor to young players because of his experience. also hes cheap, vet minimum or close to it right?

just as long as he isnt starting, lol

Comment

• Man the FA market looks barren. Two of the best 5 players are from our own friggin team. That said, here's my top 10 list of guys I would want to look at (this is assuming that Briggs and Berrian are walking). This is also throwing price out of the equation.

1) Alan Faneca, Guard, Pittsburgh Steelers
                2) Michael Turner, Runningback, San Diego Chargers
                3) Jacob Bell, Guard, Tennessee Titans
                4) Sean Locklear, Offensive Tackle, Seattle Seahawks
                5) D.J Hackett, Wide Receiver, Seattle Seahawks
                6) Bryant Johnson, Wide Receiver, Arizona Cardinals
                7) Gibril Wilson, Safety, New York Giants
                8) Rex Hadnot, Guard, Miami Dolphins
                9) Rod Coleman, Defensive Tackle, Atlanta Falcons
                10) Brandon Chillar, Outside Linebacker, St. Louis Rams

Comment

• ... where's Sexy Rexy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    ... where's Sexy Rexy?
                    Oh shoot...forgot about him. I actually would like us to resign Rex and cut Griese.

Comment

• http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...022108.article

Big news from Angelo, including that the Bears won't franchise Berrian. Everyone give this a read.

Comment

• Huge risk on the Bears part. My guess is that the two sides are fairly close and Angelo didn't want to burn bridges with the franchising, per his history and beliefs. That said, tis a huge risk, imo.

Comment

• Nothing in that article that we didn't already know. Except maybe the Mike Brown part. The Bears are trying to resign people. I think toonster hit the nail on the head. If they were really worried about losing Berrian and they are not close in terms of a contract, they would have hit him with the tag.

Comment

• what do you guys think of this offseason:

FA:
                            OG A. Faneca

Draft:
                            1. OT C. Williams
                            2. WR D. Thomas
                            3a. RB T. Choice
                            3b. QB BPA
                            4. S T. Zbikowski
                            5. OG K. Brown
                            6. BPA
                            7. BPA

also this is assuming BB and Briggs are gone

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
                              what do you guys think of this offseason:

FA:
                              OG A. Faneca

Draft:
                              1. OT C. Williams
                              2. WR D. Thomas
                              3a. RB T. Choice
                              3b. QB BPA
                              4. S T. Zbikowski
                              5. OG K. Brown
                              6. BPA
                              7. BPA

also this is assuming BB and Briggs are gone
                              id kill for the first 2 picks to go that way. then 3rd a RB ok, not necessarily choice but it could be. and then QB, ok

throw in a fresh legged punter with one of those last 2 picks too and id be pretty freaking satisfied

also, good to know they want brown back. ive always liked him...he makes a bob sanders-esque difference on this defense, too bad he hasnt had the chance to since like 2001.....

Comment

• what do all you think of chad Henne ?? good fit or bad fit for the bears?
                                this is the year!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information