2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaBears0530 View Post
    what do all you think of chad Henne ?? good fit or bad fit for the bears?
    not if he has to go in the first 2 rounds. i dont really want any QB there anymore...

im starting to catch onto the idea of resigning rex to a short deal, letting him compete with/backup KO and use our high picks to build some offense around them for now.

maybe take a QB in 3 or later. in fact, we probably should......but i dont think im too crazy about one early early anymore.

i was actually thinking about dennis dixon after reading another thread. i mean, i dont think that anyone can argue that he was by far the most valueable player to his team in all of college football last year. we could take him and with KO/rex in front of him, we could try and develop him into a QB and if that doesnt work out, we could shift him over to WR and see what he can do there.

and he probably wouldnt take that high of a pick either. prolly no earlier than the 5th, 4th at most if hes healthy enough to work out and show himself off

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBears0530 View Post
      what do all you think of chad Henne ?? good fit or bad fit for the bears?
      I like Henne and think he's a good fit. I'd take him at 44.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        id kill for the first 2 picks to go that way. then 3rd a RB ok, not necessarily choice but it could be. and then QB, ok

throw in a fresh legged punter with one of those last 2 picks too and id be pretty freaking satisfied

also, good to know they want brown back. ive always liked him...he makes a bob sanders-esque difference on this defense, too bad he hasnt had the chance to since like 2001.....
        no reason to draft a punter if you have a decent one already... you could always pick up someone as an UDFA, especially if you're just looking for some competition in camp. We really can't afford to carry 3 kickers though.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

not if he has to go in the first 2 rounds. i dont really want any QB there anymore...

im starting to catch onto the idea of resigning rex to a short deal, letting him compete with/backup KO and use our high picks to build some offense around them for now.

maybe take a QB in 3 or later. in fact, we probably should......but i dont think im too crazy about one early early anymore.

i was actually thinking about dennis dixon after reading another thread. i mean, i dont think that anyone can argue that he was by far the most valueable player to his team in all of college football last year. we could take him and with KO/rex in front of him, we could try and develop him into a QB and if that doesnt work out, we could shift him over to WR and see what he can do there.

and he probably wouldnt take that high of a pick either. prolly no earlier than the 5th, 4th at most if hes healthy enough to work out and show himself off
          Dennis Dixon would be great in my mind, but i don't think that's what the Bears would be going for at all from the QB position.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
            no reason to draft a punter if you have a decent one already... you could always pick up someone as an UDFA, especially if you're just looking for some competition in camp. We really can't afford to carry 3 kickers though.
            we wouldnt have to because id assume that wed be cutting maynard in that situation...

anyway, im just not sold on henne. he had a good bowl game and senior bowl and suddenly he goes from a mid round pick kinda guy to people giving him to us in the first freaking round!? no way....

2nd, thatd be more acceptable, but eh. depends on who else is available. i like him less than flacco and woodson

Comment

we wouldnt have to because id assume that wed be cutting maynard in that situation...

anyway, im just not sold on henne. he had a good bowl game and senior bowl and suddenly he goes from a mid round pick kinda guy to people giving him to us in the first freaking round!? no way....

2nd, thatd be more acceptable, but eh. depends on who else is available. i like him less than flacco and woodson
              Henne was only a mid-round pick by people that were severly de-valuing him. His value is back to where it should have been all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Henne was only a mid-round pick by people that were severly de-valuing him. His value is back to where it should have been all along.
                "Weaknesses:
                Accuracy is inconsistent...Struggles under pressure and needs time to throw...Will stare down his targets...Height is just average...Not very mobile and isn't a threat to run...May need to have his mechanics tweaked...His footwork is shaky...Sloppy with his fundamentals..Holds the ball too long...is streaky and prone to mistakes."

sound like anyone else we've had at QB recently?

throw the word inconsistent in there a few more times and we've got another rex on our hands

Comment

"Weaknesses:
                  Accuracy is inconsistent...Struggles under pressure and needs time to throw...Will stare down his targets...Height is just average...Not very mobile and isn't a threat to run...May need to have his mechanics tweaked...His footwork is shaky...Sloppy with his fundamentals..Holds the ball too long...is streaky and prone to mistakes."

sound like anyone else we've had at QB recently?

throw the word inconsistent in there a few more times and we've got another rex on our hands
                  isn't henne like 6'2?
                  isn't grossman 6'1?

didn't BF51 get all pissy and call grossman a midget one day?
                  chad henne is 1 inch taller. so. 'big difference'

just calling you out on that one.
                  i still think henne is a POS. essentially a worse eli with less tools.
                  http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                  For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    isn't henne like 6'2?
                    isn't grossman 6'1?

didn't BF51 get all pissy and call grossman a midget one day?
                    chad henne is 1 inch taller. so. 'big difference'

just calling you out on that one.
                    i still think henne is a POS. essentially a worse eli with less tools.
                    calling me out? i was comparing him to grossman, and 1 inch isnt a big difference......

but yeah, i agree with teh sentiment that i wouldn't want henne. coming from big 10 country, i saw enough of him to know that i wouldnt really want him....

i was actually surprised earlier this year during the college season when they asked who had the better pro prospect, henne or hart? and they went with henne.....im like, henne a pro?

apparently i was mistaken....but i still wouldnt want him

Comment

• Grossman is 6'1 going on 5'7

Comment

• You can't measure the heart of a champion.

Sexy Rexy has the balls to call the media ignorant to their faces ( ), no other guy can do that.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• There is now way that he is 6'1. I went to TC a few years ago, and he signed one of my cards, and was not 6'1. I was probably 5'6 at the time, and he didnt seem that big to me. I would guess more around 5'10 or 5'11

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• is chad henne really 6'2?

or does grossman wear heels.

Comment

calling me out? i was comparing him to grossman, and 1 inch isnt a big difference......

but yeah, i agree with teh sentiment that i wouldn't want henne. coming from big 10 country, i saw enough of him to know that i wouldnt really want him....

i was actually surprised earlier this year during the college season when they asked who had the better pro prospect, henne or hart? and they went with henne.....im like, henne a pro?

apparently i was mistaken....but i still wouldnt want him
                              it was directed to BF, but i quoted you.

sorry.

Comment

• btw, if Deshaun Foster will come in on the minimum (probably not, but if) I'd take a look. I wouldn't bank my running game on just adding Deshaun, but I'd take a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information