2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
    well congrats on the win. hester killed us the whole game up until the point when your offense finally showed up. embarrassing game all around for both sides though.

also why is adam archuleta still starting for you guys, i thought he got benched?
    Archuleta has been bad most of the season. He miss a key takle today, I think Lovie and Angelo were looking for old magic when they traded for him.

I'm not a fan of the Bears, but i'm just wondering but with this being a GREAT draft for QB's, who do you guys want? Being from the burbs, I hear alot about McNabb, but I think that McNabb is overrated and can't stay on the field.
    Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

Originally posted by RockJock07 View Post
      Archuleta has been bad most of the season. He miss a key takle today, I think Lovie and Angelo were looking for old magic when they traded for him.

I'm not a fan of the Bears, but i'm just wondering but with this being a GREAT draft for QB's, who do you guys want? Being from the burbs, I hear alot about McNabb, but I think that McNabb is overrated and can't stay on the field.
      I will take Big Eric "I throw 7tds to Woodsons 6tds" Ainge in the 2nd round ;)

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Benson done for the year...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Well Cedric's done for the year, and probably done with the Bears. Personally I think if Adian Peterson was as good as some people think he is he wouldn't have sat behind the likes of Anthony Thomas, Brock Forsey, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson and warrant the drafting of Garrett Wolfe but we'll see. If he doesn't preform I think RB jumps to into a tie with safety for third on our needs lists.

Right now for me my ideal first 3 rounds would look like this

1. Jeff Otah- It looks like Otah's gonna be climbing up draft boards, and he'll be able to play both sides at tackle, and we could slide him inside at guard if Tait and St Clair can right the ship at the tackle spots. The Ideal situation would slide Tait to right, start Otah on the left side. Otah would help the running game, giving us the mauler we don't have right now.
          2. Strike a deal similar to the San Deigo deal last year, I'd settle for a 2nd, third, and fifth.
          Trade Alex Brown and the newly acquired third for another second.
          2a. DJ Hall. We need a wide receiver other than Bernard Berrian. Moose shouldn't be on the team next year, and theres a good chance Davis will be gone as well. Leaving us with major unknowns in Bradley and Hester. Hall will bring stability to the position and it's a plus if Bradley and Hester can contribute more on offense.
          2b. Erik Aigne. Has the potential to grow into our franchise quarterback, but won't have the pressure a first round pick would. Assuming either Grossman, Griese or Orton are still on the team, we can use a similar approach to Kanasas City and Brodie Croyle and ease Aigne in.
          3a. Jamar Adams. Another warm body in the picture at safety.
          3b. Peyton Hillis. An upgrade over McKie at the position, and a big enough athlete to be a factor in the run and pass game.

sig by VLS
          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
          I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
            Well Cedric's done for the year, and probably done with the Bears. Personally I think if Adian Peterson was as good as some people think he is he wouldn't have sat behind the likes of Anthony Thomas, Brock Forsey, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson and warrant the drafting of Garrett Wolfe but we'll see. If he doesn't preform I think RB jumps to into a tie with safety for third on our needs lists.

Right now for me my ideal first 3 rounds would look like this

1. Jeff Otah- It looks like Otah's gonna be climbing up draft boards, and he'll be able to play both sides at tackle, and we could slide him inside at guard if Tait and St Clair can right the ship at the tackle spots. The Ideal situation would slide Tait to right, start Otah on the left side. Otah would help the running game, giving us the mauler we don't have right now.
            2. Strike a deal similar to the San Deigo deal last year, I'd settle for a 2nd, third, and fifth.
            Trade Alex Brown and the newly acquired third for another second.
            2a. DJ Hall. We need a wide receiver other than Bernard Berrian. Moose shouldn't be on the team next year, and theres a good chance Davis will be gone as well. Leaving us with major unknowns in Bradley and Hester. Hall will bring stability to the position and it's a plus if Bradley and Hester can contribute more on offense.
            2b. Erik Aigne. Has the potential to grow into our franchise quarterback, but won't have the pressure a first round pick would. Assuming either Grossman, Griese or Orton are still on the team, we can use a similar approach to Kanasas City and Brodie Croyle and ease Aigne in.
            3a. Jamar Adams. Another warm body in the picture at safety.
            3b. Peyton Hillis. An upgrade over McKie at the position, and a big enough athlete to be a factor in the run and pass game.
            A few thoughts.

- I'm not sure our second round pick will be low enough to garner the return you are expecting. The Bears would currently pick 17th if the draft were held today, unless you expect us to lose all of our remaining games and finish 5-11 I'm not sure we'll get there. That said, the SOS order will be reversed in the 2nd, so that will bump it up a bit.

- Hall would be unproven as well. I actually think Moose will be back. His salary has largely been paid (I think he's on the hook for about 2 million next year) so even if he's just a slow-yet-reliable option I think he's worth one more year. That said, I like the pick of Hall, as Bradley is looking more and more like a bust.

-Not really a fan of drafting a fullback in the 3rd round. It's a dying position frankly, though if we went that route Hills or Caulcrick from Michigan State would be good options.

-I think Benson will be back. We'd gain nothing monetary-wise by cutting him, and I think he'll get another year to try and establish his worth to the team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Regarding fullback being a dieing position, guys like Vickers and Leonard have given it a little life, (both were first day picks if I recall) and I think a guy like Hillis of Jacobs Hester is versatile enough to make a difference at the pro level.

sig by VLS
              I don't care...

Comment

With the presence of a couple of more-athletic fullbacks like Peyton Hillis, Jacob Hester, Jehuu Caulcrick (perhaps), and Owen Schmitt, I definitely wouldn't spend a third on one (hope one falls and spend a fifth on him, perhaps), especially with all the needs we have. Offensive line, quarterback, wide receiver, offensive line, safety, offensive line, the list goes on. Combine that with perhaps lingering defensive tackle pangs (maybe a guy who falls and the value is just too good to pass up), possibly linebacker (Briggs' gap not being filled or planning for a debilitated Urlacher) and fullback, while I love the fullbacks in this class, must fall in the line with the rest of our priorities. I think the best one would be Hillis because of his hands, followed by Hester, then maybe Schmitt, but those guys are the ones who will come off the boards first.
                Last edited by Race for the Heisman; 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                  Regarding fullback being a dieing position, guys like Vickers and Leonard have given it a little life, (both were first day picks if I recall) and I think a guy like Hillis of Jacobs Hester is versatile enough to make a difference at the pro level.
                  Actually, I agree with Mike Mayock that Brian Leonard is better off as a tailback. In my case it's mainly b/c of his size. He's only 226 lbs. for crying out loud!

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Hester isn't a fullback. He is a bruiser RB who can line up at FB once in a while, very similar to Leonard except less athletic.

If we want a FB, go for maybe Owen Schmitt in the 5th, which he might be available in. He is a good hard runner, has good hands, and is a very good blocker. Or, Peyton Hillis if he is there for us in the 4th. 3rd round is too high to spend on a FB, IMO, when you have as many needs as we do.

Oh yeah, Benson will be back. But I think it would be a super idea to sign Chris Brown in the offseason. It seemed like we might sign him last offseason but that didn't happen. Brown would be a good compliment to Benson and doesn't seem like he will be able to carry the load with his up-right running style. Either him or Julius Jones, which I don't if it would work or not... Plus, I think Adrian Peterson is best served to be the no. 3 back who gets some reps but is mainly a special teams ace.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      A few thoughts.

- I'm not sure our second round pick will be low enough to garner the return you are expecting. The Bears would currently pick 17th if the draft were held today, unless you expect us to lose all of our remaining games and finish 5-11 I'm not sure we'll get there. That said, the SOS order will be reversed in the 2nd, so that will bump it up a bit.

- Hall would be unproven as well. I actually think Moose will be back. His salary has largely been paid (I think he's on the hook for about 2 million next year) so even if he's just a slow-yet-reliable option I think he's worth one more year. That said, I like the pick of Hall, as Bradley is looking more and more like a bust.

-Not really a fan of drafting a fullback in the 3rd round. It's a dying position frankly, though if we went that route Hills or Caulcrick from Michigan State would be good options.

-I think Benson will be back. We'd gain nothing monetary-wise by cutting him, and I think he'll get another year to try and establish his worth to the team.
                      can Caulcrick block though? I know he can run....

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        can Caulcrick block though? I know he can run....
                        If we want a fullback for blocking McKie is fine. Drafting someone to block in the 3rd round when we have an ungodly amount of needs would border on ********.
                        Last edited by Hurricane Ditka; 11-26-2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• You could argue that Jerry Angelo borders on those censor * means.

sig by VLS
                          I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                            You could argue that Jerry Angelo borders on those censor * means.
                            You could but you'd be wrong. Jerry Angelo took a franchise that was a pile of trash for 10 years before he got there and turned it into a Superbowl team.

Comment

• He also does alot of things that make you go what the *********?

sig by VLS
                              I don't care...

Comment

• Jerry Angelo gets way too much credit for our recent success & not enough blame for this year's disaster.

Don't get me wrong though - he is a very good GM and we could be a lot worse off.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information