2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Benson is done...

Not sure that is such a gorrible thing for you guys, especially against the Giants. I think Peterson and Wolfe match up better against the Giants run D anyway.

This is going to be a very interesting game to watch....2 roller coaster D's that will have to deal with a good pass rush.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Is Losman a FA this year? I wouldn't mind trying him for a 2 -3 year contract over Grossman.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I don't believe Losman is a FA.

Apparently Vasher will be back this week. That would be a huge boost considering the Giants would otherwise try to match the very tall Plaxico Burress against the very short Manning and McBride. Not to mention that it would allow us to play a little more man and keep Archuleta in the box where he belongs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• They'll find a way.
          The only way briggs will leave is if someone offers him tons, and i mean tons of money. I don't see anyone offering him more than he asked for this year.

I agree. It looks like rebuilding sort of next year... Hopefully some of our rookies this year and last year will kick it up...

*cough, danieal manning, cough cough*
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• so looking back at the 07 draft... We basically traded Ugoh, who is turning into a top left tackle in the league, for Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Michael Payne (who are all on IR), and a 3rd round pick... yeah, at the time it seemed like a pretty good move to get 3 extra picks, but it looks pretty stupid now.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              so looking back at the 07 draft... We basically traded Ugoh, who is turning into a top left tackle in the league, for Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Michael Payne (who are all on IR), and a 3rd round pick... yeah, at the time it seemed like a pretty good move to get 3 extra picks, but it looks pretty stupid now.
              Way too early to judge. I'm not all that convinced that Ugoh is that great either, or just the product of an incredible system. Indy does a tremendous job of neutralizing blitzes by running draws and screens and keeping teams on their heels.

I remember at the time wanting Sidney Rice, who is looking very good right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Way too early to judge. I'm not all that convinced that Ugoh is that great either, or just the product of an incredible system. Indy does a tremendous job of neutralizing blitzes by running draws and screens and keeping teams on their heels.

I remember at the time wanting Sidney Rice, who is looking very good right now.
                I remember wanting D-Jarrett because you know...he can catch

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                  I remember wanting D-Jarrett because you know...he can catch
                  Jarrett's a bum. Carolina has no depth at receiver and he still can't make the gameday roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Jarrett's a bum. Carolina has no depth at receiver and he still can't make the gameday roster.
                    Well, let's just say I was WAY off with him.. I thought he was going to be good.

Thank god.

Comment

• yea... i really thought Jarrett would be able to be a productive player... but he really does have Mike Williams syndrome.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                        yea... i really thought Jarrett would be able to be a productive player... but he really does have Mike Williams syndrome.
                        I have not seen him play, but look at their Qbs. Your really cant say that he wont be productive after 12games.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                          I have not seen him play, but look at their Qbs. Your really cant say that he wont be productive after 12games.
                          He won't be productive. Huh? Apparently you can say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                            so looking back at the 07 draft... We basically traded Ugoh, who is turning into a top left tackle in the league, for Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Michael Payne (who are all on IR), and a 3rd round pick... yeah, at the time it seemed like a pretty good move to get 3 extra picks, but it looks pretty stupid now.
                            New Orleans traded their entire draft to get Ricky Williams in the draft to the Redskins. Do you remember any players the Redskins drafted? No and I don't believe any are still with the team.

Did the Redskins get the better end of the deal? Absolutely, but I'm not judging it on the hindsight in the players chosen.

You all made the smart trade and you got the better end of the deal. I was never a fan of the Bears draft except for Greg Olsen. I mean Garrett Wolfe in the 3rd? Why? I liked the pick of Josh Beekman but other than that...bleh.

No offense. I just thought you all could have done better.

Comment

• They must of felt that we needed the depth and looking at it now we could use the help at DL and in the secondary to bad they got hurt though.

Comment

• On ChicagoBears.com the chalk talk guy said that Safety is our biggest need! I agree that it is a big need but I think that upgrading the O-line is our biggest. If Kenny Phillips is there in the first I don't know if I could take him over a potential starting Tackle.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information