2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    On ChicagoBears.com the chalk talk guy said that Safety is our biggest need! I agree that it is a big need but I think that upgrading the O-line is our biggest. If Kenny Phillips is there in the first I don't know if I could take him over a potential starting Tackle.
    I could see it, there are quite a few OL prospects this year from what I read. Kenny Philips will be a good NFL saftey, so I would take a shot at him if an OL wasnt worth the pick in that spot of the draft

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• I was just suprised he took a stand on anything. Mayer is such a hack sucking at the tit of power. His "articles" are closer to press releases than any legitimate journalism.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Meyer always gets harassed at training camp for being a phony.

Comment

• Lets say we pick at no. 9 or 10...

1.) Kenny Phillips, S
          With him and D. Manning, we have a fine young safety duo. Phillips would likely play strong.

2.) Chris Williams, OT
          Falls this fair because this is a very a good tackle class. Is similar to Marcus McNeil, IMO. Is a great run blocker and will allow us to move Tait back over to RT.

3a) Joe Flacco, QB
          Good developmental QB. As for the QB situation goes, either bring back Grossman on a cheap 1 year contract and cut/trade Griese, or just let Grossman go. Let Kyle Orton and Griese/Grossman compete for QB while Flacco develops.

3b) Heath Benedict, OL
          Can play both G or T. Could compete for a starting job at G right away.

-Trade Alex Brown for a late third
          3c) Peyton Hillis, FB/H-Back
          At first I didn't like this idea by HD, but now love the idea. He would be a great weapon out of the backfield. Has great hands and knows how to get open, can run with the ball, and is a very good blocker as well.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• We're not going to pick 9 or 10. We have one of the hardest SOS in the league. Even if we finish 1-4 we'll be picking at least 11th or 12th.

Picks are fine. Still not a fan of the Hills pick.

Comment

• i don't understand the point of taking a FB that early when we obviously need help at runningback.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Alright, here's a question. What happens if the top 3 QB's are off AND 4 OT's are off (Otah, Clady, Long, Williams)? I just did the reverse order of what was on NFL.com and thus we were 17th. What then? I'm at a loss. I think Cherilus has played himself out of the mid-first. Same goes with Baker. I don't think Loadholt/Oher can work themselves that high, but I'd take one of them there instead of Gosder or Sam.

Comment

• well i think it would then depend if Kenny Phillips is still on the board... which i doubt he'd be. at that point, you have to look at trading back in the mid 20 range i guess... I just don't think i see all four of those guys going that early, especially in a tackle heavy draft.

a few other guys i would consider would be one of the runningbacks... (although not the biggest need i know, they still have to be considered) Stewart, Mendenhall, etc... another guy i'd look at would be Reggie Smith at safety, although he'd be better suited as a FS.

Comment

• I like Chris Williams, but I have a very hard time seeing him, let alone 4 tackles going in the top 15. IMO, Williams is in the last first/early second range, Otah is in that top 20 range, Clady is in the top 10-15 range and Long is top 5. Baker and Cherilus are both in the late first early second range as well, IMO.

Plus, I think we will see at least on of the big 3 QB's fall into the 20's. I can see both the Vikings and Ravens both passing on QB's with their picks.

Comment

• John St. Clair is amazing... maybe a bit early, but he really is playing great, he just owned Strahan on that drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                        John St. Clair is amazing... maybe a bit early, but he really is playing great, he just owned Strahan on that drive.
                        Yeah he did... plus the fact that he can actually catch.

i'm just utterly amazed that we scored so fast, it was very odd, no huddle. fast paced, watched peterson run.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Rex is playing surprisingly well today. I think if he keeps it up we could give him a 1yr ext, and move Qb back to 2nd or 3rd round in the draft.

Adrian Peterson is looking pretty decent too.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• if we can get consistent OL play, we don't have any need for another RB, that's what it comes down to.

Comment

• Adrian Peterson is exactly what I expected him to be, a good 3rd down runningback. He can't run the ball effectively and consistantly, and he's showing that here. It's completely changed the offense, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it makes sense why they want a runner like Benson, albeit maybe not Benson.

Comment

• Rex is still scared to take a hit... anyone else see him flinch like a ***** on the first offensive play of the game. Where I come from, thats two hits for flinching... but he made up for it with that nice touch pass.

Also, he keeps dropping back in the pocket and taking sacks that shouldn't be sacks. He needs to freaking step up.

He is playing well, but he still hasn't shown me anything where he is the answer at QB. Maybe a 1 year extension cause there is nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information