X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearsfan_51
    started a topic 2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

2011 Chicago Bears General Discussion

Thought I would start a broader thread so that we don't have to start new threads for minor things (Alphonso Boone for example).

To start it off:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095776

We got bumped. Not suprisingly, but still dissapointing as I enjoy watching primetime games.

• bearfan
    replied
    He wants to bring in the "patriots scouting system"...I'm feeling a little better about him. Sounds like a hard worker, hopefully his attitude trickles down.

Leave a comment:

• MidwayMonster31
    replied
    Emery's presser was awfully boring and very little was actually said. As long as he brings in good players and doesn't take **** from Lovie, he should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Dan Pompei endorses Emery. That goes a long way with me.

Leave a comment:

• HeavyLeggedWaistBender
    replied
    I said moving past it, damn it!

Leave a comment:

• bearfan
    replied
    None too thrilled. I wanted Licht

Leave a comment:

• MidwayMonster31
    replied
    uuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh. I know this should come as no surprise, but uuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Leave a comment:

• Monomach
    replied
    I don't understand the firing of JA. Well, not like this, anyway.

The new GM doesn't get to choose the coach, the QB, or the coordinators...meaning he's forced into both the offensive and defensive systems, even if he doesn't believe in them.

If you're going to hire a puppet GM with no power to correct the mistakes, why not just strip JA of his power and keep him? Why not go down to Brookfield and pick up a monkey to put at that desk?

No GM worthy of being a GM will want the job.

This all smells like setting it up for Ruskell to take over, and that's no change at all.

Leave a comment:

• HeavyLeggedWaistBender
    replied
    Kinda tired of his name being thrown out there but I'll do it anyway: What if Jeremy Bates is the "passing game" coach?

Any chance of that, I'd be much more enthusiastic about all this.

Leave a comment:

• SFbear
    replied
    Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Maybe at least he'll strive for more balance and to protect Cutler better. Gotta find the positives, right?
    He's going to be responsible for the running game and they'll bring in a QB/passing game coach. Other than Chris Williams inability to figure out who to block at the second level, I've really liked our execution in the running game so I like continuity there. Passing game I figure if we get him some better blocking, upgrade receiver and Cutler will do what he do.

My guess is that promises were made to Tice behind the scenes during Martzian reign of terror and Tice gave the org an ultimatum. Who knows though. Just weird timing.

Leave a comment:

• BeerBaron
    replied
    Maybe at least he'll strive for more balance and to protect Cutler better. Gotta find the positives, right?

Leave a comment:

• SFbear
    replied
    Tice to OC. Was probably inevitable but timing is weird.

Leave a comment:

• Gay Ork Wang
    replied
    well hindsight is 20/20. If they thought it was more important to figure out if McCown is worthy of an extension then to see what enderle can do, you can kinda tell how much they know of enderle. I mean you haven seen enderle a bit. they did. While i do understand the "i want every draft pick to work out", him making the team was already a miracle. If we dont want to see him play it means we dont trust him. Coaches see more of players and there is a lot mroe that can determine you are going to suck than leting you try a game in regular season. What if he could hardly complete a pass against the practice squad or 2nd team? why would you bother?

im perfectly happy at us trying to see if McCown is a worthy backup. Hanie clearly wasnt

Leave a comment:

• bearfan
    replied
    To each his own.

I would have liked them to play him, there was no point in not doing so. If he was drafted only to be discarded after being on the team all year, then they should have drafted someone who they thought would have a shot staying with the team.

In addition, as a fan I wanted a higher draft pick, and he probably would have given us the best chance at that!

Leave a comment:

• MidwayMonster31
    replied
    It was worth the gamble. It was a #3 QB anyway.
    Austin Davis or Chandler Harnish might be worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information