The New Official Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Why would anybody give a pick for AJ Feeley?
    I don't know; I wouldn't. IMO, Philly got rid of the wrong backup QB this pre-season and Holcomb is better.

I almost forgot, if the Bears want one of the big 3, they'd better either finish with a worse record than other quarterback-needy teams like Atlanta or trade up. Preferably option 2.
    Last edited by DaBears9654; 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM. Reason: actually reading all of what 51 wrote

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

To answer Moses comment - I think some team might take a chance on Orton with one year left if they can get it on the cheap. Maybe 5th is high. I did acknowledge that. But I could see something like that happen. The QB options in the middle of day 2 aren't all that awe inspiring in terms of tools.

Just a possibility, though.

Random musing: If we end up in the mid-first, we may end up in no man's land. Depending on the positioning of the pick, it could be a reach of some sorts there (whether it be positioning, value, etceteras), and that wouldn't excite me (I mean, I'd be fine if we traded down to the mid-first to accumulate more picks, but to pick someone there, I'm a bit wary, particularly considering where our needs are). If that happens, I'd much rather try to deal further down and just stock up on picks.

Comment

Looking at the remainder of our schedule it's conceivable that we pick in the top 10.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

We're at the point where we have so many needs that where ever we pick we must get good value.

If we're mid 1st and there is no OT's or QBs worth the grade we need to take our #3 need whatever the hell that may be. Maybe a safety, god forbid. I will be utterly disappointed if we do not land a QB or big time OT in the first round of the draft.

Bearsfan51 - who has a worse OL than the 5 scrubs (Kreutz included - he has played like a dog - no need to give him a pass.) that are running out there every sunday for us? Just curious.. I have yet to see a worse line this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
            We're at the point where we have so many needs that where ever we pick we must get good value.

If we're mid 1st and there is no OT's or QBs worth the grade we need to take our #3 need whatever the hell that may be. Maybe a safety, god forbid. I will be utterly disappointed if we do not land a QB or big time OT in the first round of the draft.

Bearsfan51 - who has a worse OL than the 5 scrubs (Kreutz included - he has played like a dog - no need to give him a pass.) that are running out there every sunday for us? Just curious.. I have yet to see a worse line this year.
            I don't think there's a worse offensive line than the Lions. They're almost so bad that no offensive line would be an improvement as they wouldn't have a false start every other play. Just Jon Kitna, someone to snap the ball, and 9 receivers.

The Niners O-line is pretty pathetic too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I don't think there's a worse offensive line than the Lions. They're almost so bad that no offensive line would be an improvement as they wouldn't have a false start every other play. Just Jon Kitna, someone to snap the ball, and 9 receivers.

The Niners O-line is pretty pathetic too.
              Very true about the Niners OL.. Not sure how you compare the OL's since they both are pretty brutal.

There is no doubt that this OL is one of the worst in football right now though.

Comment

If the Bears are in position to draft McFadden but Jake Long is already gone can they pass on taking him to go in another direction or does he have to much value to pass.
                Last edited by blkwdw13; 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blkwdw13 View Post
                  If the Bears are inpositionto draft McFadden but Long is already gone can they pass on taking him to go in another direction or does he have to much value to pass.
                  Please speak English.

Comment

Barring a terrible off-season, McFadden will be long gone by the Bears pick.

Comment

Please speak English.
                      Don't be a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by blkwdw13 View Post
                        Don't be a prick.
                        It's kinda what I do.

But honestly, I had no idea what you said. No I don't see how we pass on McFadden, but we aren't going to lose nearly enough. In fact, we could lose every game from here on out and still be too high for McFadden.

Comment

I want Woodson with our most likely 9th overall pick...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                            I want Woodson with our most likely 9th overall pick...
                            Woodson didnt have 7TDs to win him a game today did he? I think not! AINGE FTW! ;)

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Woodson had 6 TD's and would have won the game if Kentucky had a defense.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                                Woodson had 6 TD's and would have won the game if Kentucky had a defense.
                                I didnt watch the game, I just looked at the stats. I like them both, I just have been real high on Ainge, so I was just having fun with that post

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information