Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Official Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The New Official Draft Thread

    To quote Rob Schneider in the Waterboy "Oh No! We suck again!"

    It's that time again. Week 11 is in the books, and our season is all but over.

    sig by VLS
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe
    I don't care...

  • #2
    I think right now, with how bad our defense has gotten due to lack of safety, Kenny Phillips should be the pick. Take OLine with our second pick, someone like Chris Williams in the second would be a steal.

    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

    Comment


    • #3
      Cripes...we have so many needs I don't even know where to start.

      It's really a matter of picking the positions of most concern. Do we resign Grossman for another trial year as the starter? Can Griese hold the fort for one more year? Who is the bigger sore spot, Fred Miller or Archuleta?

      Truth be told I would hold off on safety, it's a bit of a luxury pick that quite frankly we can't afford to make right now. The offensive line is always going to take precedence over the secondary (or at least it should) so I would still go OT assuming the value is there. We don't need a RT, we need a LT that can move Tait back where he is going to be much more effective.

      We also need to fire Ron Turner. Cripes. I've been mildly sticking up for the guy because it's not like we have the best talent to work with, but our "gameplans" if you can even call them that, are so counter-intuitive it just doesn't make sense anymore. How many times are we going to run the end-around to Hester before we realize that it doesn't ******* work!?!?!


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #4
        O-Line is by far the biggest need on this team. 4th and 1 and Kreutz and Garza are both on their ass as soon as the ball is snapped. Then I would go Safety and RB as our next biggest areas of concern. D. Manning looks like he's starting to get it to. I do have some faith in Benson, but we need that Thomas Jones type to compliment him. Wolfe isn't it either. As far as QB, if Grossman has time, he can make any throw. So I would stick with him for another year. Especially if Ryan and Woodson are gone by the time we pick in the 1st round(I don't think Brohm is going to be good). With Dixon being hurt, maybe we could grab him with one of our 5ths or something.

        The Defense just looks worn out. They just need an offseason to get healthy. It also seems that alot of teams have us figured out when it comes to Xs and Os. A new stud safety, add a new DT in the 3rd or 4th, get tommie, dusty and urlacher healthy, and this Defense will be a championship defense once again.

        I think we need to draft two lineman in the first three rounds and sign one in FA. I'd lock up Briggs and Berrian also.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Cripes...we have so many needs I don't even know where to start.

          It's really a matter of picking the positions of most concern. Do we resign Grossman for another trial year as the starter? Can Griese hold the fort for one more year? Who is the bigger sore spot, Fred Miller or Archuleta?

          Truth be told I would hold off on safety, it's a bit of a luxury pick that quite frankly we can't afford to make right now. The offensive line is always going to take precedence over the secondary (or at least it should) so I would still go OT assuming the value is there. We don't need a RT, we need a LT that can move Tait back where he is going to be much more effective.

          We also need to fire Ron Turner. Cripes. I've been mildly sticking up for the guy because it's not like we have the best talent to work with, but our "gameplans" if you can even call them that, are so counter-intuitive it just doesn't make sense anymore. How many times are we going to run the end-around to Hester before we realize that it doesn't ******* work!?!?!
          Looking at Fred Miller's play I'd say OT is a SERIOUS SERIOUS NEED. On the other hand our defensive backs been getting worked like a rib. I know Angelo drafts defense well so we may be able to hold back a couple rnds on Safety however there are also going to be some guys in FA to address at least 1 offensive line position so it could go either way. All in all I think you hit the nail on the head when you said there are a plethera of positions to address. Both Safety positions are of high consideration.

          On another note. CB looked great for once. The guy finally ran with some damn fire. This is the RB I was hoping for so if he can keep this solid effort I'll stop ripping him up. He's not yet out of the bag though. He has a lot more to prove IMO. I could care less if he exceeds the mediocrity of 1000yds. He needs to act like he wants to succeed at the NFL level. I'm tired of his btching. Start putting up like this week and earn your keep.

          Comment


          • #6
            Bottom line, we can't afford to overpay the offensive line through free agency again. We did that last time and now three years later we're sitting here with the oldest and arguably worst offensive line in the league.

            sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
              Bottom line, we can't afford to overpay the offensive line through free agency again. We did that last time and now three years later we're sitting here with the oldest and arguably worst offensive line in the league.
              Our offensive line isn't even close to the worst.


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think the best situation right now is for Grossman to play decent enough down the stretch that both sides agree to a one year deal and allow us to go with QB in say, the 3rd round, thus allowing us to address OL in the first and potentially safety in the 2nd. I'd spin Orton off for a depth pick (which I think we can get) unless Orton's going to get a chance (I think we can probably get a 5th for him). I'd spin Alex Brown off (right now, I think a 4th is best case scenario). Focus on OL/S/QB and either WR/Rb in day 1, and in day 2 add a WR/RB (whichever one not addressed), another end (can't say Ogunleye being here that much longer, maybe 2 years max, and Bazuin is an unknown), some more safety depth.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You think we can get a 5th for Orton? Keep in mind he's only got a year left on his deal.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    One week Grossman is a garbage QB and the nest week he is the answer???

                    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't think Grossman is the answer, but look at the options for next year. I'm not particularly enthused about going with Griese, and they don't seem willing to give Orton a chance. I'm not particularly enthused about the top 3 QB's. I think that there are a couple QB's in the 2nd-4th stanzas that have as much upside as the top 3 QB's. I'm not talking about a long term deal for Grossman, just a one year deal for both parties to reestablish value. Of course, both sides would have to agree, so maybe Rex finds a better opportunity.

                      As for Orton and a 5th, I think there's a slim chance. That's probably as high as I could see, though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        One week Grossman is a garbage QB and the nest week he is the answer???
                        The answer for what? This team isn't winning the Superbowl next year.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                          I think the best situation right now is for Grossman to play decent enough down the stretch that both sides agree to a one year deal and allow us to go with QB in say, the 3rd round, thus allowing us to address OL in the first and potentially safety in the 2nd. I'd spin Orton off for a depth pick (which I think we can get) unless Orton's going to get a chance (I think we can probably get a 5th for him). I'd spin Alex Brown off (right now, I think a 4th is best case scenario). Focus on OL/S/QB and either WR/Rb in day 1, and in day 2 add a WR/RB (whichever one not addressed), another end (can't say Ogunleye being here that much longer, maybe 2 years max, and Bazuin is an unknown), some more safety depth.
                          Why would anybody give a pick for Orton?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just wait and see... Orton will dominate once given the chance.

                            ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Moses View Post
                              Why would anybody give a pick for Orton?
                              Why would anybody give a pick for AJ Feeley?


                              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information