Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our cap situation...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week14/4.html

looks like we will have 19 million of cap room, but after cuts and perhaps renegotiating some bonuses (ie turning regular bonuses into the signing bonus, Darwin Walker is a prime example of this for us) that number can increase to about 25 million. Lets say the rookie pool is 5 mil, so we should have plenty to resign Briggs and Berrian, while making some smaller signings as well and keeping enough to extend Harris' contract.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

That's good to hear, but the biggest concern isn't so much cap space as it is being competitive in a market where everyone is going to have ungodly amounts of cap room and revenue.

On the other hand, this yet again reinforces why we should absolutely put the cap on Berrian if we can't sign him longterm.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

at first I thought we would have less cap room, more like 10-15 range, so I didn't think franchising Berrian would be the smartest thing, but now overpaying him by 2-3 million wouldn't be such a bad thing.

As long as we keep Briggs long term, I'll be happy.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Any chance we have enough to resign Briggs, Berrian, and nab an OG in FA? I think there are some decent young ones that are going to be available.

Comment

Originally posted by k0ng View Post
          Any chance we have enough to resign Briggs, Berrian, and nab an OG in FA? I think there are some decent young ones that are going to be available.
          This is more reason to sign at least one O-Lineman in FA which will give us some breathing room to utilize the 1st round pick on the best available QB, RB, or O-Lineman that lands to us.

I like your option of getting a fat boy such as Corey Williams from the Pack.

I'd also like the option to get any of these lineman to help us out.

OT - Max Starks - Pitt
          OT- Travelle Wharton - Carolina

OG- Jake Scott - Indy
          OG- Ryan Lilja - Indy

Comment

No to Indy lineman. They always go elsewhere and absolutely fail. It's the system. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
              This is more reason to sign at least one O-Lineman in FA which will give us some breathing room to utilize the 1st round pick on the best available QB, RB, or O-Lineman that lands to us.

I like your option of getting a fat boy such as Corey Williams from the Pack.

I'd also like the option to get any of these lineman to help us out.

OT - Max Starks - Pitt
              OT- Travelle Wharton - Carolina

OG- Jake Scott - Indy
              OG- Ryan Lilja - Indy
              We will have to overpay drastically for any of those 4.

sig by VLS
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
              I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                OG- Jake Scott - Indy
                OG- Ryan Lilja - Indy
                indy linemen are are like denver linemen.

neither of which we want. silly.

the cap room is a good thing though... hopefully we'll be able to take some from walkers HUGE 5mil contract back...

keeping briggs is paramount...
                berrian is less so. as good as i think he is... we can't overpay him... period. if we can keep his contract down by keeping him in chicago, we we should take it...
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information