NFL Draft 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft 2007

Who are some guys that you are hoping that we draft?

With the sudden 4.47 40 by Greg Olson, I now wouldnt mind him in round 1, but also, I believe we could pick up someone in rounds 3-5 at TE also.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    Who are some guys that you are hoping that we draft?

With the sudden 4.47 40 by Greg Olson, I now wouldnt mind him in round 1, but also, I believe we could pick up someone in rounds 3-5 at TE also.
    I don't really want Greg Olson cause of his inability to block, and I'm perfectly fine with Clark or a later round TE.

I know this probably won't happen, but since Dwayne Jarret supposedly ran a 4.7 that would be awesome if fell to us at 31.

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

yeah, if Jarret or Bowe fell to us, and JA didnt take one of them, I would be mad. What about Mcheam also? Would he be worth a 31st?

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I have been thinking of a draft like this

1-Michael Griffin SS
        2-Kareem Brown DT
        3-Doug Datish OG
        4-Ben Patrick TE or RB if Jones is traded
        5-Jacoby Jones WR
        6-BPA
        7-BPA

If Griffin isn't their then I think they should go OL in the first or trade down into the second and get another pick and take an OL and then with their second round pick take Wendling.

Comment

Originally posted by blkwdw13 View Post
          I have been thinking of a draft like this

1-Michael Griffin SS
          2-Kareem Brown DT
          3-Doug Datish OG
          4-Ben Patrick TE or RB if Jones is traded
          5-Jacoby Jones WR
          6-BPA
          7-BPA

If Griffin isn't their then I think they should go OL in the first or trade down into the second and get another pick and take an OL and then with their second round pick take Wendling.
          I love the Michael Griffen pick. I don't like your second round choice, why would we need another unproven DT? I don't really know much about the other prospects but those positions seem right.

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

1. OT: Levi Brown- A Pipe dream.1st TU
            Arron Sears-A versatile guy. 1st
            Joe Staley-A athletic tackle.1st
            Tony Ugoh-A guy with LT possibility1st, maybe 2nd
            Ryan Harris- Athletic tackle-2nd-3rd
            Doug Free- Local product 3rd-4th

2. OG: Justin Blalock-one of the best run blockers 1st-2nd
            Ben Grubbs-Great upside, good program1st-2nd
            Josh Beekman-good size 2nd
            Manuel Ramirez- a hard worker whos good at the poa. 2nd-3rd
            Mike Jones-good upside 3rd-4th

3. S: Michael Griffin- If he falls it will be because of #s. 1st TU
            Eric Weddle- A playmaker that really is a tweener. 2nd
            John Wendling- A guy who could be a steal. 2nd
            Aaron Rouse- Might be a linebacker but solid skills 2nd
            Michael Johnson-Not a speed demon, but neither is Mike Brown 3rd-4th

4. OLB: Pozlusny- Another guy who might fall due to #s. 1st TU
            Jon Beason-Very quick lber 2nd
            Earl Everett- another very athletic backer 2nd
            Rufus Alexander- a backer who comes from a program we like 2nd
            Justin Durant- Doesnt disengage well but a solid athlete 3rd

5. TE: Greg Olsen-A smooth athlete with good hands 1st-2nd
            Zach Miller- all around solid player but cant stretch the field 2nd
            Ben Patrick- a guy with good hands but not a speed threat 3rd-4th
            Scott Chandler- a solid athlete that has alot of upside 3rd-4th

6. WR: Jason Hill-A guy who could compete with Bradley or might be a Bradley clone.-2nd-early 3rd
            Paul Williams- a guy with great physical tools but an underachiever 3rd
            Rhema McKnight- a great blocker who will be an asset in the run game 4th
            Steve Smith-a good route runner with reliable hands, not the best character 4th-5th
            Jacoby Jones-a guy I know nothing about 4th-5th
            Jarret Hicks- a guy whos been productive but might be a product of the system 4th-6th
            Laurent Robinson- a sleeper who could become special 5th
            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

DT is definately a need.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                DT is definately a need.
                How? Tommie is coming back, we've got Tank and Dusty.

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

Smokey..I hope you remember why I wanted Jason Hill. This combine only adds to why I wanted him. He was good even without his 40 time.

Comment

Originally posted by RexGrossmans-cheesecake View Post
                    How? Tommie is coming back, we've got Tank and Dusty.
                    All three of those players have question marks surrounding them.

Will Tommie come back to full strength?

Is Tank Johnson a long-term answer? (Actually no, he's not. I'll answer that question for you)

What is the status of Dusty? Currently he's a complete unknown.

Not to mention that there currently is no backup to Tommie. Unless you count Idonije as a DT.

Comment

First Round Pick 31-Michael Griffin, Safety, Texas. A solid, hard hitting impact safety. With Mike Brown's future with the organization in doubt adding a gifted strong safety certainly sounds like a good idea. Griffin can platoon with Brown, and Manning, until Brown either gets injured or Mike Brown leaves the team.

Second Round Pick 63-Rufus Alexander, Outside Linebacker, Oklahoma. With Briggs seeking a trade, and a long term deal no where in site the Bears chose to draft his replacement. He keeps the Sooner streak alive, and can take over for Briggs if he leaves this year or next.

Third Round Pick 95-James Marten, Offensive Tackle, Boston College. Another Boston College OT, are you kidding me? Nope Marten showed he has the athleticism to possibly play Left Tackle in the pros, and if he can't we have a solid right tackle on our hands.

Fourth Rounder (Acquired in trade for Thomas Jones)-Brandon Jackson, Running Back, Nebraska. We trade Jones and pick another running back? With the prominence of the two back system Jackson can provide similar services to Thomas Jones, in spelling and rotating with Cedric Benson.

Fourth Round Pick 127-Allen Barbre ,Offensive Lineman, Missouri Southern St. Showed off some serious wheels for a fat man at the combine. He'll probably go higher than this because of it, but with a year or two in teh system to beef up he can replace Ruben Guard at left guard. His athleticism is a plus, because we run several powers and traps with the backside guard pulling.

Fifth Round Pick 159-Jacoby Jones, Wide Receiver, Lane. He Might not be here at this point, but this where his stock is at right now. He'll be able to step in and add another possession receiver to the mix, and he's still pretty fast.

Sixth Round Pick 191-Antonio Johnson, Defensive Tackle, Mississippi St. We just hired his defensive line coach for the same position. He provides depth to the rotational and can keep learning under his current coach.

Seventh Round Pick 195-Chase Pittman, Defensive End, LSU. Another name in the hat at defensive end, might be able to slide into UT in a pinch.

Seventh Round Pick 223-DeMontae Fitzgerald.

sig by VLS
                      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      I don't care...

Comment

I like your mock.

It's also worth noting in a recent interview Angelo stated that the team was seriously looking into movie Danieal Manning to cornerback. Obviously if this does happen I think it will be a gradual move, most likely in 2007 when either Tillman or Vasher (hopefully not both) depart.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          I like your mock.

It's also worth noting in a recent interview Angelo stated that the team was seriously looking into movie Danieal Manning to cornerback. Obviously if this does happen I think it will be a gradual move, most likely in 2007 when either Tillman or Vasher (hopefully not both) depart.
                          Who would play Free Safety? Harris? A draftee? I think they should just let Manning mature at free safety.

sig by VLS
                          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                          I don't care...

Comment

I would be happy with griffin if he fell to us...I would be ecstatic if Poz fell to us ...and depending on who is available at our pick I really like jason hill

also...even though DT is somewhat of a need I think we could still draft a short term filler at DT in later rounds than 1-2...and I will throw bows if we take a TE in the 1st, even if it is the quick footed Olsen...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                              First Round Pick 31-Michael Griffin, Safety, Texas. A solid, hard hitting impact safety. With Mike Brown's future with the organization in doubt adding a gifted strong safety certainly sounds like a good idea. Griffin can platoon with Brown, and Manning, until Brown either gets injured or Mike Brown leaves the team.

Second Round Pick 63-Rufus Alexander, Outside Linebacker, Oklahoma. With Briggs seeking a trade, and a long term deal no where in site the Bears chose to draft his replacement. He keeps the Sooner streak alive, and can take over for Briggs if he leaves this year or next.

Third Round Pick 95-James Marten, Offensive Tackle, Boston College. Another Boston College OT, are you kidding me? Nope Marten showed he has the athleticism to possibly play Left Tackle in the pros, and if he can't we have a solid right tackle on our hands.

Fourth Rounder (Acquired in trade for Thomas Jones)-Brandon Jackson, Running Back, Nebraska. We trade Jones and pick another running back? With the prominence of the two back system Jackson can provide similar services to Thomas Jones, in spelling and rotating with Cedric Benson.

Fourth Round Pick 127-Allen Barbre ,Offensive Lineman, Missouri Southern St. Showed off some serious wheels for a fat man at the combine. He'll probably go higher than this because of it, but with a year or two in teh system to beef up he can replace Ruben Guard at left guard. His athleticism is a plus, because we run several powers and traps with the backside guard pulling.

Fifth Round Pick 159-Jacoby Jones, Wide Receiver, Lane. He Might not be here at this point, but this where his stock is at right now. He'll be able to step in and add another possession receiver to the mix, and he's still pretty fast.

Sixth Round Pick 191-Antonio Johnson, Defensive Tackle, Mississippi St. We just hired his defensive line coach for the same position. He provides depth to the rotational and can keep learning under his current coach.

Seventh Round Pick 195-Chase Pittman, Defensive End, LSU. Another name in the hat at defensive end, might be able to slide into UT in a pinch.

Seventh Round Pick 223-DeMontae Fitzgerald.
                              I personally love the 7th Rounder.

I like the Mock. And actually, I think after the combine is over with, Rufus' stock goes up, so I could see us grabbing him in the 2nd.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information