thoughts on edgerrin james?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on edgerrin james?

over scotts past few mocks, hes commented that the cards are unhappy with edge and having them draft a RB in round 1 pretty much cements that theres, at least on some level, some uphappiness there for sure.

now im not suggesting that we trade.....anything....for him, because hes contract is pretty massive for the mileage on his tires, but lets just assume the cards cant find a trade for him and they do pick up a replacement for him. lets say he gets cut after some time on the trading block then...

now what would you guys think about bringing him in as a complement/competition to/for benson?

i imagine no ones going to throw huge huge money at him and he does have some mileage, but with the only other FA backs who are decent being turner and fargas, and theyre prolly going to get a good deal of money, what would you think of picking up edge?

sure sure, the draft is deep at RB, but all things considered, its too early to give up on benson, the same goes for wolfe seeing as how he was just taken in the third round last year, and AP is a special teams beast when hes not busy running the ball.....so who would you like to displace out of those 3 with a high draft pick rookie? i know RB isnt a position that takes a long time to adjust to the nfl, but wouldnt a competent vet added to that trio be more effective sooner?

thoughts???

plain and simple... no.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      plain and simple... no.
      are you so sure? if hes cut, hed probably be much cheaper than turner or fargas and has proven much more than other FA's to be like foster, brown, etc.

that and, he wouldnt cost a draft pick

Comment

okay, maybe, but only if he is dirt cheap... Someone that has gotten me very intrigued recently is Tashard Choice. I would not mind him at all in the late 3rd/early 4th.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

okay, maybe, but only if he is dirt cheap... Someone that has gotten me very intrigued recently is Tashard Choice. I would not mind him at all in the late 3rd/early 4th.
          i agree. ive liked this guy since i watched him completely destroy Arkansas in their bowl game.

Comment

why would we be pointing to a mid round pick as the answer to fix our game?

i mean. don't get me wrong, i like choice.
            and i think, this could be an interesting setup, but then we'd have no running threat.
            again.

so we'd have to pull in a 'good' back, maybe in FA, but then we'd have Benson, FA back, Choice, Wolfe, Peterson, plus 2 fb's. seven in the backfield. not my ideal situation to go into a season.

i really want to see what wolfe has done this season. what wolfe does, scarily enough will probably determine what we do with any running back acquisitions.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post

and i think, this could be an interesting setup, but then we'd have no running threat.
              again.

so we'd have to pull in a 'good' back, maybe in FA, but then we'd have Benson, FA back, Choice, Wolfe, Peterson, plus 2 fb's. seven in the backfield. not my ideal situation to go into a season.

i really want to see what wolfe has done this season. what wolfe does, scarily enough will probably determine what we do with any running back acquisitions.
              like i said, i think the 3 backs on the roster right now will remain there. its too early to give up on benson and wolfe and AP is decent for a drive or two per game and hes a special teams beast.

any back added to that, like a FA, i think would become the true backup to benson and would probably split carries with him somehting like 60-30 with another 10% going to AP/wolfe in situational roles

Comment

I don't think Choice will be available at that point.

I also don't think James will get cut, but if he does I'd certainly consider it

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

James reminds me of the Ahman Green situation the Packers had last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                    James reminds me of the Ahman Green situation the Packers had last year.
                    last year as in 2 years ago where he came back to top 10 runner form or last year as in just this past season where he went to houston and got hurt early and often?

cause i could really see edge revitalizing himself in a 2 back system. itll minimize further wear and tear and if hes even half of what he used to be he could strike some fear into defenses trying to prepare for him and a few other backs

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post

again.

I think Choice would be a good selection but I can't say he's going to be the same caliber of rookie as Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall. Then again I could be wrong. In all honesty I think the best selection at RB for us would be either getting a top end FA or drafting a RB no later than the 2nd rnd. I'm hoping on RB in the 1st but who knows with Angelo's method of drafting. As we all know with him anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        last year as in 2 years ago where he came back to top 10 runner form or last year as in just this past season where he went to houston and got hurt early and often?

cause i could really see edge revitalizing himself in a 2 back system. itll minimize further wear and tear and if hes even half of what he used to be he could strike some fear into defenses trying to prepare for him and a few other backs
                        As much as I wouldn't mind edge we have enough money tied in to Benson to bring him as another cap hit with marginal performance as a part-time back. If we're going to pay anything remotely close to what Benson is making it should be in hopes of ridding ourselves of this headache of a runningback. If we can wait the FA and see if Turners price goes down due to the number of rb's teams can select in the draft I say take at him or Derrick Ward. If not I think selecting a back in the 1st or 2nd round would be another way to go (and my preferred option).

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                          As much as I wouldn't mind edge we have enough money tied in to Benson to bring him as another cap hit with marginal performance as a part-time back. If we're going to pay anything remotely close to what Benson is making it should be in hopes of ridding ourselves of this headache of a runningback. If we can wait the FA and see if Turners price goes down due to the number of rb's teams can select in the draft I say take at him or Derrick Ward. If not I think selecting a back in the 1st or 2nd round would be another way to go (and my preferred option).
                          derrick ward? sure he filled in a little this season.....but id want a back with proven long term production if its a FA

Comment

Why? Runningback is a position of "what have you done for me lately" more than any other position in the NFL, mostly due to rapid depreciation in talent. I could care less what a runningback used to be able to do, if that was the case Edge wouldn't be a candidate to lose his job right now.

After more thoughtful consideration I don't like the move. I don't consider us a Superbowl team next year, so adding veteran backups (see Darwin Walker-another move I hated last year) would be a step in the wrong direction.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Why? Runningback is a position of "what have you done for me lately" more than any other position in the NFL, mostly due to rapid depreciation in talent. I could care less what a runningback used to be able to do, if that was the case Edge wouldn't be a candidate to lose his job right now.

After more thoughtful consideration I don't like the move. I don't consider us a Superbowl team next year, so adding veteran backups (see Darwin Walker-another move I hated last year) would be a step in the wrong direction.
                              this is the NFC we're talking about. we beat the packers both times we played them this past year showing that the division is at least winable.

plus....NFC.....EN EFF SEE

no pats, no colts, no chargers....

i mean hell, the GIANTS just won the superbowl. the giants led by eli manning.

a healthy defense should put us well in position for the division, and if the offense can produce...anything....well, nothing is out of the question

im still of the mindset that id like to see KO ge this shot at QB, bring in a new WR depending on the berrian situation, and revamp the oline in FA and teh draft. give a healthy benson one more crack at it. whats the worst that could happen?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information