X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo looking at FA O-Lineman?

Bears | Team looking at Faneca
    Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:22:06 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears might have an interest in signing Pittsburgh Steelers OG Alan Faneca, who is scheduled to become a free agent this offseason.

Could it be??..Angelo running from O-Lineman in the draft yet again? ..NOWAY..lol

On another note I thought this was a good read. I'm hoping this comes to truth.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...ear13a.article

ewww no, i dont like that they were talking about fred miller positively....hes gotta go. i dont care what he played through....

as for faneca, hes not going to be cheap. and in the main thread, i said about how i dont like the idea of just bringing in another group of 30+ vets for another run. lets infuse some young talent on offense to match our defense and be a team that can be set for years to come

i do like that that mentioned drafting an OT high though...williams or otah would look sweet replacing miller on that right side short term. if they go that direction, i would concede one old FA guard to play next to them

Comment

I really hope we cut Darwin Walker. With his 6.5mil cap hit next year gone we could at least Tag Berrian. I'm all for Marty Booker coming back and replacing Moose, I think he could still be a solid #2 for another year or 2.

Comment

I believe he wants to Sign a Vet and draft some OL later on, the OL Depth this year is good

Comment

I'd be fine with Booker coming back, at the right price. I assume that might lead to Muhammad getting cut. Now, if signing Booker means that we let Berrian go, then no. But if we can keep both and cut Muhammad, I'd be fine with that.

I'd rather not on Faneca, although if that makes Angelo feel more comfortable about drafting one OT early, then okay. Woudl rather pursue a Wahle.

Comment

Faneca would be fine for a couple years, but I'd rather go after Starks.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              Faneca would be fine for a couple years, but I'd rather go after Starks.
              We would be in the same predicament that we are in this year, boo to Faneca.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

if i cant count on a guy for a decade, then hes not worth signing to a huge deal with tens of millions in bonuses. and thats what it would take to get faneca.

id rather go with starks too. i view tackle as a more vital position anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                  We would be in the same predicament that we are in this year, boo to Faneca.
                  Faneca has at least 5 good seasons still in his future. And he should be able to play up to a pro bowl caliber for at least 2-3 more seasons.

However, Starks could be our RT for the next 10 years.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    if i cant count on a guy for a decade, then hes not worth signing to a huge deal with tens of millions in bonuses. and thats what it would take to get faneca.

id rather go with starks too. i view tackle as a more vital position anyway...
                    A decade? Are you kidding me? You can't count on the fact that the earth won't explode in a decade.

Most deals are structured in ways that if you can get 3-4 years out of value out of them you've done well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      A decade? Are you kidding me? You can't count on the fact that the earth won't explode in a decade.

Most deals are structured in ways that if you can get 3-4 years out of value out of them you've done well.
                      well if you go into that negatively....jeez

you prepare for the worst but you always hope for the best. and the best would be younger guys in thier mid 20s who you can sign for a few years, have them work out well, and sign them to more on top of that after theyve proven themselves.

sure it doesnt happen much, but thats the ideal. and to just give up and say "hey, lets sign another batch of reuben browns and fred millers and have them play well for a year or two and then cut them" well....its insane

Comment

Want to fix the running game?

Sign Faneca.
                        Release Miller.

C - Kreutz
                        LG - Faneca
                        RG - Garza/Beekman
                        LT - John Tait
                        RT - Jeff Otah [first round]

Tait probably can handle the left side for another year.. Otah after a year of coaching should be able to handle the left side. Move Tait to the right side when he's ready.

As for Starks.. Our RT for the next 10 years? What? He started 4 games all year for Pittsburgh.. You have a lot of confidence in him and I'm not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                          Want to fix the running game?

Sign Faneca.
                          Release Miller.

C - Kreutz
                          LG - Faneca
                          RG - Garza/Beekman
                          LT - John Tait
                          RT - Jeff Otah [first round]

Tait probably can handle the left side for another year.. Otah after a year of coaching should be able to handle the left side. Move Tait to the right side when he's ready.

As for Starks.. Our RT for the next 10 years? What? He started 4 games all year for Pittsburgh.. You have a lot of confidence in him and I'm not sure why.
                          if faneca wouldnt cost so much id accept that.....hes just going to be crazily expensive

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            I'd be fine with Booker coming back, at the right price. I assume that might lead to Muhammad getting cut. Now, if signing Booker means that we let Berrian go, then no. But if we can keep both and cut Muhammad, I'd be fine with that.

I'd rather not on Faneca, although if that makes Angelo feel more comfortable about drafting one OT early, then okay. Woudl rather pursue a Wahle.
                            While I agree toons but you know as well as I do that JA's history is rearing its ugly head YET AGAIN. Will he finally go O-Line or will he tinker with vets to get the position taken care of...that is the magical question. I'm hoping Booker comes back with Muhammad getting the boot. He's not a bad WR but IMO Booker is a wr that should have never left this franchise in the first place. He will be welcomed with open arms back in Chicago. I think JA will go OT in the draft but again...as much as I wouldn't mind it JA just doesn't DO IT. I'm preferring RB in the 1st as stated and O-Line 2nd or 3rd.

Comment

just because JA doesnt do something doesnt mean im ok with it. id like to get a franchise OT....

since that seems unlikely, i would like to see a trade down to get devin thomas. get a WR who had stud potential

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information