• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose snipped - ABrown extended(2yrs)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Good and Good.

Will Moose come back for cheap?

Huh...the extension of Brown is a bit of a suprise. Dan Bazuin is going to end up being a rather sorry draft pick I'm afraid. He's clearly fourth on the depth chart and will have a hard time even getting activated on gameday.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

It was a really questionable pick at the time and now just looks horrible. I didn't get it and now I really don't.

Bazuin won't sniff the field next year.

Comment

Schefter also reports that the Bears are expected to release two other veteran players on Monday.

Darwin Walker & Fred Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
          Schefter also reports that the Bears are expected to release two other veteran players on Monday.

Darwin Walker & Fred Miller?
          One can only hope that these 2 r next. Hopefully they can add Archuleta to that list also.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
            It was a really questionable pick at the time and now just looks horrible. I didn't get it and now I really don't.

Bazuin won't sniff the field next year.
            Well I think the logic was that they were going to trade Alex Brown, which never materialized. I think Bazuin is a good player and a great fit for our defense. I can understand the pick standing by itself, but in the context of our current roster I think it's going to be a waste.

At least we've got very good depth at an important position.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
              One can only hope that these 2 r next. Hopefully they can add Archuleta to that list also.
              Archuleta costs the vet minimum against the cap for next season, so there's no reason to cut him now. I think he'll get invited to training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Archuleta costs the vet minimum against the cap for next season, so there's no reason to cut him now. I think he'll get invited to training camp.
                Thats fine as long as June 1st he's getting his walking papers.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                  Thats fine as long as June 1st he's getting his walking papers.
                  That doesn't make any sense either. Why June 1st?

Look, Arch has all of his money already paid to him, almost entirely by the Redskins. He's not going to cost anything next year so the only reason why we would cut him is because he can't play anymore (similar to Moose). Cutting him now, or June, or September isn't going to make any difference.

I think Arch could still be a really good contributor on special teams with his athleticism, which is why I think he'll be given a chance to make the team in training camp.

Comment

yeah if arch is at the minimum, theres no reason to cut him. hes experienced with good leadership even if his on field play has diminished....

ill bet the next two vets are miller and walker as well. put me in for 20 on that, lol.

as for bazuin, maybe it wont be a waste. remember last year, until kiwanuka got hurt, the giants were using 4 ends pretty successfully. either rotating them or putting them all in on passing downs. why can we bring something like that to use?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      yeah if arch is at the minimum, theres no reason to cut him. hes experienced with good leadership even if his on field play has diminished....

ill bet the next two vets are miller and walker as well. put me in for 20 on that, lol.

as for bazuin, maybe it wont be a waste. remember last year, until kiwanuka got hurt, the giants were using 4 ends pretty successfully. either rotating them or putting them all in on passing downs. why can we bring something like that to use?
                      Yeah that would be great, if we had as quality of 4 DE's they had. Bazuin is still an unknown. Anderson is pretty proven as only quality on passing situations. Let's hope we can do that and all players get up to their best level.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                        Yeah that would be great, if we had as quality of 4 DE's they had. Bazuin is still an unknown. Anderson is pretty proven as only quality on passing situations. Let's hope we can do that and all players get up to their best level.
                        that would be nice. i think brown might be better all around than anderson and should probably be in there on non-passing downs instead....i know at least at the beggining of the year it wasnt like that

Comment

cutting Archuletta would save us close to $700,000... So there is no need to cut him right away.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                            cutting Archuletta would save us close to $700,000... So there is no need to cut him right away.
                            i think a guy who is an athletic freak, can play good special teams and can help mentor younger safeties is a bargain for just 700k

Comment

The only real issues is there is a glut of unproven strong safties on our team. We've already got McGowan and Kevin Payne, and may bring in someone else to compete too. Then again we need someone to compete with/provide depth for Danieal Manning just as much, so maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information