No announcement yet.

If I was Ron Turner....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still wouldn't rule out Flacco moving to the mid-first overall. That said, yeah, the chances are that he's more the Jason Campbell of this draft than say, the Jay Cutler of this draft. That is, a toolsy QB that has some questions, but may intrigue someone in the late first. I just question if Angelo would make the move up into the late first. It'd be a steep price. If we have to take a QB in the mid-first, assuming Ryan is off, that's my preference, as I honestly could care less for Brohm and Henne (between the two, I'd take Brohm ... ).

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      If we resign Grossman, I think that would officially eliminate QB for this year... at least on the first day. However, if we don't, I could see us perhaps trading up into the later part of round 1 and drafting Flacco.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I go to college with his son. he's in my company and I talk to him almost every day. He got a kick out of this.

Owner of ScarDraft
        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Ask for a real quarterback.
          What do you mean?

Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

When i wrote this thread, i totally was thinking.

God. 2TE's would be so fantastic.

The thing is. Yeah, we have plenty of them right now, and it'd make fantastic sense for our offense to utilize them. But, as was said. This is ron turners offense, and he won't change philosophy.

But. motioning a tight end into the i formation wouldn't be a disaster (if say, john gilmore or fontel mines could lead block on occasion), in fact, i think it'd throw people off, especially in the passing game. mckie is fine for some occasions, but i think we can run out of the 2TE set.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              When i wrote this thread, i totally was thinking.

God. 2TE's would be so fantastic.

The thing is. Yeah, we have plenty of them right now, and it'd make fantastic sense for our offense to utilize them. But, as was said. This is ron turners offense, and he won't change philosophy.

But. motioning a tight end into the i formation wouldn't be a disaster (if say, john gilmore or fontel mines could lead block on occasion), in fact, i think it'd throw people off, especially in the passing game. mckie is fine for some occasions, but i think we can run out of the 2TE set.
              I could see trying to use Desmond Clark in like an H-back role. Get him back so he can block for the run game but still in for the pass.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

ideally, and i know we've ruled this out pretty much since its not his offense but, given the players we have on offense, i think we would be best off running a 2 TE, 2 speed WR's on the outside, and a single back who can hit a hole and go.

and everything there works except benson probably isnt that player....

i know it sounds dumb now but my favorite 2 players from that draft were caddy and .....sigh.....mike williams.

if we had williams, at least wed know hes terrible and hed be gone already and we could hav emoved on. if we had caddy, and i know hes hurt pretty badly now, but maybe that wouldnt have happened here. hard to say, but he was better than benson before his injuries started creeping in

anyway, getting out of the past, i read an article the other night on PFT about how theres a strong possibility that no QBs will be taken in the first 20 picks.

now, i know people are usually split on the believeablity of PFT but i really like it and ill take him being wrong now and again if he gets correct news out 90% of the time days or sometimes weeks before the "real" media.

but i think that would be real interesting to have no QB's taken. i wouldnt be against it, though if ryans sitting there at 14.....ill be a nervous wreck. i wouldnt want to be around me watching that

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  I could see trying to use Desmond Clark in like an H-back role. Get him back so he can block for the run game but still in for the pass.
                  i could see des clark in that role, i wouldn't peg him as first choice for that role, but on power i's he does block very well and has terrific effort.

i'd prefer to see whoever at fb catch more balls though. find someone with decently soft hands.

BUT

if we pick up michael turner, i would feel quite a bit more comfortable using him out of the single back. ah. it gives us options. tons of them.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    i could see des clark in that role, i wouldn't peg him as first choice for that role, but on power i's he does block very well and has terrific effort.

i'd prefer to see whoever at fb catch more balls though. find someone with decently soft hands.

BUT

if we pick up michael turner, i would feel quite a bit more comfortable using him out of the single back. ah. it gives us options. tons of them.
                    ah, that would be very nice. we certainly have teh cap room now....(i think we did before too for that matter)

but it seems unlikely.

now, what if we took stewart/mendenhall in round 1? how does either of those guys project to running out of the singleback?

Comment

I think it's all but a guarantee that we'll take an offensive tackle in the 1st round. The Bears are usually pretty predictable, and everything that's happened and everything they've said almost locks them into Clady, Otah, Williams, or Cherilus.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        I think it's all but a guarantee that we'll take an offensive tackle in the 1st round. The Bears are usually pretty predictable, and everything that's happened and everything they've said almost locks them into Clady, Otah, Williams, or Cherilus.
                        hmm...out of those 4...

i think, as things stand now, clady will be gone (could go as early as 5 to KC depending on what atlanta does) and cherilus might be a bit of a reach since hes most likely a RT only in the nfl.

id be fine with either otah or williams though. im not sure who id prefer just yet though....

williams could plug in immediately at LT, or go to the right side if he cant beat out tait. otah would probably need to spend at least a year at RT though, but would probably be better at his spot initially.

idk but right now id be real happy with either

Comment

mid round single back picks. go!

too bad it's not gonna be jonathan stewart.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information