FA signings that impact us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA signings that impact us

well, the fins jumped on smiley. so theres one guard gone that we may have been looking at

link: http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/defau...m=1036034&mode

with everything thats been going on in the past few days this is starting to look like a very ugly offseason for us.../sigh

Comment

Haha..lets not get too depressed about Justin Smiley.

I really doubt we were targeting him anyway. He's pretty much strictly a right guard, which is where he will play in Miami.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

i know, that was just a general statement about my feeling of our preceived lack of will/want to go after what we need

Comment

again, not a guy we were probably looking at but OT kwame harris is a raider now too...

Comment

How do you guys feel about SS-Gibril Wilson? I would really like for us to make an honest effort at him so that way we don't have to make Safety as much of a need come draft time. Right now we're in a situation where we could use 2 draftee's at the position instead of 1. I'm really hoping we make a splash at him. I'm hoping Briggs doesn't get the love he thought he would making him sign with us..lol

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
              How do you guys feel about SS-Gibril Wilson? I would really like for us to make an honest effort at him so that way we don't have to make Safety as much of a need come draft time. Right now we're in a situation where we could use 2 draftee's at the position instead of 1. I'm really hoping we make a splash at him. I'm hoping Briggs doesn't get the love he thought he would making him sign with us..lol
              Why do we need another SS?

I'd pick ty law over gibril wilson.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

well one safety we wont get is madeau williams, hes a viking now

Comment

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Jags have reached an agreement with Jerry Porter on a six-year deal worth $30 million, with $10 million in guaranteed money.

I never really wanted Porter, but that should set the market for D.J Hackett and Bryant Johnson. All three will likely get similar deals.

Considering we offered Berrian 5 years-25 million with 8 mil to sign, we better up the ante or be real comfortable with Hester-Bradley for next year.

Comment

aye, i wasnt looking at porter much either but theres another one gone. devery henderson is also likely to sign with tampa, so theres another WR potentially gone. one we were looking at? probably not....but nonetheless, the market goes down a little more without us doing anything

Comment

Henderson signing with Tampa would actually be great for us, as it eliminates another team looking at Berrian, Hackett, and Johnson. Same with Jacksonville really.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Henderson signing with Tampa would actually be great for us, as it eliminates another team looking at Berrian, Hackett, and Johnson. Same with Jacksonville really.
                        very true though i think berrian is going to be a viking. the owner wilf did the whole pick him up in his personal plane and barricade him there ive read. so who knows but that seems like a bad sign.....

out of those other 2 though, who do you prefer? i think hackett might not be a bad addition but i think washington might be trying pool some resources to grab him since his position coach is the HC there now.

we might be stuck with the leftover johnson....eh. might be alright but i kind of wonder if we wouldnt get eh same potential (and cheaper) if we just tried going with hester/bradley/davis/first 3 round rookie

Comment

I've let it be known I prefer Hackett to Johnson.

Both have been limited exposure because of the people playing in front of them, but I think Hackett gives better upside. I look at Johnson and see a career #2/#3 tweener. Hackett is probably in that mold too, but could be a more dynamic starter if given the opportuity.

I also am pretty sure the Vikes will sign Berrian. I'm hoping that JA can at least jake the price up on them though. The Vikings have a history of drastically overpaying for people.

Comment

aye, raising the price a little would be smart since its also a division rival and all...

also, dont know if any of these affect us but the dolphins signed reggie torbor, ernest wilford and randy starks. so theres a WR and DT gone now too

Comment

Anyone heard about any disgruntled receivers wanted to be traded? lol it looks like if we want a half-way decent one itll be drafted or traded for at this rate.

on a side note, 1 3rd and 5th for Shaun Rogers. I wonder if itll take a 2nd and 5th for Stroud then?
                              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information