• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think stroud would be any good for us

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
      I dont think stroud would be any good for us
      i was just asking if that would be the price. I dont think we need him, but is that what it takes to get him about? Im just wondering if his value is higher than Rogers.
      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
        i was just asking if that would be the price. I dont think we need him, but is that what it takes to get him about? Im just wondering if his value is higher than Rogers.
        idk, id say it would be similar though. maybe a 3rd and a condition 4/5 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          idk, id say it would be similar though. maybe a 3rd and a condition 4/5 or something.
          I would rather select someone who doesn't like to ***** everytime contract time rolls around. Here's an update on someone I was hoping we'd take a look at.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008...h_wr.html#more

Comment

I love how the Bears are trying to cover face by telling anyone that will listen that activity in FA doesn't equal winning.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4427

To Jerry's credit he's been saying the same thing since he took over, and he's right, but it's funny because they are clearly anticipating their fan base being pissed off about not signing Faneca and not resigning their own players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
              I would rather select someone who doesn't like to ***** everytime contract time rolls around. Here's an update on someone I was hoping we'd take a look at.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008...h_wr.html#more
              wait, i wasnt saying i wanted stroud, i was just answering his question as to what it would probably take to land stroud.

anyway, we've been discussing johnson over in the other thread. my opinion is mixed, idk if its worth paying him a lot since he might not actually be that much better than what we would go in with anyway

also, anyone who wanted us to get gibril wilson is SoL. he just signed with the raiders for something in the ball park of 6 years 39 mil

Comment

Let's say the Bears give Johnson the same contract they offered Berrian (5-25 with 8 mil guaranteed).

I think that would be a great deal for both sides honestly. It's slightly less than what the Jags gave Jerry Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Let's say the Bears give Johnson the same contract they offered Berrian (5-25 with 8 mil guaranteed).

I think that would be a great deal for both sides honestly. It's slightly less than what the Jags gave Jerry Porter.
                  I'm hoping we don't give Johnson anything NEAR what they offered Berrian. I won't be mad if they do but he hasn't proven what Berrian has. I know he's capable of it but he hasn't put up the number to warrant that type of pay. I'm hoping we can get a good deal on him personally. With the way this FA has gone sofar we may end up paying out the a__.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    wait, i wasnt saying i wanted stroud, i was just answering his question as to what it would probably take to land stroud.

anyway, we've been discussing johnson over in the other thread. my opinion is mixed, idk if its worth paying him a lot since he might not actually be that much better than what we would go in with anyway

also, anyone who wanted us to get gibril wilson is SoL. he just signed with the raiders for something in the ball park of 6 years 39 mil
                    It was probably me...well that burns. lol

Comment

The offer we gave to Berrian is a ******* joke. He'll likely get twice that.

Honestly it's embaressing how cheap the Bears are sometimes.

8 mil to sign is a good deal for Johnson. Look around at the market. Justin Smiley got 9 mil and he's a mediocre guard.

Comment

VOLEK STAYS PUT

A strong performance in the AFC divisional round against the Colts wasn't enough to get Chargers quarterback Billy Volek any big offers in free agency.

And so he'll stay with the Bolts, with a three year deal.

"This is a great team," Volek told the San Diego Union Tribune.

Volek reportedly drew interest from the Bears, Vikings, Raiders, and Bills.
                        looks like we were interested in volek at one point....im a little glad that didnt happen

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                          Why do we need another SS?

I'd pick ty law over gibril wilson.
                          I have the above question about cornerbacks. Tillman, Vasher, & RMJ are one of the best starting/nickel trios and McBride showed promise as a rookie.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

aq is going under the false notion that ty law can play safety in our defense.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                              I have the above question about cornerbacks. Tillman, Vasher, & RMJ are one of the best starting/nickel trios and McBride showed promise as a rookie.
                              i....agree? im not sure what the question is but that is a pretty nice group of corners

Comment

looks like beefalo is bringing in bryant johnson for a visit. this is what i meant earlier in that if we want any of these guys, we at least need to get off our asses and start talking to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information