Happy trails Griese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy trails Griese

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3275070 to the bucs for a draft pick.
    this is the year!

only a matter of time.

6th round?
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

rumor is that it's for 2009 draft, so nothing to care about right now...but I'm glad we got someone to give us a draft pick for him

Comment

It's a really bad move to get rid of him, he was our best QB last year, and is a much more consistent backup then Grossman.

Besides he could actually have tought Orton and whoever we bring in a thing or two.
        I don't want Grossman to try to teach anyone anything.
        Resigning Grossman was sooo stupid.
        He will probably look great in practice when he dosen't have to worry about getting hit and get a chance to start, and I don't even want to think about what that means.

Comment

We have coaches to teach.

Comment

I really like Griese as a person, his charity work and all that.

That said, he threw WAY too many interceptions last year. Too risky, too old, blah blah.

I said in the other thread that I was amazed we got something for him, even if it's a 7th rounder in 2009.

Best o' luck Brian.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by xspikex View Post
              It's a really bad move to get rid of him, he was our best QB last year, and is a much more consistent backup then Grossman.

Besides he could actually have tought Orton and whoever we bring in a thing or two.
              I don't want Grossman to try to teach anyone anything.
              Resigning Grossman was sooo stupid.
              He will probably look great in practice when he dosen't have to worry about getting hit and get a chance to start, and I don't even want to think about what that means.
              while Griese was better than Grossman, one can prolly argue that Orton was obviously our best QB...I don't necessary agree that resigning Grossman was stupid considering he still has a lot of upside and it's only a 1 year deal...the whole providing knowledge to Orton is pretty useless considering Orton has 2 years, 1 of which being a full season essentially, and the other he spent "learning" from Griese, so I don't really know how much more Griese could provide...if we bring in a rookie it will be on the first day most likely, and we expect him to compete right away...after this year, depending how Orton/Rexy do, one will be leaving and we will prolly bring in a vet QB who can then mentor the rookie...so, I don't really have any problems with this move

Comment

Buccaneers | Team acquires Griese
                Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:05:55 -0800

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Monday, March 3, that they acquired QB Brian Griese (Bears) from the Chicago Bears in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Comment

im surprised we found a trade partner. all tampa would have had to do was wait a little bit longer for us to cut him before his bonus was due....

oh well, a free late round pick. ill take it

Comment

This pretty much gaurentees that we will be drafting a quarterback. I just hope its not a day one pick since we have many other pressing needs.

Comment

day one is only through round 2 this year its going to be weird..
                      this is the year!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        I really like Griese as a person, his charity work and all that.

That said, he threw WAY too many interceptions last year. Too risky, too old, blah blah.

I said in the other thread that I was amazed we got something for him, even if it's a 7th rounder in 2009.

Best o' luck Brian.
                        Even that is in question as Griese isn't guaranteed a spot either. I am speculating that the Bucs are going to draft a QB first day this year, and that would mean Griese would have to battle it out with Simms (can he still even play?) and McCown (he actually did surprisingly well last season) for the backup spot to Garcia.

However, I believe Griese is the better of the 3, and with his experience in Chucky's offense already, I think he has a good shot at making the team.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears0530 View Post
                          day one is only through round 2 this year its going to be weird..
                          wait, what? they are only doing rounds 1 and 2 on saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by NEtimehester View Post
                            This pretty much gaurentees that we will be drafting a quarterback. I just hope its not a day one pick since we have many other pressing needs.
                            We have pressing needs, but we also need to keep the future in mind. Unless Orton or Grossman really establish themselves, we are once again left with the quarterback issue. It's unlikely we're going to answer that question past the 2nd, maybe 3rd round, so I think it has to come with at the very least our late 3rd.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I personally can't see that Grossman has any upside left. To me he's damaged goods and resigning him was a case of our FO and coaches not learning when to let go.
                              Sure he has a strong arm, but he looks scared out there, he's an injury waiting to happen, and he fails to step up into the pocket almost all the time.
                              I think it's time to give up and move on.
                              Now we won't and that's just sad.

You could easily make the case that Orton was our best QB last year, and I think he deserves every chance to start this year. However I believe we need a good backup QB, and Griese would fill that roll alot better than Grossman.

Getting a pick out of him was a good thing though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information