Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bears looking at flacco, not woodson

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...arnt07.article

dammit....oh well, flaccos still better than chad henne.

also in that article, it says the chiefs might sign away rashied davis and we wouldnt even be compensated. losing another WR is just what we need....

then again Davis could be replaced pretty easily imo

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
      then again Davis could be replaced pretty easily imo
      thats true but we really dont need to be losing any more WRs with experience

Comment

eh, not too worried about losing rashied davis. we could replace him with a rookie if we draft right.

Comment

No longer a hidden secret the Bears are seemingly interested in Flacco. However very surprised they had no one on hand for Woodson's workout.

Comment

flacco > henne

thats about the only positive i see in this

and now we have the uber-amazing brandon lloyd to replace davis. thats just wonderful.....</sarcasm>

Comment

I have a feeling Flacco will go before our 2nd pick now, and a strange/gut feeling someone will randomly take him in the late 1st...so if we take a OT first, if we go QB hopefully Brohm is still on the board in the 2nd so we don't take Henne...

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                I have a feeling Flacco will go before our 2nd pick now, and a strange/gut feeling someone will randomly take him in the late 1st...so if we take a OT first, if we go QB hopefully Brohm is still on the board in the 2nd so we don't take Henne...
                aye, agreed. though i also hope that we arent that team who trades up for flacco....hes just not worth it i think. sure hes got loads of potential but itd be all kinds of risky in the 1st. especially if we or someone has to give up a future 1st for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  aye, agreed. though i also hope that we arent that team who trades up for flacco....hes just not worth it i think. sure hes got loads of potential but itd be all kinds of risky in the 1st. especially if we or someone has to give up a future 1st for it.
                  yea I really don't see us trading up for him, mainly because the organization feels comfortable with Rex and Orton right now that we don't really need a stud rookie, more of just a want...so I don't see us trading up for flacco, more we would take him if he fell to us, and if he's gone either we take Brohm possibly if he's still there or Henne (ugh) maybe, but I'd rather us wait a couple rounds and take a QB just to add depth

Comment

Both Flacco and Woodson need work, but I would've taken Woodson's intangibles over Flacco's arm. Flacco could go by the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      yea I really don't see us trading up for him, mainly because the organization feels comfortable with Rex and Orton right now that we don't really need a stud rookie, more of just a want...so I don't see us trading up for flacco, more we would take him if he fell to us, and if he's gone either we take Brohm possibly if he's still there or Henne (ugh) maybe, but I'd rather us wait a couple rounds and take a QB just to add depth
                      i see that you being an iowa fan have probably been subjected to watching henne's not-so-goodness over the past few years...

he was an alright college QB but i dont see him doing well at all in the pros. he literally embodies everythingb ad about orton and grossman with fewer of their positives..

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                        Both Flacco and Woodson need work, but I would've taken Woodson's intangibles over Flacco's arm. Flacco could go by the first round.
                        agreed but since the bears didnt even bother to scope out woodson, that doesnt bode well for him.....

Comment

I can understand them avoiding Woodson, he's probably never going to be a WCO quarterback. I think he will succeed in the right system though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I can understand them avoiding Woodson, he's probably never going to be a WCO quarterback. I think he will succeed in the right system though.
                            is ours really west coast? i always thought it was more of a power running with vertical passing sort of thing....

Comment

That's a good point. In theory it was supposed to be a WCO. It certainly was the first time Turner was OC in the mid-90's, but it's since permutated.

I think a big reason for that is Grossman however. If you watched the Orton-Griese starts it was much more dinking and dunking. Hell I think Adrian Peterson ended up with like 50 catches.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information