Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not so positive news on Bensons progress..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be against Pelle's scenario though. Mendenhall, Cherilus, Brohm/Flacco/Henne, would be a very good first day. I would just worry that we couldn't get Cherilus at 30/31. We must get a bookend tackle.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I wouldn't be against Pelle's scenario though. Mendenhall, Cherilus, Brohm/Flacco/Henne, would be a very good first day. I would just worry that we couldn't get Cherilus at 30/31. We must get a bookend tackle.

Hey bearsfan_51

On the trade value chart what would our 2nd, and 3rd or 4th rnd pick get us trading up to the late 1st. I don't have it on me.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
        Hey bearsfan_51

On the trade value chart what would our 2nd, and 3rd or 4th rnd pick get us trading up to the late 1st. I don't have it on me.
        The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th would put us at about the 27th pick. Without the 4th rounder we're at the 31st pick. Without the 3rd rounder we're at the 36th pick.

Comment

Hell even at worst case scenario

1. Mendenhall - RB Illinois
          late 1. Cherilus - OT BC
          late 3. Drew Radovich - OG USC
          4. David Booty - QB USC
          5. DJ. Hall - WR Alabama

Comment

The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th would put us at about the 27th pick. Without the 4th rounder we're at the 31st pick. Without the 3rd rounder we're at the 36th pick.
            no these are what I was talking about

2nd, early 3rd for what overall 1st? ______
            2nd, late 3rd? ______
            2nd, 4th? _____

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
              no these are what I was talking about

2nd, early 3rd for what overall 1st? ______
              2nd, late 3rd? ______
              2nd, 4th? _____
              That's what I said. To fill in the blanks the way you have it.

27th pick. (The 2nd and early 3rd would be the same as the 2nd, late 3rd, and 4th)

31st pick.

36th pick.

Comment

That's what I said. To fill in the blanks the way you have it.

27th pick. (The 2nd and early 3rd would be the same as the 2nd, late 3rd, and 4th)

31st pick.

36th pick.
                U said 3rd but i didn't know which one you were talking about. no worries.

Comment

all this talk of trading back up and maybe down.....eh

what are the odds clady, williams, and otah are all gone? i dont think the teams in front of us really view their top need as OT like we do. that to me says that their top player would have to be gone, and i dont think a lot of the teams ahead of them would steal their players.....and yadda yadda etc etc....

i think theres a good 95% chance that at least 1 of the tackles will be there, and the way a lot of them seem rated, my favorite williams might be the leftover.

im not concerned with the first round really

Comment

If we took or #14 pick and our 3rd rounder from SD we could move up to #11 in round 1. There is a chance Clady could be there, If Clady is there I would love for us to jump in front of Denver and Carolina who both need an athletic LT. We already have traded with buffalo in the past buffalo probably would be picking the same guy they would at 11 anyway cause they seem to have **** value there and everyones happy!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      If we took or #14 pick and our 3rd rounder from SD we could move up to #11 in round 1. There is a chance Clady could be there, If Clady is there I would love for us to jump in front of Denver and Carolina who both need an athletic LT. We already have traded with buffalo in the past buffalo probably would be picking the same guy they would at 11 anyway cause they seem to have **** value there and everyones happy!
                      well, idk. im not as high on clady as some are. i think hes got a thin lower body and might have some issues with NFL run blocking.

the only way i do that though is if another OT other than long goes in the top 10. say long goes to the rams or falcons and the chiefs reach for clady or otah.

with the broncos and panthers ahead of us, they could each take the remaining tackles in that situation leaving us SoL.

so if that happens, iw ould be ok with jumping ahead of them for a gurantee on a tackle. but if only long goes, i dont think id do it because even if they each take a tackle, we would still get one

Comment

Chris Williams is a poor mans Ryan Clady imo. I think Ryan Clady is a better run blocker also and finishes blocks better.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                          Chris Williams is a poor mans Ryan Clady imo. I think Ryan Clady is a better run blocker also and finishes blocks better.
                          could be, idk. im no offensive line wizard.

but from what ive seen and heard, i personally prefer williams. theres just something about him i like a little more...versatility maybe

i dont think either would be a bad pick and id be ok with them at least

Comment

If the big 4 tackles are gone by 14 (I highly doubt the Ravens take a tackle 51), I'd probably try and get a trade down, but if we couldn't find a partner, I'd go with Brandon Albert.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                              If the big 4 tackles are gone by 14 (I highly doubt the Ravens take a tackle 51), I'd probably try and get a trade down, but if we couldn't find a partner, I'd go with Brandon Albert.
                              No probably not, but I could see it if Matt Ryan is off the board. Ogden is retired and their options to replace him are pretty meh..

Comment

The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that there is a distinct possibility that the JA is tipping his hand before the draft has started. Everyone knows that we need an OT, but JA should do his best to keep that a secret and create a lot of doubt as to what direction we'll be going in the first round. I'm hoping any information leaked from a "source" inside the Bears organization is all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information