No announcement yet.

Bears Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next years QBs are worse than this years....

Comment

I'd love to avoid Brohm like the plague, but yeah, I've got that sinking feeling that we'll end up drafting him.

We are at risk of being in a dangerous spot. Here's why. there's a decent chance that 5 OL will be off before 14. Okay, doesn't sound so bad. We'll just take someone like a mendenhall at that point.

Here's the dangerous spot. Let's say it gets to round 2. And a QB is still there. I've got the sickening feeling we'd pull the trigger on Brohm there, irrespective of which Ot's are there, but the reality is also that the OT's there might be Duane Brown, who I'm not huge on.

What happens after that? Ready OT talent falls off tremendously, and we have to go get an OT this year.

Comment

I really hope if we draft mendenhall, that we go Cherilus or 2nd Tier OL like Nicks or someone. I dont want 2 skill positions early

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          I'd love to avoid Brohm like the plague, but yeah, I've got that sinking feeling that we'll end up drafting him.

We are at risk of being in a dangerous spot. Here's why. there's a decent chance that 5 OL will be off before 14. Okay, doesn't sound so bad. We'll just take someone like a mendenhall at that point.

Here's the dangerous spot. Let's say it gets to round 2. And a QB is still there. I've got the sickening feeling we'd pull the trigger on Brohm there, irrespective of which Ot's are there, but the reality is also that the OT's there might be Duane Brown, who I'm not huge on.

What happens after that? Ready OT talent falls off tremendously, and we have to go get an OT this year.
          Duane Brown is ranked higher on the Bears board than Jeff Otah, fwi. And I feel the same way about him.

Comment

any chance we could see the board? cause im not sure if we can trust ya :/

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
              any chance we could see the board? cause im not sure if we can trust ya :/
              I don't have it.. And I haven't seen it.

I've heard from someone close to the situation that Brown, Collins, and one other name I can't remember off the top of my head (smaller school) were all ranked higher than Otah. Those names were only brought up to emphasize on how far down the board Otah really was.

I haven't seen Collins at Kansas, so I don't have an opinion on him, but I have seen Brown and would not be comfortable with him coming in early to play.

Comment

hmm so no Otah? i really hope we get someone at OL in our 2nd Round

Comment

my theory: if 2 OTs go in the top 10, i would have to think we send one of our 3rds and 14 to buffalo for 11 and guarantee ourselves the remaining OT of our choice.

we have that spare 3rd rounder for ammo and a draft trade history with buffalo, and between us are 2 teams who could easily snap up the guys we want...

Comment

I'd take Gosder over Mendenhall at #14.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Mendenhall is a better prospect than Stewart. If Shard had more game experience in college he would be easily a top 10 draft pick.

Anywho;

1st - OT (one of Albert, Williams, Otah)...If I had a choice I'd take Williams but it doesn't really matter to me

2nd - Brian Brohm

3rd - Chris Johnson (probably a pipe dream though)...Or if Kelly is still there I'd take him
                      I just dont see Brohm falling to us. Atlanta needs a QB, Miami might think Brohm is better than Beck. KC could take him. There are other teams that would probably trade up for him. If we sit at 14 in the second, I dont see us getting Brohm, Flacco maybe, but IMO definately not Brohm.
                      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

It'll be interesting how the 2nd tier Qb's shake out. A lot of people are saying that Flacco is the apple of 3-4 teams eyes, and someone might deal up mid-late first to draft him. Of course, it could just be rhetoric.

If KC decides to take a QB in the first 2 rounds, then we stand a good chance of missing out on the top 4 QB's.

Comment

I still like Erik Ainge in round 4. Ainge would be a good fit and does everything well. He would sit for a year most likely 2, but I think he can be good.
                          1. Ryan Clady OT - trade our late 3rd with buffalo at #11.
                          2. Malcolm Kelly WR
                          3. Matt Forte RB
                          4. Erik Ainge QB
                          I'd be real happy with that.

Comment

It'll be interesting how the 2nd tier Qb's shake out. A lot of people are saying that Flacco is the apple of 3-4 teams eyes, and someone might deal up mid-late first to draft him. Of course, it could just be rhetoric.

If KC decides to take a QB in the first 2 rounds, then we stand a good chance of missing out on the top 4 QB's.

unless its ryan in 1, which i think is doubtful, i just don't but them going QB early for several reasons

a.) would a 2nd round rookie QB really be an upgrade over croyle now? or for that matter, any time that herm or king carl would be around to enjoy him? if croyle doesnt pan out, that team could be looking at some big changes in its leadership by failing to win....just an idea....

b.) they have a lot of needs and a lot of holes to fill. in this draft alone, they could really use at least 2 new o-lineman capable of starting, 2 new WRs with at least one of them capable of making an impact, and a good young CB. all things they could get with their first 2 picks...

so i just don't but them going QB unless its ryan in 1, which, like i said, i find doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              [/b]

unless its ryan in 1, which i think is doubtful, i just don't but them going QB early for several reasons

a.) would a 2nd round rookie QB really be an upgrade over croyle now? or for that matter, any time that herm or king carl would be around to enjoy him? if croyle doesnt pan out, that team could be looking at some big changes in its leadership by failing to win....just an idea....

b.) they have a lot of needs and a lot of holes to fill. in this draft alone, they could really use at least 2 new o-lineman capable of starting, 2 new WRs with at least one of them capable of making an impact, and a good young CB. all things they could get with their first 2 picks...

so i just don't but them going QB unless its ryan in 1, which, like i said, i find doubtful

only 1 new WR but you're generally right. We have similar needs and ppl keep telling us we're gonna pick a QB as well. So im not quite understanding where you're going with this.

We need 2 Linemen, 1 WR capable of making an impact, and a good young RB.
                              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

There's two different argument veins for the Chiefs and QB.

If Ryan - too hard to pass up on a franchise QB, it buys the leadership time.

If a 2nd round QB - it protects them against Croyle struggling, it buys them a little bit of time, the draft is deep enough at CB and WR to wait a bit, assuming they address OL in round 1.

On a side note, I'd still watch if Baltimore makes a jump up for Ryan. There's mixed signals on that. Some suggest that they really like Ryan and would consider it. Others suggest that they like Ryan, but they also like Flacco, so they may be willing to stay put and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information