Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears looking to trade for Chargers' #27 pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears looking to trade for Chargers' #27 pick?

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forum...ad/979785.aspx
    Jeff Dickerson was on ESPN radio earlier talking about the Bears possibly looking into trading for San Diego's 1st round pick #27.....

But he didn't say if they would swap first round picks, which leads me to think the Bears would have 2 first round picks (#14 and #27)....
    Keep in mind the Chargers won't have another pick until the 5th round. Bears 44 & 70 or 90 would be enough for 27. But if the Bears plan on keeping #44, then my guess is they have to start with their '09 1st, along with this year's 3rd (SD's original #90) and 4th. To compare, in the last draft SF sent their '08 1st and '07 4th to NE, taking OT Joe Staley @ #28. However the trade was easier for NE to make because SF was still a young team, with a good chance at getting a bad record. Bears might have to give up more, being a more proven, solid team when healthy.

What do you all think of such scenario, and what could the Bears possibly be targetting?

examples:

14: OL
    27: Stewart/F. Jones/Flacco/Brohm

14: Rashard Mendenhall
    27: Gosder Cherilus/Sam Baker

If the Bears want RB first, then I could see the other first being used for tackle. What's more likely IMO, is securing the Bears future QB. At least 2 or 3 Flacco/Henne/Brohm should be there. By making this trade now, it would save the Bears 1 year of "development" time. Rex would start this year, Kyle next year if the rookie isn't ready, and 2010 the ideal time.

id love Mendenhall/Cherilus. but OL and Stewart or Flacco/brohm would be nice too. Idk but i dont like to trade up to get Jones.

Comment

Yeah I'm not feeling too hot about using all those picks on Jones either. Lovie did meet with him though, and he is a good RB so it is (unfortunately) a possibility.

I have a feeling Cherilus won't last until 27 though, I think Steelers will take him.

Comment

I heard Steelers like Groves

Comment

just to piss me off it would probably be:

14. o-line
          27. henne

but id love it to be

14. OT
          27. RB or OG or even another OT maybe

Comment

Henne's stock seems to be through the roof right now. There's no guarantee the Bears could grab him at 27. He'd look good in Chicago though, as would Flacco.

Chad Henne has the buzz right now, with Baltimore and Miami also sniffing around the late twenties looking for a trade up.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              just to piss me off it would probably be:

27. henne
              I might seriously cry. Bazuin and Okwo were bad enough!

I saw a lot of Woodson and Henne this past year, and I'd rather have Woodson late 3rd/4th over Henne in 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                Henne's stock seems to be through the roof right now. There's no guarantee the Bears could grab him at 27. He'd look good in Chicago though, as would Flacco.

Chad Henne has the buzz right now, with Baltimore and Miami also sniffing around the late twenties looking for a trade up.
                Rumors are that Miami is using Flacco as a smoke screen to try to get a team like Chicago to trade up and take him which would allow one of their guys (Henne, Groves) to fall to them.

btw...You guys are in serious denial if you think Cherilus and Stewart are lasting until 27. Both could go in the top 15 and are likely locks for the top 20. The Eagles are looking to trade up because all the OTs will be gone by their pick at 19.

At 27 you'd likely be looking at Sam Baker.

Comment

Originally posted by Skibow View Post
                  I might seriously cry. Bazuin and Okwo were bad enough!

I saw a lot of Woodson and Henne this past year, and I'd rather have Woodson late 3rd/4th over Henne in 2nd.
                  oh yeah, amen brother. i really liked woodson in the games i saw him in and thought he was going to be the next big QB. i even called home before overtime of the LSU game to tell my brother to watch it and see woodson....

i can't believe how hes fallen though....

and in all i saw of henne, i thought "ok, career backup type guy" so im real shocked to see how hes jumped up to be a first rounder...ugh

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post

they can take him and have for him for all i care. if henne is a bear in two days time, ill probably just hang my head in shame...

Comment

It won't surprise me if Miami ends up with #26 from Jacksonville for Jason Taylor. Hopefully, Atlanta beats the Bears to the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                        It won't surprise me if Miami ends up with #26 from Jacksonville for Jason Taylor. Hopefully, Atlanta beats the Bears to the punch.
                        i would hope so....henne could be a parcells kind of guy i believe...

but he might go for flacco even more.....ugh.....

Comment

if baltimore and miami want henne and we're at 27. i'd take a few seconds and thirds to make it happen.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

oh yeah, amen brother. i really liked woodson in the games i saw him in and thought he was going to be the next big QB. i even called home before overtime of the LSU game to tell my brother to watch it and see woodson....

i can't believe how hes fallen though....

and in all i saw of henne, i thought "ok, career backup type guy" so im real shocked to see how hes jumped up to be a first rounder...ugh
                            You saw a career backup guy in Chad Henne huh...He was injured for the better part of this year and still had a good season.

I bet you saw the same with Tom Brady too...Or David Gerrard, or Steve Young, or Matt Hasselbeck, etc...

Henne has the tools to be a starting QB in the NFL. He's got great size, big time arm, good pocket presense, he's experienced/proven, and he's got upside. Sure he's inconsistent but that doesn't worry me. I saw him slice and dice a very good Florida defense in the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day this year. With Pep working on him Chad would be a good looking QB should we take him.

Now frankly I don't care if we grab a QB or not on the first day. My thought is that without an OL no QB will do well on this team. But I'm not sure if Grossman or Orton are the answer long term. I think out of the 2 Rex has a chance but I don't know if JA is willing to take that chance.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

i would hope so....henne could be a parcells kind of guy i believe...

but he might go for flacco even more.....ugh.....
                              Oh shut up lol...Your perspective is why I hate some of the Bear fans I talk to. They ***** and whine over who they want and they throw a fit when they don't get the guy they wanted instead of letting the guy prove himself before you form judgment.

Sure I have an opinion on the players they take but I'm not going to judge them when they get drafted. I go into camp with an open mind about our picks and see how they pan out.

I'm an Illinois fan so I got to see a lot of Henne over his career, he's a player and with the right coaching he could be a stud because he's definitely got the tools.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information