Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    So, if there is a starting offensive lineman out there, why do you thik he's been passed over 163 times so far? How many late 5th round picks come into camp the favorite to win a starting spot? Or maybe you guys (and by you guys I mean the people clearly base your opinions off of media rankings), know more than every single personel person in the NFL.

    It's the 158th pick in the draft. I'll be happy if he makes the team, which, as the 3rd tight end, he obviously will.
    He could be passed over for a number of reasons. His character has severely hurt his draft stock apparently. It could have been the same for Harrison and Davis for all we know. We didn't find out because WE drafted them. All 3 had off the field problems.

    You need to get over yourself. Just because people on this board have a difference of opinion you go on some tirade and make idiotic statements. Hold that **** to yourself and act like someone who is a season veteran on these boards. You're classless and you need to grow up.

    Comment


    • Leave it up to Jerry Angelo to get a bunch of Bears fans on mega monkey tilt.

      Everyone grab their popcorn...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
        Carl Nicks is a hothead just like these guys. If we didn't select either one of them they just may have dropped this far also. We don't know this because WE drafted them. Angelo has ran his mouth about taking "Character Players" and he takes 2 problem children. I like the Harrison pick. I don't like the fact that he's contradicting himself. Taking Kellen Davis as a 3rd TE? No Guard?, No QB?, 1 Safety?, No OLB Depth? and we pick Jerramy Stevens Jr?

        Open your window and let some light into your life. Its ok to take a computer break from time to time. Lord knows you need it. Face it. Jerry Angelo is a tool and you're not any better.
        Are u kidding me?
        Character Players? How do you know Marcus Harrison didnt change? Did u interview him? No. But the Bears obviously did.
        He is a first 1 round talent in the 3rd round which makes it good value if they think he change.

        Its the freakin 5th round. We can take the BPA. We filled the biggest hole, there are still 142453412435 QBs out there. Bowman could play safety. We have some nice LBs. Why not take a chance on a guy who is a nice value? And if he doesnt pan out, who cares? I mean half of the guys picked in the 5th are PS or cut by the end of training camp. So pls calm down.

        Comment


        • How do you know that Nicks hasnt changed? Pepelle said he liked the Harrison pick, but he didnt like JA contradicting himself on taking high character players.

          Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
            Davis is a very effective reciever over the middle and he's deceptively quick for how big he is. He had a pretty good school workout, i got to see him firsthand running routes and he's a very natural pass catcher.

            He's pretty similar, but much more raw, than Greg Olsen.
            He has a very good upside but his character is a problem. Something Jerry Angelo stated he was going to focus on from here moving forward. I guess that was all talk.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
              How do you know that Nicks hasnt changed? Pepelle said he liked the Harrison pick, but he didnt like JA contradicting himself on taking high character players.
              where did he contradict himself?

              JA never said Harrison isnt a high character player. Hell we dont even know what he means with high character player. Its relativ

              Comment


              • I like the Bennett and Harrison picks, and am indifferent about the Davis pick. I kind of don't understand the Bowman pick due to the fact we have 5 real good guys at CB already, but whatever, it was the 5th. Steltz, meh. I don't see what he adds that we already don't have. At least he still has some upside. I think this signals the end of Archuletta.

                I am a bit annoyed that we have ignored OLine since the 1st round. We still need a couple of guys, and the pickings are becoming slim for OLinemen.

                ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                  He could be passed over for a number of reasons. His character has severely hurt his draft stock apparently. It could have been the same for Harrison and Davis for all we know. We didn't find out because WE drafted them. All 3 had off the field problems.

                  You need to get over yourself. Just because people on this board have a difference of opinion you go on some tirade and make idiotic statements. Hold that **** to yourself and act like someone who is a season veteran on these boards. You're classless and you need to grow up.
                  That's funny, I need to get over myself when my whole point was that all of you are bitching and acting like you know everything because you read a few website's rankings. I have no idea if a 5th rounder is a good pick or not, none of us do.

                  And I'll act however I want. Who the **** are you? You've been here for what, a year now, and I have yet to see you make a single worthwhile comment other than your constant bitching and whining about not having a runningback (which you've now whined and bitched about the runningback we've drafted). How about you mind your business? I'll say whatever I want.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                    How do you know that Nicks hasnt changed? Pepelle said he liked the Harrison pick, but he didnt like JA contradicting himself on taking high character players.
                    They're not going to see it bearfan. I make a statement towards a vet and the rest of the gang see's red. lol

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                      I like the Bennett and Harrison picks, and am indifferent about the Davis pick. I kind of don't understand the Bowman pick due to the fact we have 5 real good guys at CB already, but whatever, it was the 5th. Steltz, meh. I don't see what he adds that we already don't have. At least he still has some upside. I think this signals the end of Archuletta.

                      I am a bit annoyed that we have ignored OLine since the 1st round. We still need a couple of guys, and the pickings are becoming slim for OLinemen.
                      Toon said they prolly look for Bowman to compete at S

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Renji View Post
                        where did he contradict himself?

                        JA never said Harrison isnt a high character player. Hell we dont even know what he means with high character player. Its relativ
                        Hey I didnt say it, pepelle did.

                        I like the Harrison pick. I don't like the fact that he's contradicting himself.
                        I agree smokey, the lack of OL since has been disapointing. W/ needs there, we have drafted at filled positions. Not cool.

                        Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                        Comment


                        • Our first three picks are character guys. You can take chances in the later rounds, that's the whole point of later round picks.

                          This is a very typical Angelo draft. Guys from big schools, guys with great athletic ability, safe picks in the beginning with risky picks in the later rounds. This is nothing new at all.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                            They're not going to see it bearfan. I make a statement towards a vet and the rest of the gang see's red. lol
                            Nobody cares that I'm a vet. People aren't sticking up for me because they like me, **** I just criticized half of them. Most of the people here constatnly disagree with you because you're an idiot. It's got nothing to do with me.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • owned...

                              btw Bearfan i just quoted the next best post, it was against pelle ;)

                              id still like to see some OL help though...

                              The guys on NFL.com said Kellen Davis could be a nice DE.
                              Kind like a poorman's Vrable i guess

                              Comment


                              • How do you know Nicks has overcome his character issues? They interviewed these guys, we didn't. They got background checks on these guys, we didn't. They talked to their coaches, we didn't.

                                I'm about sick and tired of the bitching and moaning that's going on. The Bears know more about these prospects than any of us do. They obviously feel they're good fits, and I agree.

                                Outside the first round, the OL class blows. There were a couple guys I liked but the Bears didn't feel it was good value.

                                Oh and BUST, my best friend was pulled over and had X in his pocket...Does that make him a character risk? He was 18 years old when it happened, he was young and stupid. But he's not a bad person and he's been clean ever since. Harrison hasn't gotten in any trouble since then and Lovie sat down and talked with him for 2 hours.

                                Again, none of you know how these guys are going to pan out. Jerry has proven he can draft in the middle rounds and find some gems so just let things play out.

                                Again, I can only wonder what you thought when we picked Vasher, Tillman, Briggs, Booker, Kruetz, Hester, Brown, etc...And all of those players are Pro Bowl Caliber guys picked in the 2nd Round or later.


                                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information