Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Chicago Bears in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

I select you Geo.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

You're better off with Sexy Rexy.

Think the Bears could pull the trigger on Devin Thomas if the right lineman isn't there? Or perhaps RB?
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        You're better off with Sexy Rexy.

Think the Bears could pull the trigger on Devin Thomas if the right lineman isn't there? Or perhaps RB?
        RB is more likely...but I think they'll come out of it with an OT, even if its a reach for Gosder

Comment

eh. right now it's a crap shoot onto what we can only hope...

linemen will still probably happen. and i don't think it'll be clady.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

im gonna cry if we go QB in the first

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
              im gonna cry if we go QB in the first
              I doubt we do, not with all the Henne buzz in the first right now. Angelo never, never trades up....Ryan will be gone and there's talk about Henne in the top 10 now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

imagine we reach for henne...

Comment

We really need to hope that the Saints don't trade up to 5 to select Dorsey (assuming the first 4 fall as projected). I think the best case scenario is the Chiefs staying at 5 and drafting Dorsey. Falling back to 10 would almost guarantee that they'd take an offensive lineman, and we need as few people picking lineman as possible.

Another interesting note is Mayock saying that some teams are taking Chris Williams off their boards entirely due to concerns about his neck. I've never been a big Chris Williams fan anyway, so that doesn't mean much to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                    imagine we reach for henne...
                    <shiver>

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    We really need to hope that the Saints don't trade up to 5 to select Dorsey (assuming the first 4 fall as projected). I think the best case scenario is the Chiefs staying at 5 and drafting Dorsey. Falling back to 10 would almost guarantee that they'd take an offensive lineman, and we need as few people picking lineman as possible.

Another interesting note is Mayock saying that some teams are taking Chris Williams off their boards entirely due to concerns about his neck. I've never been a big Chris Williams fan anyway, so that doesn't mean much to me.
                    i still like chris....he hasnt missed a game in the past 3 years. i wont say that the injury concerns arent there, especially if theyre with his neck, but don't you think a guy should show signs of an injury on the field a little before taking him off of your draft board?

anyway.....for me, worst case scenario and clady, williams and albert are all gone....id like to take gosder. at least get a RT for the next decade who we won't have to worry about them moving to LT (like we would with otah and i dont see him play him there...)

Comment

My ideal draft would look a little something like:

1-014) OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
                      2-044) QB Joe Flacco, Delaware
                      3-070) RB Matt Forte, Tulane
                      3-090) OG Kerry Brown, App. St.
                      4-110) DT Andre Fluellen, Florida St.
                      5-142) OL Drew Radovich, Southern Cal.
                      6-175) FS Haruki Nakamura, Cincinnati
                      7-222) TE Adam Bishop, Nevada
                      7-243) FB Carl Stewart, Auburn
                      7-247) WR Robert Jordan, California
                      7-248) WR Todd Blythe, Iowa St.

Another ideal situation would be trading up to 11 and selecting Albert, if he's there.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        My ideal draft would look a little something like:

1-014) OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
                        2-044) QB Joe Flacco, Delaware
                        3-070) RB Matt Forte, Tulane
                        3-090) OG Kerry Brown, App. St.
                        4-110) DT Andre Fluellen, Florida St.
                        5-142) OL Drew Radovich, Southern Cal.
                        6-175) FS Haruki Nakamura, Cincinnati
                        7-222) TE Adam Bishop, Nevada
                        7-243) FB Carl Stewart, Auburn
                        7-247) WR Robert Jordan, California
                        7-248) WR Todd Blythe, Iowa St.

Another ideal situation would be trading up to 11 and selecting Albert, if he's there.
                        That would be unreal!

Comment

that would be pretty decent smokey. i like the nakamura mention, lol

Comment

Cherilus isn't going to go before Otah. That just simply is not going to happen. I personally don't think Williams goes before Otah either, unless the Broncos or Panthers are really impressed with him.

It wouldn't suprise me to see Cherilus fall to the top of the 2nd, although I personally am a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Cherilus isn't going to go before Otah. That just simply is not going to happen. I personally don't think Williams goes before Otah either, unless the Broncos or Panthers are really impressed with him.

It wouldn't suprise me to see Cherilus fall to the top of the 2nd, although I personally am a fan.
                              i just say gosder because there wouldnt be any temptation to move him to LT in the future. if someone guranteed me that otah would stay at RT, then id prefer him, but i think there would be too much temptation to kick him over....and i just dont see him working there...

but the draft so far has been good for the bears! im hoping those OTs stick around...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information