Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Draft Discussion

Only 364 more days! :D

It's kinda hard to predict what needs we'll have but we could use some more OL help next year, possibly a QB, some more DL depth...And possibly some WR's again depending on who steps up and who doesn't.

Obviously grabbing a guy like Oher would be awesome, or a guy like Crabtree but that would mean a bad year and I don't want that. Looks like a pretty good OL class next year on paper with some depth which is good.

QB wise it looks kinda weak right now unless the Jr's like Tebow, Stafford, Sanchez, etc declare.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

On Board for the Dan Lefevor Bandwagon. Yeah, he probably won't be a top pick or anything I just like to watch him play, and he probably will not declare. But besides that he's Dan Lefevor.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Who needs Forte clap clap clapclap clap!
      KoShown Moreno clap clap clapclap clap!

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Heyward-Bay in the 1st and Mark Sanchez in the 2nd. I like Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
          On Board for the Dan Lefevor Bandwagon. Yeah, he probably won't be a top pick or anything I just like to watch him play, and he probably will not declare. But besides that he's Dan Lefevor.
          I like LeFevour. I actually played basketball against him in high school.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
            I like LeFevour. I actually played basketball against him in high school.
            Where'd you go to High School? I play High School football against him...

Comment

Originally posted by skeet3r View Post
              Where'd you go to High School? I play High School football against him...
              I played basketball against him when I was at Holy Cross High School as a sophomore. Then my school switched conferences from the East Suburban Catholic Conference to the Chicago Catholic League. Unfortunately a year later my school closed. I graduated from Guerin High School back in June of 2005.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

1st rd: Courtney Greene Safety
                2nd rd: OG or T
                3rd: QB
                Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Redone:

Trade Down from 7th overall to 24th acquiring 56th overall and 2nd rder next year. (Fair deal, no, but I think the Bears would come out the better for it)
                  24th: Duke Robinson G- Gives us a legitimate guard to take over for Garza if Beekman does well on the left side. Should give our running game some oomph.

39th:Courtney Greene S- No im not giving this up. We need a good safety and sadly we keep trying to fill it in the 4th or fifth rds. Yes we are good on the second day with defensive guys but we shouldnt rely on it. Case and point Mike Brown and Brandon McGowan are our starters. Both are injury prone and unless Kevin Payne stays healthy and is a revelation we will have no one with experience left. Then our scheme will be screwed.

56th- Rudy Carpenter QB- After seeing him in another mock ive become attached to this idea. Carpenter is fiery, emotional, and competitive. Something we have lacked at the QB position in awhile. His attitude kinda reminds me of Favre or McMahan. Injury concerns allow him to fall here more so than anything else IMO.

71st-Xavier Fulton OT- Okay my homer pick. I want JA to show willingness to upgrade the trenches. He can be groomed behind Tait for a year or two and then take over the right tackle spot.

Now ill address some things that Im sure will pass through most Bears fans minds.
                  1- Where is the Wide Receiver? We have committed a ton of money to Hester to be a great WR, now this year (the 08 season) he isnt going to get a fair chance with our bad o-line (which also makes the running game paltry) and weak qb play, so I am suggesting we give him 2 years before we make our move for another WR in the first 3 rds. That is unless a huge value falls to us. (Bey in the second for an example)

2 Why not QB earlier? Frankly the QB crop is rather weak. A bunch of second tier prospects with maybe 2 studs in Bradford and Stafford. I'm betting only one comes out leaving us with little options for an earlier pick. Plus as I said earlier I love Carpenter's emotion.

3. Terrible trade for us in value! Yes I realize this. We are essentially losing 300 points of value, but a top ten pick makes alot of money. This class looks to be heavy in tackles and ILBs and frankly we cant afford to pick a MLB top 10 with Urlacher still here and we just picked a guy in Williams this past draft to be our LT of the future so no player worth the pick for us. At runningback I think we have TJ version2 in Forte so Im happy with that. So we trade down, dont quite get value but we do get 2 guys who should be stalwarts for us for years. Plus the next years second gives us a good trade chip if necessary.
                  Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

If we don't get a top signal caller like Stafford, I would then prefer us to go after some more OLine help. In Scott's mock, he has us going with Heyward-Bay, but I would much rather go with Andre Smith. Sure, we spent a top 15 pick last on the OLine, but it still needs help. And a good OLine makes everyone on the team better.

Hopefully Williams would return next year and play LT, then we put Smith at LG, and possibly even eventually replace Tait at RT.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

im all for upgrading the o-line but two top 15 picks on it? Even I find that a bit extreme.
                      Bears fan

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Forgive them Tebow, for they know not what they do.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                          im all for upgrading the o-line but two top 15 picks on it? Even I find that a bit extreme.
                          The O-Line is the only position on the field that can make everyone on the team better. A good OLine gives the QB time to throw and keeps him healthy, and because of that, it leads to receivers getting open. A good OLine opens up holes for a decent RB and turns them into an All-Pro. A good OLine gives an offense the ability to sustain long drives and keep the D rested.

Some say QB is the most important position, but that's ********. Oline is easily the most important position as they have the ability to turn decent players into all-pros.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Forgive them Tebow, for they know not what they do.
                            If Tebow is as godly as you say he is, he won't be around for when the Bears pick...

And Tebow is extremely overrated. If he couldn't run, he wouldn't be considered a 1st day prospect, IMO.

Comment

You could say the same thing about Randall Cunningham and Vince Young. I'm not sure when being able to run became a bad thing for a quarterback.

I think Tebow has become extremely underrated by people that want to be in the know by bashing him. Let's talk about Stafford who has a 26/23 TD/INT ratio and a 54.5% completion percentage. He's a top prospect why?

And the Bears are going to suck next year. We probably won't have a top 5 pick, but nothing would suprise me.
                              Last edited by bearsfan_51; 08-13-2008, 09:02 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information