2010 Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    I've heard good things about Barnes but I've also heard that he's super slow. No one else there really jumps out at me as anything more than camp fodder and practice squad bodies.
    Freddie Barnes did well in the East West Shrine Game. he was selected to go to the Senior Bowl but he decided to opt out to work on speed training for the combine/pro day. If someone can work with him with his seperation I think he could still be a solid prospect. The guy has great hands. I just hope we give the guy a real opportunity to shine because he catches everything. I have a feeling he's going to get the Mike Hass treatment. Maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      The draft could have been worse. Could have been much better.

Wright is an ok pick and will likely be a starter.

Wooton was good value at a big position of need.

Moore was a bad pick. Can't sugar coat that.

LeFevour will be a good pick if he gets a Tebow package. I could see him helping out in the red zone.

Webb has a ton of upside/starting potential. Can't ask for more than that out of a 7th rounder.
      The good news is that we can actually look forward to next April and the draft. The last two years have been tough to watch due to the Cutler trade.

I didn't have any expectations for this draft at all. I am pleasantly surprised with what we ended up with however.

Wright/Wooton isn't bad. Both are probably 2nd round talents and we got them picking at #75 & #109.. not bad.

Hopefully Angelo is gone next year. I look forward to a draft without him making the choices.

Comment

• We might have gotten 2 starters (Wright, Wooton), 3 if we're lucky with Webb. So given what we had to work with, I'm okay with this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          I've heard good things about Barnes but I've also heard that he's super slow. No one else there really jumps out at me as anything more than camp fodder and practice squad bodies.
          I am a Michigan fan so take it for what it's worth, but if Brandon Minor could actually manage to stay healthy, he could really be a pretty good NFL back. Problem is, he's never actually stayed healthy for an entire season.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
            I am a Michigan fan so take it for what it's worth, but if Brandon Minor could actually manage to stay healthy, he could really be a pretty good NFL back. Problem is, he's never actually stayed healthy for an entire season.
            I've always had similar thoughts about Minor and I dislike Michigan.

He would have to play special teams to make the team however. And even though Wolfe is a joke of a RB - he is a good special teams player.

Comment

• I like the Wright pick.

I like Webb as a Prospect as well. Really big dude!

Comment

• http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1693199

Quinton Scott seems like an intriguing prospect. He has some ridiculous measurables and put up some good numbers in the MVC. He also had a pretty good review from this site. Why wasn't he drafted?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information