2010 Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
    It will be interesting to see if a rookie play scale gets implemented because that could alter the value of top round picks. If we end up having a down year, it might not make a top ten pick as poisonous.
    Denver will just love it then. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Denver will just love it then. ;)
      Damn I keep forgetting. I still can't believe Denver traded their 1st rounder to Seattle. What the hell is that about?

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
        Damn I keep forgetting. I still can't believe Denver traded their 1st rounder to Seattle. What the hell is that about?
        Either Seattle was smart to ask for that one or Denver is just ********. There is not a snowballs chance in hell we do worse than Denver this year barring some kind of injury to a key player. (Likely multiple key players. Hell, our team bus might need to go off a cliff for us to do worse than Denver.)

So, if Seattle struggles again, theres a good chance they end up with two top 10 picks while Denver could do as badly as they want and if we do well, could be picking in the 20's or 30's. God I hope 30's......

Comment

Having Denver pick 32nd would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
            We didn't have a 3rd or 1st this year which really hurt. You can't trade compensation picks.

We will not be near as handicapped for the 2010 draft.

Also, Jerry could dangle the 2011 first if he wants to move in. He didn't have that option this weekend.
            That still wouldn't get you into the first. Carolina gave up their 2010 first and only got pick 43.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
              Quick 2010 mock.

2. Sam Young RT
              3. Auston English DE
              4. John Jerry RG

I think Jerry will fall like all the other huge RGs have.
              Jerry will be a first round pick, he is the best OG in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                That still wouldn't get you into the first. Carolina gave up their 2010 first and only got pick 43.
                Carolina gave up a first, because they really wanted Everette Brown.

Just the year before Philly traded their first round pick to Carolina for a future 1st. (Jeff Otah)

2011 1st + something else will get you into the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  Jerry will be a first round pick, he is the best OG in the draft.
                  Duke Robinson much?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Duke Robinson much?
                    Duke was over hyped because of the school he went to. John needs to drop the weight, but he is just as talented and has more upside than Duke.

Comment

Duke was over hyped because of the school he went to. John needs to drop the weight, but he is just as talented and has more upside than Duke.
                      I dunno......last year at this time right up until I think the national championship game, Duke was a lock first rounder with huge upside and pro bowl potential. Then he drops like a rock......

Plus so few true guards go in the first to begin with...

We'll see next year at this time, but right now, I'm skeptical.

Comment

Just as talented as a 6th rounder?

I thought the kid from Florida State was real good. I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Comment

$$$$

remember kids. the higher you pick, the worse it is because you have to pay the piper. and the piper is expensive.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Give me...Jerry Hughes in 2010

Comment

Originally posted by shady00 View Post
                              Give me...Jerry Hughes in 2010
                              Very undersized at 6'2, 248 and if he has another 15 sack season, he won't be around for our 2nd rounder. He'll be going to some 3-4 team in the first as an OLB.

Comment

yeah, Hughes doesn't fit our system but I love his motor; he's not the best prospect in next year's draft, but I love his game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information